Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just tell Bernie to race early in the day and use natural light to save money
Old 05-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I called Scott today at 7:15PM. He said "On road racing will be on saturday. Practice starts at 10:00AM racing at 4:00PM." He figures it won't get dark until 8:30PM - 8:45PM, each round is 1 hour the mains will start at 7:00PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

I had a nice long post ready to go when a storm knocked out the power . oh well.
I would like the Sunday thing myself. Alternating on & off-road heats could be pretty cool. Plus, I could car pool with some of my off-road buddies.
Saturday probably works better for Leisure though. Perhaps I could adjust my store hours... maybe open earlier and close early on Saturdays...
On the subject of lights, I have enough lights to turn the place into DAYLIGHT! I would donate them if they are wanted.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
it
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PhatPat
I called Scott today at 7:15PM. He said "On road racing will be on saturday. Practice starts at 10:00AM racing at 4:00PM." He figures it won't get dark until 8:30PM - 8:45PM, each round is 1 hour the mains will start at 7:00PM.

That sounds good regarding time. @ least less Sunburn. Hopefully, they have great lights in case it gets darker.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Duneland: You've got a PM regarding the lights.

I hope they do Sunday on-road and off-road. I was really excited about running both classes on the same day. I know of no other track in the country that does that. It would be really cool.

Also, if the weather is questionable (possible rain), I'd still come out because the off-road can be moved indoors.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walt
Duneland: You've got a PM regarding the lights.

I hope they do Sunday on-road and off-road. I was really excited about running both classes on the same day. I know of no other track in the country that does that. It would be really cool.

Also, if the weather is questionable (possible rain), I'd still come out because the off-road can be moved indoors.
Hey, you can't win all the time, at least, LHR is about 15 minutes from you home.......take me at least 1 hour to go there.
Duneland..........when are you going to test out the 1/8th.....? I need some help to setup enigne and clutch on mine...let me know.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Planning a trip to Toledo for a club race this Sunday. Will probably make it to Leisure the next weekend if open.
Never did hear if it would be ok to practice on Sundays during off-road racing? That would be pretty cool as long as the on-road guys run 2.4ghz and the track is still good from sat.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default on-road

I talked with Scott today he said on road will be on saturday,practice on wednesdays.He doesn't want on road and off road the same day
Old 05-18-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

I also confirmed that this is his current thinking, but remember, schedules like this are never etched in stone.

He changed because he heard complaints about running them on the same day. But, as a former track owner, I can tell you that there is a pitfall here that's difficult to stay out of: only the unhappy people make any noise, and this makes it seem like 'everyone' is unhappy.

I think that once they start up this way (separate days) other people will complain and he might move it back.

I have heard that some on-road guys don't want to run when the off-road guys are running because they are afraid of dust from the off-road track settling onto the on-road track. Personally, I don't see this as a problem.

I have not heard any good reason why the off-road guys would mind the on-road guys running (as long as they don't make the off-road track mud to try to keep dust down for the on-road guys).

So, I would think that their overall 'rule' of 'three cars make a class' would apply... if three on-road guys show up on Sunday, and want to race, and won't complain about 'dust' from the off-road track, then why not let them run? They can still have Saturday be their 'on-road only' day, for those on-road guys that refuse to run when an off-road race is going on next door.

If a bunch of on-road guys are there on a Sunday, with money in their hands, and want to race, I can't see them saying 'sorry... we don't want your money', unless it somehow affected their 'bread and butter' off-road, but again, I have yet to hear any reason why on-road would mess up off-road.

We'll see what happens.

I did stop by there yesterday to help lay out the on-road track a little with Bernie. It's going to be very nice. The surface looks incredible! I can't wait to get my car out there.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Walt,

Can we get a sneak peek at the layout? Is it posted on LH's site? I'm hoping to get up there in two weeks for some practice. The Wed. practice will be nice too, now I just have to leave work early without the boss noticing!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dune,

Are you going to Mentor? Wish I could, new house is taking up all my time right now. I'm hoping to make the Pro Series race at Toledo. Running a Mugen this year for both classes. You still running a snake?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Walt,

Can we get a sneak peek at the layout? Is it posted on LH's site? I'm hoping to get up there in two weeks for some practice. The Wed. practice will be nice too, now I just have to leave work early without the boss noticing!
I have a PDF of the track layout but I don't know how to post it.

Plus, we've already started to modify it a little here and there once we saw it in full scale, but the general shape will remain the same.

Give me an e-mail address and I'll e-mail it to you.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Dune,

Are you going to Mentor? Wish I could, new house is taking up all my time right now. I'm hoping to make the Pro Series race at Toledo. Running a Mugen this year for both classes. You still running a snake?
Socko........for your information, SNAKE RULES.

P.S...see you around @ LHR and MWS and Byron Race and Pro Series

Walter...shot me a email of that PDF and if Bernie is OK, I can post it here...
Old 05-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Dune,

Yes to both! Not shure how long I will stick with the snake. I do like it, but steering is sometimes hard to come by. The Motonica is calling my name .
Can't you come out wednesdays while still on the clock? R&D, testing, etc. .
Old 05-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by duneland
Yes to both! Not shure how long I will stick with the snake. I do like it, but steering is sometimes hard to come by. The Motonica is calling my name .
Can't you come out wednesdays while still on the clock? R&D, testing, etc. .
Motonica...? Wow...do you have to get a 2nd mortgage for that rolling chassis alone..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.