Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHEBOYGAN, WI --- NEW TRACK

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Looking at the schedue. there is no mention of a 1/8 scale class, truggy or buggy. Is all that is going to run on this track 1/10 SCT and 1/5 scale? Or did I miss something somewhere?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone going to be out at the track today, thinking about making a run out there for a bit
Old 05-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Looking at the schedue. there is no mention of a 1/8 scale class, truggy or buggy. Is all that is going to run on this track 1/10 SCT and 1/5 scale? Or did I miss something somewhere?
the 5th scale track is mainly going to be used now for 5th scale only and the 8th scale are going to be run on the other track..

Originally Posted by zx12r
Anyone going to be out at the track today, thinking about making a run out there for a bit
Please stay off the 5th scale track is is not finished we do not want people running on it yet. thank you
Old 05-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hndaman1
the 5th scale track is mainly going to be used now for 5th scale only and the 8th scale are going to be run on the other track..

Please stay off the 5th scale track is is not finished we do not want people running on it yet. thank you
Thats fine, Thanks for the heads up,
Old 05-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ill be there around 12-12:30 if anyone wants to join me to see how bad or good it is after all this rain...
Old 05-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zx12r
Thats fine, Thanks for the heads up,

Yes it should be I was just out there it looked pretty good..Just please stay off the 5th scale track and tell anyone else the same thing.. thank you...Matt
Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 & 10th Scale Tracks

I am heading out to work on the track today. I am going to redo some of the jumps and work on the store. If your around, stop on out. Yesterday we worked on the 1/5th scale track and put down a nice open layout! There is almost a 200' long strait stretch now with two drop down jumps!

Our first race in on May 15th. Practice will be open at 9am. Racing will start at 2pm. Registration will be from noon until 1:30. We will be running Short Course, 1/8 & 1/10 Scale trucks. All of our classes are on www.wkrchobbies.com. ALL RACE RULES AND CLASSES WILL BE POSTED BY MONDAY NIGHT ON OUR SITE. I will also post up here with everything. We will have power available onsite for people to use. Bring extension cords of your own to use please.

Everyone remember to respect the property that our tracks are on. We have been granted permission to use this land as long as the business and property are respected and kept clean. So please help us in doing this. Also, do not park in front of ANY OF THE STORAGE UNITS. These units must be available for any of the tenants to come and use at any time. If you unpack and set up shop in front of one of these units, you will be asked to move.

Saturday before racing we will discuss the rules and also discuss moving our series to a Sunday race series. So ponder your thoughts, and post up and let us know how everyone feels about the possibility of running on Sunday afternoon at 2:30pm. That would give us finish times of around 6pm. ALSO REMEMBER THAT TUESDAY RACING AND OUR SATURDAY RACING ARE TWO SEPARATE POINT SERIES. We will start the Tuesday night series and see how the interest is and go from there. If there isn't a lot of interest, we will not run it. If there is, we will keep it going or we can switch it to another day of the week to accommodate the majority of racers!

The store will be open for a few hours today and also throughout the week after 5pm. We will be getting our order of nitro fuel and other parts this week so we will be nice and stocked up this weekend for our first week of racing!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

The 5th scale track is looking nice, I stopped out yesterday and today. The big track is coming along nice, it was nice and dry and I was able to put down a full lap before I blew my freshly built tranny into a million pieces Somehow I had a washer that must have stuck to a gear after greasing it inside the case.

Also craig I need these T4 parts
Front rims x2
rear rims
Proline calibers 2.2 whatever compound you can get them, sorfter the better and Factory team battery thumb screws.

Also if anyone is interested or you know someone looking I have some caliber sc m2's. One pair mounted and one not, as well as a set of slash tires, and strike tires mounted.

I am also looking to sell my Losi strike if anyone is interested. It is a great stock truck, has a bunch of blue aluminium and cvd's as well, lipo ready. I'll have a couple of other cars for sale out there as well on saturday.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

[QUOTE=whiteknucklerc;7381507]

Saturday before racing we will discuss the rules and also discuss moving our series to a Sunday race series. So ponder your thoughts, and post up and let us know how everyone feels about the possibility of running on Sunday afternoon at 2:30pm. That would give us finish times of around 6pm. ALSO REMEMBER THAT TUESDAY RACING AND OUR SATURDAY RACING ARE TWO SEPARATE POINT SERIES. We will start the Tuesday night series and see how the interest is and go from there. If there isn't a lot of interest, we will not run it. If there is, we will keep it going or we can switch it to another day of the week to accommodate the majority of racers!

QUOTE]

We only race Saturdays. Sunday is not a race day. So if switched to Sunday, we will not be participating.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Unreal...

So, I installed an 11.1 volt 5300 Li-Po into my new Slash Platinum. Big pinion, small spur...... I tell ya what, I have more than a few fast rides. But I have not ever driven an R/C of any kind that went as fast as that Slash went!!! I would estimate it was 60+ mph. And it didn't take it long to hit that speed. Easy on them brakes too, road gets covered in a big hurry.

When I drove it past me going around 30 mph, and pinned the go trigger... it spun all four tires with relative ease. There is no way it could be driven in anything but a straight line. Talk about twitchy steering. That speed was/is just totally impractical. But, it sure was fun!!! Back to smaller pinion 50 tooth spur. Heck its all I have left cept a 54 tooth. That 11.1 made short work of the first spur. Slop in the way it can move around I'm thinking.

All I can say if anyone tries something like this, you'll need a nice smooth road at least two long city blocks long and have the truck set up to go straight witout steering input. Just crazy is all I can say, crazy fun! But be careful, its quite the projectile!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bradley1

So, I installed an 11.1 volt 5300 Li-Po into my new Slash Platinum. Big pinion, small spur...... I tell ya what, I have more than a few fast rides. But I have not ever driven an R/C of any kind that went as fast as that Slash went!!! I would estimate it was 60+ mph. And it didn't take it long to hit that speed. Easy on them brakes too, road gets covered in a big hurry.

When I drove it past me going around 30 mph, and pinned the go trigger... it spun all four tires with relative ease. There is no way it could be driven in anything but a straight line. Talk about twitchy steering. That speed was/is just totally impractical. But, it sure was fun!!! Back to smaller pinion 50 tooth spur. Heck its all I have left cept a 54 tooth. That 11.1 made short work of the first spur. Slop in the way it can move around I'm thinking.

All I can say if anyone tries something like this, you'll need a nice smooth road at least two long city blocks long and have the truck set up to go straight witout steering input. Just crazy is all I can say, crazy fun! But be careful, its quite the projectile!

bring it to the track and run it with the 3s in open 4x4!!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

I went out to the track yesterday with the compactor and flattened out all of the spots with loose dirt ( the back straight, table top at the start of the straight, corner at the end of the straight as well as a couple of other areas). I wanted to flatten it out in time for the rain we would be having today, it looks like mother nature will be doing her best to finish the flattening job. Definitely going to be a smooth track come Saturday.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Awesome! Now we just need to do some racing and get a nice groove laid down...

Originally Posted by team orange
I went out to the track yesterday with the compactor and flattened out all of the spots with loose dirt ( the back straight, table top at the start of the straight, corner at the end of the straight as well as a couple of other areas). I wanted to flatten it out in time for the rain we would be having today, it looks like mother nature will be doing her best to finish the flattening job. Definitely going to be a smooth track come Saturday.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Hopefully we dont get to much washout on that back section cause Nick (orange) got it really flat.

If anyone is up for going out early saturday to help button things up it would be greatly appreciated, just need to finish getting the back straight straight. Also adding a couple piles of dirt and smoothing them out in a few more spots.

I also picked up some fencing for around the hot tub, its only 2 feet tall but should work good. But I dont have any stakes for it so if anyone has any that would help as well.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Weekend Racing

We're getting some much needed rain on our track for this weekend. From the weather forecast, things should clear up and we should have some decent racing weather. All the racing rules and classes have been posted at www.wkrchobbies.com. Race fees, classes and track rules are all posted up. Any questions or comments should be asked before racing starts. Please take some time to look at these rules. Saturday the track will open at 9am for work and practice. Racing is starting at 2:30pm. The track store will be open early in the morning if you need parts or fuel. Tuesday, May 18th will be our first Tuesday night series race. If racing is rained out on any Saturday, racing will be postponed until the following day on Sunday at 2pm. If racing is rained out or canceled for any reason on Tuesday nights, Racing will be held on the next day, Wed at the same time. Pumped up to do some racing! Hope everyone is ready to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.