R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Wausau's newest 1/10th scale outdoor off-road track! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/410896-wausaus-newest-1-10th-scale-outdoor-off-road-track.html)

racer1812 06-23-2010 10:37 PM

Wausau's newest 1/10th scale outdoor off-road track!

For this year we decided to build a dedicated 1/10th scale off-road track, designed to fit the scale and driving style of 1/10th scale cars and trucks. The track works well for anything from 1/10th buggies to 4x4 SCT's, sorry 1/8th scale guys you have tracks all over to race at. We've never really promoted our track in the past and kind of kept it as "our little secret" but we would like to invite all the local 1/10th scale guys to come out, see what we have and try to increase outdoor off-road racing in the area. The track is run and maintained by 2-3 of us who simply like to "play" with our toys. As soon as I can get an address to put up a Mapquest link I'll do that. We'll be running open track days from 2-3pm till dark pretty much every sunday through the summer, please note that this is on private property and isn't open to the public unless we are there!!! Our goal being we are partnered with the Wausau R/C Racers would be to run race days at least one sunday a month using Greg's AMB scoring system.

We simply ask for a $5 "donation" for practice days to help offset the maintainence costs. Entry fees on race days are sure to be very reasonable!

Please note that this is located on private property and needs to be respected as such. We are a "rough" location meaning we have no bathrooms (we just pee in the woods...:) ) and no power (we do have a generator for charging/scoring if needed) we also have very limited pit tables so if you have one bring it. I ask that we maintain an alcohol free environment as this is not our property!

http://s1037.photobucket.com/albums/...0Farm/?start=0

Please PM me for directions

super lates 06-24-2010 05:36 PM

When dose the oval racing start? Same day to?

racer1812 06-24-2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by super lates (Post 7586649)
When dose the oval racing start? Same day to?

Ahhh. That means you saw our other playground. The oval still needs a little work, 1/2 the walls are up and we need to make an inside berm or lay down some more drain pipe but we have been running on it. It's also the perfect size for 1/10th scale. Our last oval was designed for 1/8 latemodels and was WAY too big for anything else to be fun.

As long as the oval isn't a pond on sunday it should be runable.

Sorry guys still waiting to get a link up for the location.......Greg, Blaine, Justin and a few others know where it is.....

racer1812 06-26-2010 06:53 PM

Location is up with a link through Google maps. Get directions and it will show you where we are.

Scrad 06-26-2010 08:47 PM

Cool, I will have Sundays off for the next 3 months.

super lates 06-26-2010 08:51 PM

I'll make it up there as soon as possiable. I'll be testing at Plover this week with the late model oval car, can't wait to get up there.:nod:

racer1812 06-27-2010 11:00 AM

Yes it's cloudy but the radar looks good so we'll be "open" today. And we have a HUGE tent for cover and pits if mother nature decides to be rude.

Scrad 06-27-2010 08:04 PM

How did things go? I had some stuff to do at the house. Dill and Justin I send you guys a PM.

jbraathen 06-28-2010 02:00 PM

Grand Opening Turnout

The grand opening turn-out was a little light, but there were certainly enough SCTs and 2 to run a class or two.

I was out of town on Saturday and had "kid-duty" on Sunday, so I was late myself. It was a blast watching the Gould boys tag-team Dylan with my 2wd buggy and truck. They had some really good runs!

The track is absolutely perfect for SCTs, 2wd buggies/trucks and pretty much anything 1:10 scale. I am sure that it would work for 1:8 scale also ...just missing the 30+ feet of hang-time that the 1:8 scale boys live for. :lol:

Oh yeah, did I mention that the track is very well groomed dirt/clay? Incredibly friendly to the bottom of your favorite off-road chassis.

If I weren't so busy chasing kids around, this post would have been followed by some videos of the track. ...Maybe next Sunday. :confused:

Happy Birthday Racer1812!!! Is "1812" the year that you were born? :D

racerj3 06-28-2010 02:56 PM

Will they be running next weekend being a holiday and all?

super lates 06-28-2010 04:03 PM

Oval Bomber class?

Is ther still going to be a bomber oval class? I need to know to order a body?:confused: Greg was working on it the last time I talked to him. I have been passing up Monte Arao coupes, but I'll still get a camaro body for a Blue Knight car.

racer1812 06-28-2010 11:52 PM

I don't know that we really considered it a "grand opening"? I only started this thread and let people know a few days ago. It was light but that was expected. Yes we will be running another "open" track day on the 4th. I realize it's a holiday but not everybody goes out of town and we shut down just before dark so people will still be able to get to any fireworks shows they may have planed.
For those who are "spec slash" diehards just an FYI~ an SC10 with a 17.5 on lipo is DEAD EVEN on this track vs. a stock Slash. Actually I'm slower than Blaine and Tanner with my SC10 but I'm getting OLD:cry:

Proposed classes as of now~
stock SCT (RTR tires, RTR motors OR 17.5/27t)
mod SCT any motor, any SCT tire
mod 2wd buggy
mod truck
mod 4wd buggy
mod 4x4 SCT
all depending on car count..

If we have enough of any class to run races on a pratice day we will gladly do so.

racer1812 06-28-2010 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by super lates (Post 7601608)
Is ther still going to be a bomber oval class? I need to know to order a body?:confused: Greg was working on it the last time I talked to him. I have been passing up Monte Arao coupes, but I'll still get a camaro body for a Blue Knight car.

a stock motor (17.5/27t) bomber class would be high on the list of classes for the oval once things got rolling.

super lates 06-30-2010 08:09 PM

Bomber class

Greg had it figured out all bombers run the same motor a HPI bliz can motor. So everyone runs the same, for close racing action. And use older buggy frames. I have old rc10 ones. What does everyone think?:confused: Just wanting to know? Or is there some thing different with the class?

super lates 06-30-2010 08:13 PM

Oval Late models?

Two wheel class or 4 wheel ? Or none at all? I have both?:sneaky: Or modify body cars? Is there still going tobe a Slash oval? There are more and more oval Slash racers coming to Plover ever week, Larry said.