Wiki Posts
Search

New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback

Looking to build an indoor track in North Jersey around Passaic County area. It will be close to major highways like RT80, 46, and 23. There will be a fully stocked hobby shop on site. The track will be open to practice or play the same hours the hobby shop is open with racing on weekends.
We would like a place large enough to run 1/8 scale. Rent isn't cheap around here so I'm looking for feedback on how many people would be interested in it.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as there is off road.

There is a big gap in this area. You have to go at least an hour either north towards Barnstormers in NY, or south towards Jackson RC and Trax 70, or west out to Trains and Lanes. There isn't really anything that I know of around here. There is Dirtrunners up in Jefferson, but it's really a 1/10 track, a little too small for 1/8 IMO.

Subscribed!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default specific

Originally Posted by BigGus71
Looking to build an indoor track in North Jersey around Passaic County area. It will be close to major highways like RT80, 46, and 23. There will be a fully stocked hobby shop on site. The track will be open to practice or play the same hours the hobby shop is open with racing on weekends.
We would like a place large enough to run 1/8 scale. Rent isn't cheap around here so I'm looking for feedback on how many people would be interested in it.
If you were more specific, you'd get better feedback. What type of racing, on road or off road, dirt or carpet, oval or roadcourse, what scale, etcetera.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as there is off road.

There is a big gap in this area. You have to go at least an hour either north towards Barnstormers in NY, or south towards Jackson RC and Trax 70, or west out to Trains and Lanes. There isn't really anything that I know of around here. There is Dirtrunners up in Jefferson, but it's really a 1/10 track, a little too small for 1/8 IMO.

Subscribed!
Those are my thoughts exactly. Need something that people don't have to travel hours to get to.
We can swing a smaller place to run 1/10 scale but if it seems a lot of people are interested then we would want to go large enough for 1/8.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marshon50
If you were more specific, you'd get better feedback. What type of racing, on road or off road, dirt or carpet, oval or roadcourse, what scale, etcetera.
It's gonna be off road dirt 1/10 and possibly 1/8. As of now it's electric but we would have to look into exhaust systems for nitro. I'd love to run nitro since the majority of what I own is nitro.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marshon50
marshon all u need to know its all things you like.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G_WORD
marshon all u need to know its all things you like.
maybe even more!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Marshon, do you race anymore??? Last I heard, you were on your way to South America to promote Werks engines!!!!...........just busting barney....lol
Old 01-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Oh I'm all in race hyper tt 4wd n 2wd buggy!!! 1/8 electric and be open during the week for practice ill be there all the time!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jrz93
Oh I'm all in race hyper tt 4wd n 2wd buggy!!! 1/8 electric and be open during the week for practice ill be there all the time!!!!
Ok cool!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

ok ill play along.
what if there was a gold club membership limited to say 20 people, who would have to submit an application to be approved by the club. You would receive unlimited access to the track 24-7. Obviously there would be no store access if your there after hours. you would be aloud 1 quest to help or spectate.

chosen club members policing fellow selected members.

For this gold membership cost is $100 per month.

normal fee would be $10 per day during normal store hour, what ever they turn out to be.

so if your a dedicated rc'er that membership really is GOLD

these members would also have say in track layout. maybe you'll be able to pick out a special pit spot all your own for race day.

just a couple of thoughts to throw out there

Aldo
Old 01-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by critterracing
ok ill play along.
what if there was a gold club membership limited to say 20 people, who would have to submit an application to be approved by the club. You would receive unlimited access to the track 24-7. Obviously there would be no store access if your there after hours. you would be aloud 1 quest to help or spectate.

chosen club members policing fellow selected members.

For this gold membership cost is $100 per month.

normal fee would be $10 per day during normal store hour, what ever they turn out to be.

so if your a dedicated rc'er that membership really is GOLD

these members would also have say in track layout. maybe you'll be able to pick out a special pit spot all your own for race day.

just a couple of thoughts to throw out there

Aldo
Wow u beat me to it aldo Iol
Well I would like the club aspect dues and such and I know rent is not cheap in this area but $100 a month is steep for practice if it was for practice and racing I'd do it and as I told u I would help you build and promote the track!!! My carpet cars are going to be for sale tonight!!
As for the location is it finalized? I saw some pics on ur flickr acct is that it? If so leave the couch!!! Lmao!!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

hey calm down its not me. im just thowing idea at you guys.

well this membership would be for the hardcore. if you come just 3 times a week then your already over $100. i know tons of peeps who would show up at opening and wouldnt leave till closing. everyday.

if you only need a couple days then pay as you go type of thing. was also thinking of a time clock. punch yourself in and out and just pay for the time used.

remember not everyone works as much as you lol.

racing is a total separate animal. im talking club. for some reason everyone i talk to wants a club. christ im a member of 4 clubs myself.

for racing i see it happening on saturdays. start early. big events once a month.

cash races during the week maybe. $5 per race winner takes all.

jeez this isnt even my thread lol.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrz93
Wow u beat me to it aldo Iol
Well I would like the club aspect dues and such and I know rent is not cheap in this area but $100 a month is steep for practice if it was for practice and racing I'd do it and as I told u I would help you build and promote the track!!! My carpet cars are going to be for sale tonight!!
As for the location is it finalized? I saw some pics on ur flickr acct is that it? If so leave the couch!!! Lmao!!!!!
+1
I agree about the club dues idea, like jrz said, rent's expensive. I'm down to help build the track. I've been dying to have a track closer to home. I already know at least one other person who would most likely jump on getting a membership too. I need all the practice I can get right now
Old 01-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by critterracing
hey calm down its not me. im just thowing idea at you guys.

well this membership would be for the hardcore. if you come just 3 times a week then your already over $100. i know tons of peeps who would show up at opening and wouldnt leave till closing. everyday.

if you only need a couple days then pay as you go type of thing. was also thinking of a time clock. punch yourself in and out and just pay for the time used.

remember not everyone works as much as you lol.

racing is a total separate animal. im talking club. for some reason everyone i talk to wants a club. christ im a member of 4 clubs myself.

for racing i see it happening on saturdays. start early. big events once a month.

cash races during the week maybe. $5 per race winner takes all.

jeez this isnt even my thread lol.
I'm up for a track run by the racers!!! A majority /club aspect is the correct way have meetings to discuss ideas is great and sat to stay off the barn fri nights is great cause then we got options n more times n places to run....are u hearing this big gus???
I'm glad that big gus is open to ideas good ideas aldo I hope big gus is watching

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.