Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Cool! Now, do I need another 7.4v battery to run them? I don't think I have two extra ports on my receiver to run them off!!

Bloody hell with these and my LiPo cutoff to put inside the car I am going to have to do some serious wire rationalisation!

By the way the results are up from Sunday. And Steve you beat me by 7/10th of a second in the finals. Where as for the most of the day you were beating me by at least one lap, when I had the lower ratio (I changed to a 84 spur just before the final). Sometimes high gearing is an advantage - especially when you can't steer.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Cool! Now, do I need another 7.4v battery to run them? I don't think I have two extra ports on my receiver to run them off!!

Bloody hell with these and my LiPo cutoff to put inside the car I am going to have to do some serious wire rationalisation!

By the way the results are up from Sunday. And Steve you beat me by 7/10th of a second in the finals. Where as for the most of the day you were beating me by at least one lap, when I had the lower ratio (I changed to a 84 spur just before the final). Sometimes high gearing is an advantage - especially when you can't steer.
Don't worry, I'll sort out some adapters
Old 04-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat

What you need Nick is one of those lil Tekin ESC's, takes up 1/3 of the room of the Venom
Old 04-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muzza_t
What you need Nick is one of those lil Tekin ESC's, takes up 1/3 of the room of the Venom
Old 04-28-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Actually in the BJ it's a Sphere Competition, but as I have mentioned before they're all Hobby Wings.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
I had fun with the BJ4 but the BK2 and I were dialled in I loved it
R u serious steve,I've truthfully seen novice drivers (less than 6mths) drive with more precision and respect How long u been driving rc cars ???Maybe cause the club is changing & open to new classes perhaps another new class could be created " STUNT" I recon you'll get a full heat most weeks as well.... DIALED you say perhaps you should look up the meaning of the word ,! Perhaps if you replaced the on/off switch back to the throttle stick ,I feel improvements can be made
Old 04-28-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

You've got a 3ch + batt reciever,
transponder, lipo cutoff and now fans
2 y leads should do the trick
Old 04-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Steve you will appreciate this, as we were whinging about being tied down the other day:

I dropped in on an old family friend on the way home tonight who still have their 35 year old son living with them because he never did very well at school and has never been able to go beyond basic manual and clerical jobs. Although he is a fairly reasonable cricket player, he was never quite good enough to earn a reasonable living from it, so he has basically drifted from job to job since finishing school and lives for the weekend to play cricket. While I was there he was slagging off some some guy in his club team over some petty thing that had happened during their last practice session.

It was then that I realised how miserable he must be having to live with his parents when most people his age have their own home, a good job and probably starting a family. No wonder he is such a bitter and twisted guy.

Funny thing is everytime I see him, he is wearing his old state team tracksuit as if he never wants to let go of past glories and admit he is, and I know this is a bit harsh but it's true, a bit of a loser. I actually felt pity for him when I left, even though he is an annoying wanker, as he never will be anything much and the only friends he has are the guys from his cricket club; according to his mum even they don't like him much because he is always slagging them off. I think he must cling to his cricket because it is something he is good at, as he is a bit of a failure in the rest of his life.

So it got me thinking, that we should be happy with what we've got: good jobs, own homes, happy marriages, great kids, great friends, varied interests and pretty happy in ourselves. So next time you complain about not having enough time for RC stuff think about all the other things you've got that other people may not.

Makes you glad that you did ok at school when you see people like that.

Last edited by nckmat; 04-28-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Jeese nick ,that's really harsh on him (your old mate )I mean ,no matter what he has done in his life he doesn't deserve that ,after all he is still a "MATE"
But apparently loylty isn't high on your moral priorities list then ,fair enough Perhaps you should just front the guy & tell him what you really think of him,(a kind of intervention)But i must warn you nick as an adviser here he might just take it the wrong way , & since he was a bit of an athlete things may get a little bit heated since he probly will tell a few home truths about you & what pisses him off about you.(never know he maynot think too highly of you either) & sometimes being forced to look in the mirror can "REALLY HURT" R u sure that you know him that well that u know all the stuff he was good and bad at in his life to be that judgemental of him
NO surely you must , i mean you wouldn't say something like that about someone(let alone a MATE) you wouldn't honestly speak SHIT nick
WOULD YOU????
No seriously nick you should think about this issue and maybe try to resolve your feelings toward him as he could just be misunderstood, I know that your harmless & don't really like trouble, everybody is different he probly hates having kids around at times but that doesn't mean he hates kids . see my point nick, this is just my opinion, hope it's helped ....
Funny enough MAT'E is in your name perhaps u should act like one from time to time get it !!!! see ya soon nick.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Adam, I enjoyed racing on sunday and compared to how I have been racing it was dialled
I know you're upset that you didn't get the presidents position, but don't worry it's not the end of the world,
Adam If you come to Ryde can you show a little respect for the competitors when they are racing and not laugh out loud when they make a mistake as it puts them off their driving and it just makes you look like an idiot,
I'm not going to get into any personal slagging off here on rctech so if you've got any personal comments you'd like to say to me, drop me a pm or come up and say hello at a race day sometime.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Ahhhhh mister carnage,just for setting this pathetic record straight,only reason being that your little clan members got in in the first place is the mis-use of the children (members) being told who to vote for (as if you'all werent pathetic enough)Not upset about the presidents position at all,& in my view sean is the best & smartest position voted upon(he at least has rc knowlage)As for showing ryde members respect, you get that which you give !!Funnly enough originally i wasn't laughing out aloud about you,but when you took your eyes off your "NEW BJ4" to watch me laughing & still keeped it pegged,ran across the track the wrong way narrowly missing 2 COMPETITORS cars before something white doing donuts in the middle of the track caught your eye ,NOW that shits funny(by the way i was "MARSHALING" !! how many classes was i running again ) And it made me look like an IDIOT you say
Isn't this apparently a freindly banter thread / maybe its just that i,m not in this thread members little group,that it's concidered not banter
To be blatently honoust i'm only posting here...................TO........................G ET..................................MY .........................................POST..... ....................................NUMBERS....... .......................UP......................... .....!!!!!!!!! It seem this is the place to do that,not that i would want to make my club or myself look stupid doinging so !!looking forward to seeing all my good friends down there again soon ......maybe run some truck on sat- night
Old 04-28-2009, 05:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi gentlemen, goodmorning to you all.

It's good to see some friendly talk going on.

I loved your story Nick, very entertaining.

Hey Adam, it's good to see you on the thread mate.
Good things are in store for the track's future now Adam, you and Seano will have the green light for any ideas you have about improving the track.

I remember all the good talks we used to have last year, before you left to go to on-road, about how we can improve the track and get more people turing up.

Should be good Adam.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yo Roman, driving 4wd is always fun yeah. Last sunday was the fastest I have even made the 17.5 go. Me running a tekin esc and team orion 17.5. Made 11lap at 5.26m. I think it was the updated tekin esc software that made it go faster. Tip to go faster with the 17.5- loosen the slipper!!....
Old 04-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHOST DRIVER
Ahhhhh mister carnage,just for setting this pathetic record straight,only reason being that your little clan members got in in the first place is the mis-use of the children (members) being told who to vote for (as if you'all werent pathetic enough)Not upset about the presidents position at all,& in my view sean is the best & smartest position voted upon(he at least has rc knowlage)As for showing ryde members respect, you get that which you give !!Funnly enough originally i wasn't laughing out aloud about you,but when you took your eyes off your "NEW BJ4" to watch me laughing & still keeped it pegged,ran across the track the wrong way narrowly missing 2 COMPETITORS cars before something white doing donuts in the middle of the track caught your eye ,NOW that shits funny(by the way i was "MARSHALING" !! how many classes was i running again ) And it made me look like an IDIOT you say
Isn't this apparently a freindly banter thread / maybe its just that i,m not in this thread members little group,that it's concidered not banter
To be blatently honoust i'm only posting here...................TO........................G ET..................................MY .........................................POST..... ....................................NUMBERS....... .......................UP......................... .....!!!!!!!!! It seem this is the place to do that,not that i would want to make my club or myself look stupid doinging so !!looking forward to seeing all my good friends down there again soon ......maybe run some truck on sat- night

Last edited by old_skoolie; 04-29-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spawn
Yo Roman, driving 4wd is always fun yeah. Last sunday was the fastest I have even made the 17.5 go. Me running a tekin esc and team orion 17.5. Made 11lap at 5.26m. I think it was the updated tekin esc software that made it go faster. Tip to go faster with the 17.5- loosen the slipper!!....
is this a honest tip or making other drivers slower!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.