Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

R/C racing and R/C cars (bashing) aren't even the same hobby. It's like calling rollerblading on the boardwalk and roller hockey the same thing just becasue they both use inline skates.

AE is like Ferrari or Porsche; they make specialty vehicles and are heavily involved in racing . Traxxas is more like Toyota: a huge popular company that makes more mainstream vehicles and is highly profitable. Saying one is better than the other or more porfitable than the other is not really a fair comparison. It is unfair to compare the two as they are making products for different markets.

The one thing that is funny about the whole CORR thing? Everyone complains when a racing company like AE spends low six figures supporting a racing team to promote and create newer and better products. "Why should we pay for these guys to race instead of the company lowering prices" is the typical complaint.

Then another company goes out and spends millions of dollars supporting a full CORR racing operation and nobody gives a **it.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree that Traxxas has done ALOT for the community. They do alot for beginners and getting people hooked. Then as a graduation process, people upgrade to the losi's, the AE, Kyoshos etc.

I don't think its ever going to be where people are turned away from racing, if anything certain classes get combined to create numbers needed to make the race happen.

AE doen't just build RACE only kits, but they are geared more for the competitive nature. Not to say AE aren't meant to be bashed, but they are more competitive.

I think we are seeing a changing dynamic in racing. Several people have hit it, there are more classes now spreading #s thin. Also, this is a HOBBY *GASP* and with the economy and every day prices increasing, certain things are put on the back burner. I remember several years ago when a friday night club race might last till midnight (starting at 7-730) and there were 5-8 heats, of races, often mult. classes. Now, races are finished by 10 and the heats may only be 4 and barely enough to have a class.

Agree that people make the classes, NOT the car. I think its sad that the days of local or park like tracks are gone. Im glad that there are still several tracks to choose from but it too can be limited by gas and the distance spent driving. Id like to see a resurgence and i DO think that kits like the Slash and the Slayer might bring new blood into the Hobby.

MOmo
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

well traxxas made one associated won't end of discussion get over it and move on traxxas is not in it for racing so what.

ed,and everyone it's ok just accept traxxas for what it is and be happy that when people decide to race they buy ae or losi
Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Oyeah !

Just compare and count how many Traxxax rides and Ae rides are running at your local race track ...
In the classes where Traxxas makes vehicles they are the overwhealming majority (production monster truck). There are some AE monster trucks but only one or two, they are far inferior to the Revo.

Why don't you stop posting here. You are not contributing anything to the conversation and when you try it's just ignorant nonsense.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Davidka
In the classes where Traxxas makes vehicles they are the overwhealming majority (production monster truck). There are some AE monster trucks but only one or two, they are far inferior to the Revo.

Why don't you stop posting here. You are not contributing anything to the conversation and when you try it's just ignorant nonsense.

One class , that's dieing does not sound overwhelming domination of the racing market to me ..
and

I`m not going anywhere as I love racing and the company's that support it ....

Please don`t take it so seriously ....
Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

This thread is a discussion about the possibility of Associated making a move into a market segment that Traxxas is already selling into, a segment that they established. This will not be the first time it's happened either, the AE monster GT has brought AE some success but it was made to grab a piece of a market that Traxxas already dominated (and establised).

R/C Racing is not what you think or say it is. Racing is whatever a group of people buy and decide to race. Every racing class in R/C has begun the same way. A company builds a kit/class and it catches on and becomes a racing class. A company that makes and markets succesful RTR's does more to bring racers in than a "racing" company does. The MT class is not dying, the racers that participated in it are moving over to more serious racing vehicles like Truggys and 1/8 buggies. This is why AE participates in the monster truck, 1/8 and RTR market. Oh, and probably to make a little money too.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wouldnt be so quick to lable the Revo a racing success story with the demise of monster truck racing across the country.

Didnt you do know they cancelled the monster truck class at the nats this year?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

And neither has ROAR announced a CORR racing class for Traxxas to come ruin and make a mockery of. Why is everyone getting so worked up over a NON-EXISTENT car?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Lord

Again, not paying attention...

Production MT is not a nats level category. Newsflash! WE are not nats level drivers (except for Rick H., what's up gangsta'! ). If you guys want to go off on tangents about what's won the nats then be my guest. It's irrelevant here.

Do you know why MT was not a class at nats? I don't and I don't care, neither do all the guys that buy Revos and AE Monster GT's.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Davidka, You seem like you've out of the loop for a while. Acually not many people race monster trucks anymore. But why do you care anyhow, since racing isnt but .01% of the RC market.

Mr Howart - With all due respect, Toyota's racing programs dwarf Porshe. Toyota has invested billions of dollars into NASCAR and F1 teams to compete against the best all over the world. I'm not sure comparing Toyota to Traxxas is being fair to Toyota.

I think Traxxas is more like Harley Davidson. You see them in garages everywhere, but you never see them at the track.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

1) remove current t4 body.
2) buy the traxxas corr body and duct tape newly purchased body to t4
3) check/adjust for wheel/body clearance
4) Dominate!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Lord

I have a very good grasp for what's going on in the hobby. You may see change of trends at your track but that doesn't mean that's whats happening everywhere. In my are there are far fewer MT's running at the track this season, many of them have moved on to truggies (proving once again, MT's bring racers in) and yes, you guessed it, the Traxxas Slash.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

mason that won't work slash is longer...what i don't understand is why you people care so much? if they made an ae corr truck im all for it simply because it's more comp for the slash...and if i lose to it so what...i am not sponsored doesn't hurt me any and truth be told I'd enjoy myself just as much....this topic should be titled Traxxas Bashers...we're mad cause AE DIDN'T COME OUT WITH IT FIRST
Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

now that was FUNNY!!!!! LMAO
Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I own a Slash, slapped a over powered BL/Lipo system in it and have a ball w/ it in the front yard and up and down the street.

I also own a T4 that I race and have a ball w/ at the track.

Along w/ my crawlers, minis, micros, ect.... all from many different manufactures.

Were do I fit in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.