Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL. >

Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Next race March 6th

Our next race will be Friday March 6th. The scouts will be setting up in the commons so we will all pit in the gym area and will run OVAL. Looks like a big turnout so bring things for the kiddos to work on or tablets between heats as we will not be able to use the commons area. Make sure to get your practice in for the "perfect line." Hope to see everyone there...doors open at 6pm, racing at 7pm we will most likely have qualifiers so be ready to go!!
Coach K
Old 03-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coach K
Alright, got the Spring schedule...here we go:
All are Friday nights
Some nights we need to share the commons...so we will run Oval in the gym, with the pits in the gym...

Jan 30th - Practice - Free night - Test and Tune
Feb. 20th - Road course - Race #1
March 6th - OVAL night - Race #2
March 20th - Road course - Race #3
March 27th - Road course - Race #4
April 3rd - OVAL night - Race #5
April 17th - Road Course - Race #6
April 24th - Road Course - Race #7
May 1st - OVAL night - Race #8
May 15th - Road course - Race #9
May 22nd - Road Course - Race #10 Pizza night - Trophy night

Due to the higher number of nights, we will drop 3 lowest scores....so if you miss 3 nights you can still win the season!!
10 races, drop 3 lowest scores.
10 bucks to race, 2 qualifiers, 5 mains!!!
3 minute races, TONS OF FUN!!
Hope to see everyone there!
Coach K
🏁
Old 03-06-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Race day
Old 03-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Race results 3/6

Keep turning left....
Setup an oval for Friday night because Scouts were using the commons for pinewood derby. Had a bunch of tables setup in the gym, AND for some reason we had a longer straight or more rounded corners or something....the lap times were slower than the first practice night....I seem to remember 35 laps then...the best we could do was only 19?

A-main had 7 drivers, with 210 points up for grabs!! Racing was fast and Tony had the oval setup from out of the gate! Almost had a perfect night minus race 4. Fast time was 19 laps in 3 minutes 1.08....so missing 20 laps by a second. Fast laps were a bit off, but in general if you ran in the mid 8 to middle 9's you were golden. REMEMBER, if you jump the track and continue under the reader under 8 seconds, it WILL NOT count your lap, so if you jump, correct and make sure you don't trip the reader too early...if you don't hear a BEEP when you go under it is one of 2 things...you jumped a section of track, OR your infrared reader is blocked by a film on the clear window or blocked by wires in front of it!! Last race was the fastest with 3 drivers on 19 laps...it was difficult keeping a line with so many cars on track, you had to play "frogger" trying to get around or take a different line. Paul was fast and secured the other first place finish in race 4...Brent and Kyle tied for second on the night, both running solid races all night, ending only 4 point behind Tony. My brushless car had suspension issues and after 3 races switched back to the brushed car, but didn't have the traction others had...so may be a drop score for me...Lincoln and Jason were battling whip around - Lincoln would benefit from a 21.5 motor and Jason dropped his car from 9mm to about 5....meaning a lower center and less roll...he said he was driving about 1/2 to 3/4 most of the time to prevent traction roll....perhaps stiffer springs as well would help.

Wolverine cup had 6 drivers with carnage left and right...I don't recall any total car break down or low battery, etc. from what I remember....lots of tapping and bumping as drivers were shooting for first place. Firsts were taken by Anthony, Colette and Fynn....although Matt was most consistent with 4 second places...Jacob went from 6 laps to 11 laps!! Tj had some tire and body issues...perhaps get a set of sweeps would work better than the stock HPI tires. Fynn ran his best with a low Nicad battery and was smoother (have to get a radio with EXPO for him), Fast time was up in the air because many kids were jumping the track....perhaps triple track next time to keep those buggers going the right way.Fast average laps were in the high 12's to low 13's. Colette was the most consistent and got 2 firsts to win the night with 34 points. Anthony had reader problems in the first few races, but got sorted by the 4th race...again, make sure the wires are not blocking the reader!!

Season points are STILL up for grabs...we DROP the 3 lowest scores, so even if you missed the first 2 nights, you have a shot at the top!!

Next race is Friday March 20th - Road course

I am also going to try and get a couple new 21.5 motors to have in stock
Thanks for coming out and having so much fun!!
Coach K
Old 03-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default no racing tomorrow

Hey guys...fighting the stomach flu or something horrible....
Therefore there will be NO Racing Friday March 20th (Tomorrow)

Next race is next week!!
Next race will be Friday March 27th, hope to be better by then...

Sorry for the late notice, was fighting this all week
Coach K
Old 03-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hey Coach,

You feeling better? Is racing on for tomorrow?

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Racing tonight confirmed. Doors open 6:00 PM
Old 03-31-2015, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Race results 3/27/2015

Had a difficult road course setup last Friday....This Friday we will run OVAL, so gear down and get ready!!

We ran 2 qualifiers as we had 10 adults running in the westgate cup series and 5 beginners in the wolverine cup series
Pete came out on top with 14 laps!! TQ in the tc-3, still burning laps up!

A-main had 175 points up for grabs and Pete and I traded first places all night...Guy was solid, but lost his "secret tires" and was searching for traction. Kyle also ran solid and is still leading the season with total points...Scribbles kept hitting stuff anf destroyed ont one, but 2 servo arms in 2 races, retiring him for the night.
Fast time for racing for the night = Coach K 13 laps in 3:05
Fast lap Pete 13.104

B-main had 125 points up for grabs, and Rich returned for some westgate action. He was very fast but also working on traction, along with Tony who's car was all messed up from running oval..not sure he got all the setting back....Rich ran an almost perfect night (Tony spoiled that...lol...) to finish 3 place for the night in points. Tony ran a close second in most races with Paul right behind him. Jason was working on steering trim, he had the expo the wrong way....hopefully MUCH easier to run now...and Lincoln had to leave early, so his points don't reflect driving ability!
Fast time for the night = Rich 12 laps in 3:05
Fast lap Rich 13.853

Wolverine cup had Danny trying out the TT-02 from the summer enduro race, Jacob, Landon, Fynn, and Anthony. They also had 125 points up for grabs....it was the Anthony show all night with others trying to keep up...Fynn got second with some good driving (and a new radio with EXPO), Landon had to leave early, Jacob secured several 3rd place finishes and boosted his season points while tying his brother for 22 points on the night!

Good clean racing guys, look forward to this Friday for some OVAL action. Doors open at 6, racing at 7pm!
Coach K
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
3.27.2015weekly.pdf (13.0 KB, 53 views)
3.27.2015overall.pdf (6.6 KB, 48 views)
Old 04-02-2015, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

This Friday 4/3 oval racing��
Old 04-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Race results 4/3/2015

Great racing Friday night....it was all left turns again as we ran oval for the second time this season.
Qualify went well, ended up running 2 times for seeding for mains.

A main was fast...had some issues with tire grip early on, but it turns out going slower was sometimes "faster" taking the inside turns and rounding out the corners.
225 points up for grabs with 6 racers made for an interesting battle! Mark was dialed in from the get go and had all first places except one 6th place that hurt him, but easily won the night. Fast times early on were in the low 4's and ended up in the high 3's as the groove built up. I Managed one first, but tried to keep clean and was able to secure several seconds to finish second place on the night. Paul finished 4th on the night (Tony had more points in the B-main) and had TOO much traction early on, then settled in...right behind Paul was Kyle...only losing by one point on the night, he was running good but having occasional whip arounds. Pete TQ'ed but was also fighting whip arounds, he finished one point behind Kyle with Scribbles starting out real strong, then blowing ANOTHER spur/pinion setup. Scribbles rounded out the field after sitting out the last 2 races.
Fast time = Mark 45 laps in 3:03.941
Fast lap = Mark 3.744, Pete 3.775

B-main had a lost of fast talent and 165 points up for grabs. Tony qualified rough, switching tires and trying different setups...THEN he found his groove...running a perfect night with 5 1st place finishes! He got so many points he beat out most of the A-main drivers for the night! Next up was Ziggy who made a return to driving after a short break and ran real clean. Mike was next with a few nice close second place finishes and was also fighting some tires issues and speed issues (I will get a few more motors). Lincoln was right behind Mike running good consistent laps followed by Jason and finally Rich (who left early after major breakage and shock issues - so his score does not reflect his speed and driving!). Jason is also leaving for work for a few months and will hopefully make a race or two before next fall if possible (when he is in town) and we need to work on his super fast steering issue (already did expo.)
Fast time = Tony 44 laps in 3:02.147
Fast lap = Tony 3.744

The wolverine cup was stacked and full....lots of cars and lots of banging!
210 points were up for grabs for the night and it was the HPI piloted by Matt out in front with Anthony close on his tail (even broke out a race or two.) Right on Anthonys tail was Colette followed by Fynn, TJ, Jacob and Landon. Fynn ran good, but ran even better after I bumped up his expo...TJ had tire issues and Jacob was most improved on the night with clean 15 laps in the end. Landon ran in the beginning but retired early.
Fast time = Matt 33 laps in 3:00.727
Fast lap = Anthony 4.680

Good time, great racing.
Next race will be road course in 2 weeks
Next race is on Friday 4/17/2015
Be there or be square!!
Attached Files
4.3.2015weekly.pdf (16.3 KB, 46 views)
4.3.2015overall.pdf (6.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 04-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Race Results 4/17/2015

Hey all, good racing last Friday! We ran Road course and had an a-main and the wolverine cup.

A-main was light on traction at the beginning and built as racing went onwards...165 points up for grabs on Friday and It was the Rich and Scribbles show.
Rich had a good run, and even sat out a race while working on Lincolns car (Thank you!!). That resulted in a 5th place for him one race. As I said Lincoln was swapping motors and gears (spur and pinion) and had some difficulties setting up...hence his lower score. Scribbles was running 1,2, and 3rds all night for a solid 34 point tie with Rich. I came in second after putting on a new set of tires...couldn't find traction so I switched back to the old tires and they did much better with a 1,2,2 finish for the final 3 races! Paul was fighting traction issues and so was Tony, BUT he also swapped cars, giving the stable older Yokomo to his son while he drove the new car (needs to work out the bugs.)
Interesting thing about Brent and I, we both ran identical fast laps in 2 separate races!!
Fast lap = Rich 9.423
Fast time = Rich 18 laps in 3 min 8.293 seconds

B-main was the sibling battle....with Matt and Colette fighing all the way to the end to tie the night for first.Anthony picked up 3rd after fighting switching cars several times...which made adjusting to the new car difficult. TJ came in 3rd with a solid 27 points and was sporting a new radio to trim out some steering and EXPO, making driving MUCH easier...he also picked up some Jaco tires! Fynn had a solid run and finished 4th with Landon rounding out the field in 5th, but he only ran a few races.
Fast lap = Too difficult to tell reliable times with some track jumping...lol...
Fast time = Anthony 15 laps in 3min 5.594 seconds

Season points shuffled a little. I included the top 3 scores earned so far this season in black with drop scores in RED. Top 4 drivers are only 7 points apart!! We also have 4 more races to complete, this is anyone's season! Kept scores are in Black, dropped ones in RED.
Wolverine cup had Matt on top by only 4 points over Colette with Anthony 3 points behind her...so this will also be a nailbiter to the final race!!

Next race will be Friday April 24th, 6pm
This will be road course!

Coach K
Attached Files
4.17.2015weekly.pdf (19.7 KB, 48 views)
4.17.2015overall.pdf (7.3 KB, 57 views)
Old 04-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Next race 4/24/2015

Next Race this Friday 4/24/2015 ROAD COURSE!!
Doors open at 6pm
Coach K
Old 04-27-2015, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

No racing 5/1/2015‏. Next race will be May 15th and will be oval.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Race results 4/24/2015

First off, good night racing all!
Had a few bumps and crashes, smoked motors, and carnage...but in the end we had a pretty smooth layout, fun time and improved a lot from the start of the night.

A main had 125 points up for grabs and it was the scribbles show minus a bump that caused his body to fold in...making him have a 5th place....all other runs were spot on.
Kyle was doing good sporting some 24R new tires with the hard inserts...had to scrub off some outer layer to get to the meat but I think they were just coming in at the end of the night and finished strong with a first place finish.
Paul,Tony and I hashed out the remaining points and finished close to each other. I was also running 24r's but with soft inserts....the harder ones seemed to work better, but my times were also
getting better as the night wore on.
Fast time = A TIE!!! Both Brent and I ran a 16 lapper in 3:06.078 in the same race!!
Fast lap = Kyle 9.640 (final race)

Wolverine cup had 210 points up for grabs...Matt dominated the night with solid runs and 4 first place finishes. Colette and Anthony were only a few points behind,
followed by Fynn and TJ, TJ smoked a motor in race 3...then we soldered up a black can motor and he was ripping again!
Jacob was having radio issues with binding or something...seemed like when he was bumped, the radio lost contact and it would kill the speedo? Sarkon also ran a run, but left with broken rear end A-arm (ordering aluminum ones!!)
Fast time = Anthony 12 laps in 3:08.574
Fast lap = Anthony 13.135

We are NOT racing on Friday May 1st
Therefore because we are running 8 races, we drop 2 lowest scores.
I updated the points for the season so far, dropped the 2 lowest scores and WOW....we have one tight season, it will come down to the wire...
In the Westgate cup series 1st place to 4th is only a 3 point difference!!
ALSO, Brent and Kyle are TIED for the points, I am one behind, with Tony 2 points behind me

The wolverine cup will come down to Matt, Colette, and Anthony for the final...can they catch up to Matt?
2 races left, next one will be OVAL
Final race night will be pizza night, road course, and trophy night!!

Next race is May 15th OVAL doors open at 6, should be a good turnout so get there early and build up the oval groove!!
Coach K
Attached Files
4.24.2015weekly.pdf (23.0 KB, 42 views)
4.24.2015overall.pdf (7.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Race results 5/15/2015

Holy smokes, time to ring the bell, our LAST RACE wil be on Friday May 22nd and it should be a good one!

First, the results of the oval night...

A-main was fast, with Rich dominating until Scribbles pulled a rabbit out of his hat to win the last 2 races. Tony just had his car setup wrong or something because he is the master of the oval, but had a REAL hard time getting his car tuned in...AND he smoked his spur gear leaving him to use his backup car (Anthony's). Paul was solid and fast, but a few bumps and flips kept him out of first as did I ...I ran o.k., and switched tires from the 24r's (rubber) to the OG spec sweeps the last race....wrong move. Remember during the winter months the track was cooler and no humidity. Friday had a TON of humidity and it was tearing up the 24's...should have ran the OG all night (like Brent).
Fast lap = 3.681 by Rich D
Fast Time = 43 laps in 3 min, 3.208 seconds by Rich D
2nd best = 43 laps in 3 min, 3.769 seconds by Scribbles

Wolverine cup I decided to break up the cars into 2 heats as we have more experienced drivers and beginners....

A-main Wolverine had Anthony fighting a lost shaft in the first race...but coming back strong with all first places the rest of the night. Colette was solid folloed by Matt who had major speed but was having trouble staying off the rails...kids were turning some REALLY nice times though.Starting the night with 25 laps and finishing the night with 36 LAPS!! Way to go!!
Fast lap = 4.181 Anthony
Best time = 36 laps in 3 min, 1.819 seconds by Anthony

B-main had a new driver Demetri in the mix along with Fynn and TJ. TJ was running a new motor and doing really well, he Won all the races except one, which Fynn took...Fynn was pretty consistent around 29-30 laps while Demetri was most improved from 25 laps up to 29 laps in a few races!! Nice driving guys!
Fast lap = 5.055 by both Fynn and TJ = Tie
Fast time = 31 laps by TJ in 3 min, .321 seconds

This Friday is the end of the season...it is also Pizza night!! So come on out, everyone who races will get free pizza and hopefully have trophies(still working on them).
Season points are super close so the top 4 drivers will automatic bump to the A-main, all the rest will qualify if we run 2 mains.
Wolverine cup will most likely run 2 mains to keep the kids in more competitive races and less crashes.
Hope to see everyone there!!
Coach K
Doors open at 6 racing at 7
Attached Files
5.15.2015weekly.pdf (25.1 KB, 55 views)
5.15.2015overall.pdf (7.8 KB, 42 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.