Wiki Posts
Search

Trackside

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by moshmike
First of all I'd like to say To all of you whining about driving so far on a Sunday that The people I have NOT heard from are the ones who drive from Green bay or Ill. Come on! Hartford and Waupun are NOT that far! No Offense to the other tracks either but Scotty usually manages to get a lot of racers out without much delays. On normal Sundays everyone is out by 6 or 7 at the latest. Stop by during the Novak and see how fast 250+ people can make it through the day with Scotty taking care of the race. As long as you all have your $h!t together and don't hold every one else up things will run smoothly and you will all get out at a decent time! Our date was never set to be on any specific day.

Sorry if I offend any one but I'm sick of all the whiny toy car racers!

OH ya! And the carpet is not in that bad of condition! That will NOT be changed before the Novak and I'm sure the races will be just fine too!

Just my 2 cents
mukluk
My two cents was a question at first. I was asking a question about the series. If you read right I don't run in the series I run offroad. I wasn't whining about driving to trackside I drove down there friday and saturday. Trackside isn't that far your right. What I was talking about in traveling didn't have anything to do with rc racing. I am trying to be a dick about this I am just correcting what was said. I was going to come and watch if it sunday I will come then. I just want to see everyone be happy about it. Remember the toy car racing is a hobby and is suppose to be fun.

Peace Aaron
Old 12-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Stogie, ygpm. Your car is in the shop FYI. Thanks again.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Backing up what Moshmike had to say. The TCS race has always been held on Sundays and for that race there is at least 120 - 150 entries. The race always is over by 5pm, 7pm the latest and for that race many people have to get to an airport that night to catch a flight. I don't see it being a big deal with the final race being held on a Sunday at Trackside, Scotty runs one very smooth operation and his concern is always on the racer and their well being. I am sure he is aware of all the racers that have to travel and he will keep things running at a fast pace.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

any new info on the race in vegas yet? i heard sometime in september, might wanna go just for a vacation trip
Old 12-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Come on now - whats all the whining about?? I have to commute all the way from Cedarburg!!!

Whiners.

Wilde
Old 12-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

The offroad race a few weeks ago had about 90 racers, started at 7:00, finished about midnight. Just 2 rounds of qualifying of course. Fast and efficient!

Mikey ate some "Bad Seal meat"
Old 12-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mr. Doug, next time we're at the track together can you show me how to turn on the lap time announcement on the computer? I could care much less about my lap times (see, got it right that time, lol)
Old 12-20-2004, 10:03 PM
R/C Tech Founder

You guys just gotta go with the flow, like mukluk says!

Hey Doug, you going to be doing your thing at the 'Birds this year?
Old 12-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The series was set up with racing on Saturdays as one of the first things agreed on. I think we should try to keep it a Sat race. But if Sunday is the only day that works for Scotty... I guess Sunday it is

Last edited by ottoman; 12-20-2004 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

WOW! I finally get a chance to get online and BAM! What a welcome. From the carpet being wornout, to the great profit I make in this extremly lukrative and profitable rc hobby industry to why are we running on Sunday, I guess Trackside sucks! Most of you guys know me and know how I am, I am an easy going guy. I try and go with the flow and try to accomodate the masses the best I can, make eveyone feel welcome when they come to Trackside, and provide the best value and service we can to our customers in the place we provide for all of us to enjoy this hobby we all love so much..I have NEVER ever said one thing on the internet to criticze those that post on the net or to rebut someones opinion. But after what I have read, I have to speak up. It infuriates me how people get behind the keyboard and can rip and complain about things without either discussing it with the proper people face to face or finding out why decisions are made. Contrary to what some guys think Trackside is a business. And we all work to make it as successful as we can to first and formost stay in business,second, heaven forbid, make a profit and support my wife and 2 kids.
When guys come on here and make coments that incorrectly portray my facility in a bad light they don't consider that future customers read this thread and base their decisions on what they read. Thus affecting their decision to come to Trackside or giving them a preconcived idea of what Trackside is like or about.
First, regarding the carpet. Does the carpet have 2 years of racing on it? YES.Does it have some small holes in it from those 2 years or racing? YES. Did the Oval racers 2 weeks ago during our big oval race go as fast as they ever had since the Oval Nationals 2 years ago at Trackside?YES. Is the carpet wore out? NO! If the oval guys can go that fast on it, it has to be ok, their cars in my opinion are the most sensitive to the surface. In my opinion what does wore out mean. Torn, Tons of Fuzz that gets all over your car, Carpet loose folding over, Ripples. These are things that I would cosider a problem. Obviously as we continue in business there will be a time when we need to replace the carpet. In my opinion as a business owner is that time now, NO. I raced yesterday for the first time in a while and in my racer opinion is the time now, NO. nobody was having issues with their cars that was caused by bad carpet, not even 1/12th scales they worked fine as they have for the past 2 years.
So for those of you that are comming to the NOVAK RACE Don't worry, the carpet is fine! Used, but in no means wornout. And your experience at Trackside will be the best it can be. Thanks for everyones continued support. Scotty

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 12-21-2004 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default yup

i thought the track was fine. ill most likely be at the novak
Old 12-21-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gee... sorry!! Well, NO, not really. Nobody said "Trackside sucks". Far from it. However, my $15 entry fee on a semi-regular basis at least buys me the right to voice my opinion - so, get over it... This is an OPEN forum, it will be used as such.

Whatever. I still race there. But, I'm also inclined to race other places a little more regularly as well. We all should, for the better good of the entire hobby. The success of the Series has demonstrated that.

I just love how rctech.net (thanks, Shane!) empowers us all to be as passive-aggressive as we want to be.

Last edited by Stogie; 12-21-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

nobody was having issues with their cars that was caused by bad carpet, not even 1/12th scales
Um... I believe the carpet was in some way responsible for the massive number of board meetings I had with my 1/12 scale...

Ha! Just kidding. I can screw up all on my own... the carpet certainly didn't factor into THAT equation.

Really guys, lighten up. This is supposed to be FUN!
Old 12-21-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't race at Trackside regularly. In fact, my only experience at Trackside thus far was the Novak Race this past January.

However, I can honestly say, that I've never had a more incredible race experience than I did at Trackside. Scotty and crew went out of their way to make the out of towners feel comfortable. The staff was awesome and the local racers were truly great ambassadors for their facility.

As Scoty said, Trackside is his business and with any business, there are certain things that have to be done in order for that business to survive. Believe me when I say that you'll be regretful if Trackside, God forbid, goes away. We recently lost a top-notch facility here in Tulsa. A fellow racer said it best, when he said, "You don't know what you had until it's gone." No business is going to be able to satisfy every customer, with every decision - it's just not possible.

::: climbing down off soapbox :::

Oh, and Stogie, RCTech doesn't allow you to be passive-aggressive. Posting snide comments requires an "action" on your part. If you're having to be pro-active to show your disapproval for something, by very definition, it's not passive. RCTech allows you to be anonnymously-aggressive.

See y'all in a couple of weeks. Boomer - already craving some chilli and brats!

Rob
Old 12-21-2004, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.