Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Davidka
Uh.. That's completely wrong.
Oyeah !

Just compare and count how many Traxxax rides and Ae rides are running at your local race track ...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Look what AE does for the racing community and potential hobbyists.They Produce arrogant 1 minded characters such as yourself it's almost sad and people wonder why the bashing community is still so large..no one wants to go to a track which is really a place to have fun and be surrounded by people who look down on you cause of what you drive
Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
Look what AE does for the racing community and potential hobbyists.They Produce arrogant 1 minded characters such as yourself it's almost sad and people wonder why the bashing community is still so large..no one wants to go to a track which is really a place to have fun and be surrounded by people who look down on you cause of what you drive
Been racing longer more most , this Traxxx crap has been on for quite a while ...

You need to understand , I stand for racing as a sport..

Traxxax does not respect racing, and if they did I would be supporting them ...

Hope you understand why I`m this way ....

I`m a racer and love this sport first ...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

im a racer 2 i race 1/8 nitro and have been considering the electric scene for the purpose of close racing...but what you have to understand is that everyone is not in it for racing they're in it for in front of the house, on camping trips,at the local skate park...and that's where traxxas comes in...they're not a company who markets themselves as a strict racing team(heck they don't even say win races in their promotions) I think that is the point myself and others are trying to relay..if traxxas was promoting themselves as a race company then i could see you bashing them as they only release rtr's of which on one is competitive in it's scene(the revo) well that and the slash lol
Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

thinkin about it. look how long it took AE to satisfy every1s gripe about no 4wd buggy!!!!

R
Old 07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
im a racer 2 i race 1/8 nitro and have been considering the electric scene for the purpose of close racing...but what you have to understand is that everyone is not in it for racing they're in it for in front of the house, on camping trips,at the local skate park...and that's where traxxas comes in...they're not a company who markets themselves as a strict racing team(heck they don't even say win races in their promotions) I think that is the point myself and others are trying to relay..if traxxas was promoting themselves as a race company then i could see you bashing them as they only release rtr's of which on one is competitive in it's scene(the revo) well that and the slash lol

Understand most don`t race r/c...
Still , I only support racing as it way more fun than running out in ft of the house....

Best of luck to Traxxxas in their plan`s to dominate the toy r/c market...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Been racing longer more most , this Traxxx crap has been on for quite a while ...

You need to understand , I stand for racing as a sport..

Traxxax does not respect racing, and if they did I would be supporting them ...

Hope you understand why I`m this way ....

I`m a racer and love this sport first ...
hey AE is great, I own a B4 and I do find it's design superior in just about every way to the traxxas (and some other brands I've owned)

traxxas does not "respect" racing because there is no money to be made from racing, there is much more money to be made by people just goofing around in their front yards and parks.

What you fail to realize is how small a chunk of the RC world you and people like you are. For every $100 you and other hardcore racers spend, bashers spend $1000 (made up stat, don't beat me up too bad on it)
Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The main point I'm trying to make is that racing would be alot more popular if the juggernaut of RC marketing (Traxxas) acually supported it, instead of making a mockery of it with vehicles like the Jato, Slash, and Slayer.

It would be a win-win if Traxxas just produced something competitve for an EXISTING race class.

They would sell even more vehicles and tracks would have a lot better attendance.

Whether you agree with me or not, one thing is certain, tens of thousands of Traxxas fans would show up in droves for club races if/when they ever made a vehicle that could compete with a T4 or an RC8.

This argument boils down to 2 thoughts:

Traxxas Fan "C'mon AE make a spec CORR truck so we can finally race ya and maybe even win"

AE Fan "Thanks but no, we already race stadium trucks. Why dont you get Traxxas to make something decent so we can finnally race and maybe you might win"
Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Initiate

wow... ok then.. The only thing I think is cool about the slash is the looks, read the forums its kind of the same for most. If someone makes a body like the slash that can fit a T4 or my XXXT they will sell a ton of them. Someone make a body please so I can go beat up on those slash trucks with my XXXT..
Old 07-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Legend

Hey Ed

Look at what is going on right as we speak ...

Spec Traxxax Core trucks only R legal ....

Almost no changes that will be legal , no other brand`s allowed , ect....

Like I said ,

If Ae, Losi ,ect. Made one, it would game over for the Traxxax Coor`s .....

well .....
On the race track that is ....

and then

Traxxas would just produce another diversion class vehicle like their doing in 1/8 scale Nitro with the Slayer..

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-09-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ed237
The main point I'm trying to make is that racing would be alot more popular if the juggernaut of RC marketing (Traxxas) acually supported it, instead of making a mockery of it with vehicles like the Jato, Slash, and Slayer.
The reason that Traxxas is the juggernaut of RC is exactly because they've bucked the trend to make race vehicles.

Traxxas is huge because they don't compete with AE/Losi/Kyosho/tamiya......

all these companies were fighting over the small racer section of business while Traxxas ran wild concentrating on dominating the basher market without any real competition from other manufacturers.

if racing/producing racing vehicles/promoting local races would make traxxas more money they would do it.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237

Traxxas Fan "C'mon AE make a spec CORR truck so we can finally race ya and maybe even win"

AE Fan "Thanks but no, we already race stadium trucks. Why dont you get Traxxas to make something decent so we can finnally race and maybe you might win"

You still dont get it. We don't care to be able to say oh we beat AE, because for use its all in fun and not who beat who. We want AE, Losi, and who ever else is listening to make this style truck because we dont care for or thank there current style trucks are REALISTIC!!!! Nether is the Rustler, witch i dont care for also.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Traxxas needs the money as CORR racing is expensive!Traxxas is running and fully supporting 3 trucks. AE puts 'RC10' stickers on the Red Bull truck.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
Traxxas needs the money as CORR racing is expensive!Traxxas is running and fully supporting 3 trucks. AE puts 'RC10' stickers on the Red Bull truck.
They also have a monster truck. Don't forget about that...
Old 07-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hey Ed
Look at what is going on right as we speak ...
Spec Traxxax Core trucks only R legal ....
Almost no changes that will be legal , no other brand`s allowed , ect....
Like I said ,
If Ae, Losi ,ect. Made one, it would game over for the Traxxax Coor`s .....
well .....
On the race track that is ....
and then
Traxxas would just produce another diversion class vehicle like their doing in 1/8 scale Nitro with the Slayer..
Ricky Bobby?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.