Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Wausau's newest 1/10th scale outdoor off-road track! >

Wausau's newest 1/10th scale outdoor off-road track!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wausau's newest 1/10th scale outdoor off-road track!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrad
Can some one post on the track conditions early on Sunday? I don't want to start to drive up there if the track is under water.
I will absolutley give an update tomorrow! Weather looks good!
Check back later and I'll have a better report on the current track conditions.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

We have no standing water on the track and we'll be at the track early enough to pump any water that we might get tonight. With the weather forcast there is no reason we won't race tomorrow. I'll be bringing my grill and some more of my famous grease burgers if anybody wants to bring anything else that's fine.

The days are getting shorter so we want to be racing no later than 4pm. It gets cool when the dew comes in so bring a sweatshirt and don't forget your BUG DOPE!!!

Took all summer but we should have nice weather again!!

I'll post again before I go to the track tomorrow.

Last edited by racer1812; 08-14-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you stop at the hardware store (Fleet Farm) and get a couple cans of "Yard Guard", you can fog those raspberry patches and it might kill most of the skeeters. We're supposed to have 20 mph winds tomorrow, too, so that'll help with the skeets. Lookin' forward to those 'grease burgers'...raw onions again, too? Sweeeeeet.

Sweet Roll
Old 08-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

We are 100% racing tomorrow but I'll post again if anything changes. Had the wife pick up my grease burgers and the onions are cut! Oh and I'll get some cheese too, just for you Blaine and Ken..lol

Let's play boys! Again $8 bucks gets you as many classes as you want with AMB scoring and free transponder rental!!

I'll check on "yard guard" but don't forget your BUG DOPE!!!! They're really not so bad as to scare anybody away...

Stock SCT~ 17.5,27t, or RTR motor, any SCT tire (no 1/8 stuff)
Mod SCT if we have enough
Mod buggy
Mod truck
Mod 4wd buggy
Mod 4x4 SCT if we have enough

Stock SCT and mod buggy are our biggest classes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can someone send me a pm with the gps coordinates or address.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what time you guys starting?
Old 08-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WATTSON
what time you guys starting?
we'll be there by......couple guys are there now, racing is planned to start by 4pm..

see ya there, I'm on my way.......
Old 08-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sunday

Had a great time!! Great day for racing, great racing in all classes!! Whens the next race?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by super lates
Had a great time!! Great day for racing, great racing in all classes!! Whens the next race?
As of now we are looking at racing on Sept. 5th and yes I know this is Labor Day weekend. We plan to make some changes to the track layout this sunday so practice will be pushed back a little. We should have the changes made early enough to still get some run time in so feel free to come and give a hand with a shovel or just to put some laps on the new layout. I'll post if anything changes.

On another note we need to maintain an alcohol free environment, I know this is odd coming from me but with the size of the group we're getting that's the way it's gonna be. Hasn't been an issue but we don't want it to be either. Thank you...

Last edited by racer1812; 08-20-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default ?

Can we run old rc10 buggy graphite flat chassies in the bomber class? Or in the new buggy late model class if we have the class? The late model like Bob has. Just asking.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 PM
TJB

Can we run old rc10 buggy graphite flat chassies in the bomber class? Or in the new buggy late model class if we have the class? The late model like Bob has. Just asking.

I'm not sure on the bomber class, I don't see an issue there. But I will check with Bob on the LM class. I am going to be running a B4 as well hopefully the Labor day weekend race...

The rules are still being "tweaked" and we have not officially posted them as of yet but here is a few to help answer your questions a bit.

-2WD only cars, and you can not take a 4WD car and take out the front drive shafts.

-Motor: 19T Locked end bell brushed motor or Brushless 13.5 to roar spec.

-Must be a 2WD off road buggy chassis. (Examples: Associated, Team Losi, Duratrax, Traxxas, HPI ect) No chassis modifications, chassis must be original design by the manufacture of that kit. No aftermarket upgrade chassis allowed such as Putnam, JRC, Custom Works, Hugger or similar, X Factory, Factory Works, Dyno Tech, Hurricane, basically no performance enhancing or purpose built kits/conversion allowed. Battery and motor must be in stock location from original manufacture. Modifications to mount body mounts/post or front bumper is allowed.

-Must run a slipper clutch assembly, no slipper eliminators allowed, 1 speed only, 48 pitch spur and pinion gears only, must run a original style gear cover.

-Max width without body is 10″, that is outside of tires to outside of tires must clear 10″ no exceptions.. There will be a box in the tech area that the car must pass through.

-Weight limit: 60oz or 3lbs 12oz
You must run a DODC approved Late Model body and all specs for spoiler will be DODC specs unless other wise side noted or clarified.

Bottom line, if you car meets DODC rules you are / should be good..
Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

my short answer would be YES.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Again we'll be doing some layout changes on the track today.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 PM
TJB

Exclamation

Originally Posted by racer1812
As of now we are looking at racing on Sept. 5th and yes I know this is Labor Day weekend. We plan to make some changes to the track layout this sunday so practice will be pushed back a little. We should have the changes made early enough to still get some run time in so feel free to come and give a hand with a shovel or just to put some laps on the new layout. I'll post if anything changes.

On another note we need to maintain an alcohol free environment, I know this is odd coming from me but with the size of the group we're getting that's the way it's gonna be. Hasn't been an issue but we don't want it to be either. Thank you...

I am going to step in and add to this just a bit. First off I will let everyone know that the land were the track sits is my little chunk of family property, which therefore puts myself as having overall final say in what happens. So for those of you that this posts take by suprise, I will apologize.
This track has been there for about 4-5 years. Bob and I intend to keep it there well longer. But the bottom line is if there is anyone consuming or that brings alcohol on the track site you will be asked to leave. I will not risk our operation to that kind of liability. This goes for track work/open practice days as well as after a sheduled race. As of right now track operations will remain as normal and I want to thank everyone for making it a blast to run.

Additional track rules will be posted on the driver's stand in the near future also.

See you all on the 5th!

Jay

Last edited by TJB; 08-25-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default Keep It Clean

A big thanks to Bob and Jay for a great place to race!! Very clean, well maintained, and fun!! Thanks to all that help make it happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.