Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hypm
is this a honest tip or making other drivers slower!!!
HONEST!!!! if you have rode a bike before with handclutch you will know that half clutch will accelerate much faster....
Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
First, it's club policy that if you're marshaling you wear the supplied flouro vest
second, If you laugh out loud whilst standing alone about nothing, then how come you're are such a miserable git.
third, you say my club, how many times have you been down this year and raced, Just looked and can't see your name anywhere on the points standing total, so that'll be none then?
FREINDLY BANTER IS ONE THING, PEOPLE BASHING IS ANOTHER STORY, GO TAKE YOUR INSECURITIES AND SORT YOURSELF OUT MISTER BIG SHOT
O-OH think something cut a little close to the truth
And your 100% right I'm sorry that i haven't been down much this yr but 5mths ago at end of year party/presentation (oh thats right you've only been a member of the club 4months) I explained why !!! And yes I refuer to it as my club cause its like home to me but since I've been away RATS & PARASITES moved in.! Looks like we need to clean up
Old 04-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHOST DRIVER
O-OH think something cut a little close to the truth
And your 100% right I'm sorry that i haven't been down much this yr but 5mths ago at end of year party/presentation (oh thats right you've only been a member of the club 4months) I explained why !!! And yes I refuer to it as my club cause its like home to me but since I've been away RATS & PARASITES moved in.! Looks like we need to clean up

Last edited by old_skoolie; 04-29-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spawn
HONEST!!!! if you have rode a bike before with handclutch you will know that half clutch will accelerate much faster....
Wel sort of, a combustion engine has its power further up the rev range so you slip the clutch to keep the rev's up.

Electric motor has all it's torque at the bottom end so slipping will not help this... but it will help with breaking wheels loose less and letting the motor be a little more efficient with less tiny current surges caused by no grip then grip.... which probably more depends on your driving style. If you hammer the throttle slip will be of more benefit than if you are a light finger
Old 04-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nckmat
Actually in the BJ it's a Sphere Competition, but as I have mentioned before they're all Hobby Wings.
You know Hobbywing is the way of the future 11 laps can't be bad
Old 04-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
When did you pay your membership fees and Why would you hand over YOUR hard earned cash to be a member of a club you're not going to go to
Steve it's just a renual for me $30 each year & the reason it's now called sydney radio contol & not ryde radio control anymore is there is an on road section & that's one reason but mostly cause it's only a pair of rear buggy tyres to keep my membership each year .Who said that i wasn't going racing at ryde this year ????
Old 04-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RacerEd
You know Hobbywing is the way of the future 11 laps can't be bad
For the money, they're damn good, with built in traction control
Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GHOST DRIVER
Steve it's just a renual for me $30 each year & the reason it's now called sydney radio contol & not ryde radio control anymore is there is an on road section & that's one reason but mostly cause it's only a pair of rear buggy tyres to keep my membership each year .Who said that i wasn't going racing at ryde this year ????
You are on fire!!!!!!!!You go girlfriend
Old 04-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RacerEd
Wel sort of, a combustion engine has its power further up the rev range so you slip the clutch to keep the rev's up.

Electric motor has all it's torque at the bottom end so slipping will not help this... but it will help with breaking wheels loose less and letting the motor be a little more efficient with less tiny current surges caused by no grip then grip.... which probably more depends on your driving style. If you hammer the throttle slip will be of more benefit than if you are a light finger
Sounds like it could be useful for me
Old 04-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Rookie

where about you guys play in ryde? can you past the address and some picture of the track? usually I play at Heffron park. Would like to try new track sometimes...:P
Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Why have you gone & edited all your posts steve , it was GOLD material .Lucky for me it is all quoted with my replies !Please don't think I'm just targeting you ,just that your in my crosshairs at the moment , just like in a fight the one with the BIG MOUTH cops it first !!!!

Roman ; congrates on your new apointment .Firstly yes i showed trust in you last year spoke with you about my thoughts on what would make this club a better enviroment for all (IMO) .Finish the track properly as I had invisioned it when I designed it ,new drivers stand,ect..ect....,Seano & I always pretty much had the"GREEN LIGHT" to do that which we wanted ,from memory it wasn't jen or ian that stoped us doing what we wanted,it was the drivers who couldn't jump the TT without nose diving/motor guard bash'n/breaking their car & nothing has changed mate.(I truly wish it had )please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Rom ; Give me a call you have my number would enjoy talking with you...
Old 04-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grumli
where about you guys play in ryde? can you past the address and some picture of the track? usually I play at Heffron park. Would like to try new track sometimes...:P
The track is at Blenheim park, North Ryde, It's opposite Delhi rd, we are running this Saturday from 3pm, and the following Sunday at 9.30 am,
Come and say hello
Steve
Old 04-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

[QUOTE=GHOST DRIVER;5747017
Roman ; congrates on your new apointment .Firstly yes i showed trust in you last year spoke with you about my thoughts on what would make this club a better enviroment for all (IMO) .Finish the track properly as I had invisioned it when I designed it ,new drivers stand,ect..ect....,Seano & I always pretty much had the"GREEN LIGHT" to do that which we wanted ,from memory it wasn't jen or ian that stoped us doing what we wanted,it was the drivers who couldn't jump the TT without nose diving/motor guard bash'n/breaking their car & nothing has changed mate.(I truly wish it had )please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Rom ; Give me a call you have my number would enjoy talking with you...[/QUOTE]

ian came around and spoke to most drivers about the jump and it was pretty clear no one wanted a jump that breaks cars, only the mod and fast stock cars were making it.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blue hornet.
ian came around and spoke to most drivers about the jump and it was pretty clear no one wanted a jump that breaks cars, only the mod and fast stock cars were making it.
Arhh Dave ,jumps don't break cars ,however stupidity does !! If you can't make it over a jumpable gap ,would you /A ,keep charging at it
/B ,roll over it &try to be fast doing it.....
You build a track , then each person in each class does what they can to get around as fast as THEY can, thats why there is motor classes dave !!!!
Perhaps some of the so-called better drivers from the club (YOU know who you guys R) should step up & try the faster classes & see just how easy / BORING the layout is for some .....JUST REMEMBER that those that find it lifeless & boring now r also the ones that did ALL the track maintaiance last year for ya'll to turn up set-up play on & piss off last year ...

WHATS IN IT FOR THEM ..........

Perhaps if members concentrated a little more on DRIVING/SET-UP & a little less on their apperance (not that they don't look PRO with their newly bought leasure-wear) maybe the club wouldn't have to cater so much to the novice levels, we could move forward for the first time in 26 yrs
Old 04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

im all up for more and bigger jumps.....hell,if i can clear the table top with a slash,and land it 90 percent of the time,surely the guys in the faster classes can learn how to jump there trucks and buggys...it is offroad after all,not onroad with a rough surface

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.