Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Its a perfectly legitimate question to ask much better racing would be if Americas most successfull RC brand actually sold vehicles that were capable of competing in the existing classes at your local race track, instead of trying to creat their own unique classes so that they can monopolize it.

We should be asking Traxxes when will they finally make a 1/8 buggy or truggy or 1/10 truck capable of competing with AE, Kyosho, Ofna, and Losi instead of demanding the other companies to make a vehicle to compete with the Slash.
Traxxas never came out and said, "Hey buy the Slash and start a new racing class at your local track." It's us racers that decided to do it on our own. They just make the car, and we do what we want, whether it be race, bash, or both.

Traxxas is big because they cater to the masses, not primarily racers like AE. Racers make up a very small percentage of RC enthusiasts. You could ask them if or when they'll make a capable racer, but they run their company how they want, not how YOU want. They make what they want to make and don't demand other companies to follow their footsteps. Why would they try to create competition for themselves?
Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
You miss my point ...

The Ae designed for R/c racing ..

The Traxxax`s was not design for racing ....

If some other manufacture did make one of their own it would game over for the Slash because of it poor design...
None of other Slash driver`s would allow another design to beat um though , they would all cry cheater , ect ....

That is not a healthy race program , and it is doomed to fail....

So have fun bashing ....

I`m busy racing with my Ae rides..

BDW

Notice Traxxas`s never has produce a competitive ride in the establish class`s ?

They can`t win so they create class`s of their own that only fail with time ...

so why does traxxas sell so many more rustlers than AE sells T4's?

people don't really care about performance, and many just want something simple

people who actually race RC's competetively are a tiny tiny chunk of the market, bashers and people who just want to have fun are where the dollars are to be made.

traxxas didn't make the slash to win races or championships, they made it to make more money

people are racing slashes because it's something new and different to try, racing the same ST's and buggy's eventually gets old I guess
Old 07-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.rc10.com/homepage/060908_redbull.htm

Might be a sign of a kit to come?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy

http://www.rc10.com/homepage/060908_redbull.htm

Might be a sign of a kit to come?
Might be a sign of Red Bull desert truck kit to come too ~ but somehow I don't see that happening either.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

I don't see what is so unique about the Slash...can't you just put a huge truck body over a B44, RC10, etc?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No.Not even close.Its based off the stampede length chassis that is longer then a b44/b4 wheelbase.

If associated builds a CORR RTR,it will sell.I don't see them designing a new redesigned kit but an RTR based on T4/gt2 components.Who knows? would be cool.The slash size is the appeal.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think it is interesting that Traxxas came out with a "Instant" RTR that has grabbed so much attention in a strained electric market. I really thing Traxxas set the wheels in motion to bring life back into electric racing. So I wrote Traxxas R&D to ask them if they plan on coming out with a hopped up version of the Slash to include the VXL package of brushless ESC and motor. They did it with their Bandit VXL buggie and Rustler VXL and look how much more successful they were. Traxxas responded with a canned reply something to the effect "We do not release compeititive information such as this, keep an eye on our website for future developments". Personally, I think they should ride the wave of RTR popularity and announce a 2.4 radio upgrade and VXL package. I know that is what I am waiting/hoping for. But then again, maybe they figure if they announce a future VXL upgrade it will hurt existing Slash sales. Could be a marketing strategy now.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

theres no way they would tell you their plans. just the way it is...
Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haulin79
I don't see what is so unique about the Slash...can't you just put a huge truck body over a B44, RC10, etc?
Well, if that was the case I guess you can put one of those big 'ol Hoss Cartwright 10-gallon hats on your head and call yourself a cowboy then now couldn't you?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Good Beer
So I wrote Traxxas R&D to ask them if they plan on coming out with a hopped up version of the Slash to include the VXL package of brushless ESC and motor. They did it with their Bandit VXL buggie and Rustler VXL and look how much more successful they were. Traxxas responded with a canned reply something to the effect "We do not release compeititive information such as this, keep an eye on our website for future developments".
So you think they're going to tell YOU ?

Sorry, no offense, but last I checked it's most company's policy not to let out insider or products in development information to just anybody...

Last edited by rocket-mtrsprts; 07-08-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Any world class level drivers here? Would you be interested in driving in a spec race?...or would a $200 RTR be too slow for your talents?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Tech Legend

Not Traxxas bashing. I think I've been more than fair. The Slash is typical Traxxas - something fun that they can sell but not necessarily something I would want to race.

Its a perfectly legitimate question to ask much better racing would be if Americas most successfull RC brand actually sold vehicles that were capable of competing in the existing classes at your local race track, instead of trying to creat their own unique classes so that they can monopolize it.

We should be asking Traxxes when will they finally make a 1/8 buggy or truggy or 1/10 truck capable of competing with AE, Kyosho, Ofna, and Losi instead of demanding the other companies to make a vehicle to compete with the Slash.

Exactly !!!

Traxxas`s really has no care for the future of our racing , they only what to sell, sell, sell......

I know Ae is nothing like that .....
They work with in our R/c community, and support our racing...
Old 07-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think what Traxxas does to racing is wrong on so many levels - its almost like sabotage.

Instead of buying Losi or AE or Kyosho products potential new racers will invariably buy a Jato or Rustler or Bandit instead. They go to the track, they will need help, but, none of the experienced guys can help them because what they bought is basically a toy. They get frustrated, don't want to spend the extra $100 to get something they can actually race and never come back.

Race attendance suffers as a result to which Traxxes ups the ante with yet another toy that everyone goes nuts for because it looks like something they saw on TV.

Heres the proof positive:
Every race class that Traxxas makes a vehicle for is declining. (1/10 Gas Truck, 1/10 2wd Electric, and 1/10 Monster)

The classes that Traxxas does not make vehicles for are thriving - (1/8 scale and 4wd buggies).

On second thought, I hope Traxxas never does make a 4wd buggy or anything 1/8 scale!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:15 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by haulin79
Any world class level drivers here? Would you be interested in driving in a spec race?...or would a $200 RTR be too slow for your talents?
No, most likely it'd be the lesser-talented drivers that would kill any consideration on their part.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Suspended

I think what Traxxas does to racing is wrong on so many levels - its almost like sabotage.
Instead of buying Losi or AE or Kyosho products potential new racers will invariably buy a Jato or Rustler or Bandit instead. They go to the track, they will need help, but, none of the experienced guys can help them because what they bought is basically a toy. They get frustrated, don't want to spend the extra $100 to get something they can actually race and never come back.
Race attendance suffers as a result to which Traxxes ups the ante with yet another toy that everyone goes nuts for because it looks like something they saw on TV.
I hear what you'er saying, but if that was a reality-based fact then way more than the somewhere about 5% of people that buy RC vehicles would be racers instead of bashers.
But the statistics bear out that bashers severely out-number any of us racers, and is the primary reason so many of the vehicles produced by all the makers including AE and Losi are RTRs.
RTRs aren't made for racers, they're intended for the majority of RCers who are bashers.
I'm not backing Traxxas' marketing decisions, but it would be my guess that they're designing what sells and race-worthy vehicles it's not.
Race attendance always has and always will suffer because too many people that get involved in the hobby, even those with a vague interest in racing, aren't interested in shelling out the bucks for what it actually costs to go racing. Racing ain't cheap, never has been and never will and shouldn't be.

But if anything it's my gripe that RTRs have ruined more expectations or potential racers than anything. Many of these RTR buyers are fooled into the misconception that they're buying the next best thing to a full-spec'd racer, when they're not, and are the ones frustrated that they have to dish out the extra money to get themselves truely race-ready.

Heres the proof positive:
Every race class that Traxxas makes a vehicle for is declining. (1/10 Gas Truck, 1/10 2wd Electric, and 1/10 Monster)
The classes that Traxxas does not make vehicles for are thriving - (1/8 scale and 4wd buggies).
On second thought, I hope Traxxas never does make a 4wd buggy or anything 1/8 scale!
Class participation is another thing that always has and always will cycle, and it's my guess that literally every class of RCing has cycled up and down at least once over the last 10 or 15 years.
1/10th gas and electric trucks came before any of the 1/8 scale classes, and many of the electric guys were lured to the 1/10 gas trucks and that hurt the 1/10th electric classes. Those same guys were many of the first to migrate to 1/8 scale. But the first 1/8 were Monster Trucks, and many of them migrated to the 1/8 buggies when they came along, and many from both migrated on to 1/8 truggies when they came on the market - thereby thinning all these classes.

Oh and just a heads up in case you haven't been paying attention to the numbers, 1/8 nitro classes aren't thriving at all but are actually dying all over the country as many people start migrating back to electric.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.