Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
Does anyone make an over tray for these? I guess a body for the 8ight buggy would fit,right?
Several people have used the 810 Buggy body as an overtray. A long time ago someone posted pix of their truck pulled from a muddy track and it did it's job really well. Perfect, no. But kept most of the bad stuff from getting in and made it a LOT easier to clean.
Originally Posted by dzstr
Finally got my SCTE on the track last night. In the air it is very touchy. The smallest amount of brake immediately brings the nose down rapidly. Trying to get the nose up, even with Pro4 4600 at full throttle, does little. Truck still has the stock chasis with the AE brace, 35wt emulsion shocks with black/orange springs, 7/5/3 diffs. Is this the same thing others experience?
your setup sounds good from what you've listed. The shock weight is a little high unless your running a big 1/8th scale track with big jumps. Otherwise try going down to about 30. I run mostly at OCRC which is a medium sized indoor clay track and run either 27.5 or 30 depending on the layout. The truck does jump nose down at first. You jump it slightly different than many other cars. I kind of blip the throttle and hold it as I go off the jump (hard to explain lol) and it seems to really flatten the truck out. So it may be that you just need to get used to how it jumps, once you do it's second nature. Also, you can try running the battery back in the tray by removing that little bar out of the battery tray. Good Luck!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally got my SCTE on the track last night. In the air it is very touchy. The smallest amount of brake immediately brings the nose down rapidly. Trying to get the nose up, even with Pro4 4600 at full throttle, does little. Truck still has the stock chasis with the AE brace, 35wt emulsion shocks with black/orange springs, 7/5/3 diffs. Is this the same thing others experience?
It may be the jumps themselves!!Also adjust your rear springs up or down and then re run the same jump to see if that helps!My truck has never jumped nose down,even with two different chassis and so forth.Like Scott said it may just be a practice makes perfect deal,also turn your brake EPA down a bit and it wont be so touchy when you need it. Cheers

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Several people have used the 810 Buggy body as an overtray. A long time ago someone posted pix of their truck pulled from a muddy track and it did it's job really well. Perfect, no. But kept most of the bad stuff from getting in and made it a LOT easier to clean.

your setup sounds good from what you've listed. The shock weight is a little high unless your running a big 1/8th scale track with big jumps. Otherwise try going down to about 30. I run mostly at OCRC which is a medium sized indoor clay track and run either 27.5 or 30 depending on the layout. The truck does jump nose down at first. You jump it slightly different than many other cars. I kind of blip the throttle and hold it as I go off the jump (hard to explain lol) and it seems to really flatten the truck out. So it may be that you just need to get used to how it jumps, once you do it's second nature. Also, you can try running the battery back in the tray by removing that little bar out of the battery tray. Good Luck!
Hey Scoot are you at the JBRL at O.C.?
How is the turn out? New job is going well when I get the promised increase $$$$$ I will be able to play more and come race wit ya guys!!Also what tires do you run at ocrc? Thanx Bro ..Ric,
Old 03-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Also check for any binding...maybe there is something causing drag when you take off. I agree though...more than likely just the jump itself. Some are like that.
My truck flies perfect...I will admit though when I first raced it wasn't that way. It does take some getting used to.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New SCTE

I just got a NIB scte and from what the shop told me I have some worry that it may be an early run truck, meaning I will have some diff issues. Took the diffs apart to lose the grease and parts of the pins appear almost rusted. Could this mean they might be the "problem" pins or do the updated diff parts look like this as well? Will I just have to run it and see of they fall apart before I know?
Old 03-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

All 4wd will nose dive wicked when brakes are applied.. you can even do front flips if you try hard enough When you come off the face of the jump don't slow down, run even through it or accelerate off the face only (make adjustments mid flight). Make sure you don't have any drag break on, many forget this.. and soften up your brakes some in the speedo to help. You don't need the brakes super touchy unless you're a pro and really like it that way Some motors and even your drive train cause drag that can at times bring the front down, you can tweak some esc's or apply a touch of extra adjustment on your Tx's forward trim if needed (not too much).
Old 03-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, when I was filling my diffs with oil I noticed that the diffs felt "notchy" is this normal? They didnt feel like this when the grease was in there but once I switched it out for diff oil they felt notchy. Will they break in over time? I did run the truck for half a pack and everything seemed fine.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default scte-pro4

I know that this has probably allready been ansered before, but im runnig a pro4 4600 with a 13 tooth pinion and I came off the track last night at 180 degrees. Is this normal or what is everybody else running for gear.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
You know that the 810 is listed as a 1/8 scale, 10th scale 4x4 nitro RTR. It doesn't make sense to me but I was always under the asuption that it was 10th scale because they already have the 8ight. I guess I was wrong about what scale it was. Yea I race later today I guess I need to go to sleep. By the way check out the Losi page for the 810, it says 1/8th scale at the top then right under that it says 10th scale.http://losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0021
Where does it say anything about 1/10th scale? I think you're seeing things.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Talking

Check it out heres my updated scte.... I get super long run times with the 1900kv and 4s, but its heavy.. Can you guys tell me a good 2s setup for the longest run times... Also does the rx8 have a torque control feature like the mamba monster? Thanks guys...

Old 03-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I was running rx8 with pro 4 4000 stock spur on 14 tooth. Changed to the 2.0 43 spur and went up to 16 tooth pinion. Acceleration is much better and the temPs are lower . Seems to have given the 4g more power
Old 03-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
I was running rx8 with pro 4 4000 stock spur on 14 tooth. Changed to the 2.0 43 spur and went up to 16 tooth pinion. Acceleration is much better and the temPs are lower . Seems to have given the 4g more power
did you have to modify anything to make it work on 43t???
Old 03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

You have to sand the center hole larger on the 2.0 spur.I used 120 grit and a dbl A battery , takes 5 min. Then i added 2mm washers under the center diff . Basically threw 2 washers on the four screws that screw into the motor mount and front holder thingy. Or you could dremel the chassis pocket where the spur is. Good option fOr those with 15 to 20 pinions and dont wanna buy lower teeth pinions lol

Last edited by BDRMBULLY; 03-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Iron-T
I know that this has probably allready been ansered before, but im runnig a pro4 4600 with a 13 tooth pinion and I came off the track last night at 180 degrees. Is this normal or what is everybody else running for gear.

Thanks
Not sure what track your running on? If it is at hobbtytown in Omaha where I race when I ran the 4600 it was never that hot. I was geared stock spur with a 14t pinion, I would check for binding in the drivetrain, bad bearings etc. If your running the RX8 turn your punch control down some and go from there. I'll be racing Tuesday night there if your around look me up, I'm the guy running the fluorescent green scte.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1st place at the races today! I broke another body post and didn't even wreck real bad. I also broke another Pro line renegade wheel tonight. I will not buy another set. My local indoor track is going to plow their dirt up and re mix it with some other dirt because it's way to hard. It packs down like concrete.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iron-T

Thanks
I had the same setup, same motor, same pinion and a RX8. I also had the same temps your getting, so I dropped down to a 12t and it fixed the heat issue. Also run 80% power limit, minimum boost and no drag break. Motor runs about 150 now and I still have plenty top end.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.