Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway >

2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Thanks....and I think that need to be added onto the IRP forum and their front page.....or may be that is posted and I just can't seem to find it.
This info is not on the IRP forum because it is not an IRP race, This race is a AJ's Raceway event, We are just trying to help the best we can for a smooth transition.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tufferwilde
Last (hopefully) question.... what is the situation of pits and power? Are tables, chairs, tents, or generator needed?

for pits there is room for around 20-30 guys inside right now (track area under construction), there are tables outside but are limited, there is power outside (you will need an extension cord), and power inside, you could bring a tent, table and your own chairs as that is what most people do. generator not needed.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shane Reinink
for pits there is room for around 20-30 guys inside right now (track area under construction), there are tables outside but are limited, there is power outside (you will need an extension cord), and power inside, you could bring a tent, table and your own chairs as that is what most people do. generator not needed.

so with the construction the pitspace is limited to only 30...so is it suggested we also bring lighting if we have to pit outside? the canopy is no problem...just wondering about the darkness and power hookups.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
so with the construction the pitspace is limited to only 30...so is it suggested we also bring lighting if we have to pit outside? the canopy is no problem...just wondering about the darkness and power hookups.
Good question..........last time when I was at AJ, I only pit outside with my own table and stuff, but that was a DAY TIME racing....what about this SAT..? Is there any SITE lighting behind the driver stands...?
If not...I will have to bring some lights...some very HOT construction site lights, which is NOT so good about the heat.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

there might be room for more than 30, but im not sure, there are a couple lights that shine down the outside pit tables but that is it, most guys just use the same lights they use inside as the track lights from the back stretch do add to the light in the pits.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

yes...i'm going to ask...

is this race euro-style rain or shine?

or even tinley style rain race LOL probably the funnest race to date!! the day rutt beat down jucha!

Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

or even tinley style rain race LOL probably the funnest race to date!! the day rutt beat down jucha!

At least we all learn 1 thing from Rutt............CS-27 rubber tires on wet track, no need to guess or test, Rutt had already proved that us foam guys are all wrong....including Jucha.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
At least we all learn 1 thing from Rutt............CS-27 rubber tires on wet track, no need to guess or test, Rutt had already proved that us foam guys are all wrong....including Jucha.

Next time I will have my pit 25 s patterns......you will know me by the screeech of my tires
Old 08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Its on your head if it rains now....and if you dont show up we will really find and hunt you down......

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...ekday=Saturday

There is a 40% chance of rain......
Old 08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I will have to glue up my new advans, they work good in the rain.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man, I may go have to find some rims for my Advans. I hope the weather does turn out decent. I raced in the rain once and it sucked. Of course it was a parking lot race and I had a Beenie Baby stapped to the top of my stadium truck...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

While up working at the track tonight i cleared enough places that 50+ racers could pit inside if needed.

Now if it rains Nexus will have to be shot on sight.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shane Reinink
Now if it rains Nexus will have to be shot on sight.
Aim for the Head or the Knees....he wears a vest....
Old 08-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Aim for the Head or the Knees....he wears a vest....
plus i have my new department issued wonder woman bracelets!

do not mess with me or i will update the database to the site i built with the pics i take at the track.

http://www.chicagopolice.org/ps/list.aspx

--------------------------------------------------------------------

when you painting me a crazy cpd stratus 3.0 khem kev.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Guys please dont be discouradged to show up at ajs today. Even if it does rain , if there is a break in the rain we do have squeeges and a blower to clear off the track for racing. Last time it rained before a race day, we got it cleaned off in around an hour or 2,, and the grip on the track was super high that night. Hope to see you guys there. I am getting my tools and car together, to do a little work on the indoor track and then we will be racing tonight under the lights for some trophys. And dont forget we are doing a raffle and we have some good prizes.

See everyone today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.