Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
NEW Indoor Racing Facility in Las Vegas! >

NEW Indoor Racing Facility in Las Vegas!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Indoor Racing Facility in Las Vegas!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevink123
hey chuck gonna fix the camera tonight so its ready for sat. Also the only thing I can say about the new layout is it is the best one and biggest jumps vegas has ever seen on a indoor layout yet, I promise you that. And if you don't think you can handle a track 10 feet smaller then your mind will be blown away when your jumping smoothly higher and farther then your cheeks can smile. Everyone is doing a tremendous job on helping and it is paying huge dividends and I guarntee nobody will be disapointed. pics will be posted possibly friday.

COOL"
Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Hi everyone, I have family in Vegas so I would like to check this track out next time I'm there visiting....... A few questions, what are good days to go, what tires work well on this track, and how far is the track from Nellis AFB? Thanks

All my friends that race 702 Raceway & VRCR tell me they both run the
same tires which is any clay tire you would use in Cali. so you should be
good to go in Vegas for R/C racing...
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Hi everyone, I have family in Vegas so I would like to check this track out next time I'm there visiting....... A few questions, what are good days to go, what tires work well on this track, and how far is the track from Nellis AFB? Thanks
everyday is a good day at the vrcr, we race on sat,proline suburbs r very good! 15min drive down craig then turn left on rancho.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

track update!!! everything is in! place is off the chain! looks crazy! BIG BIG BIG! very cool!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1bigshane
track update!!! everything is in! place is off the chain! looks crazy! BIG BIG BIG! very cool!
I think this is a understatment when you say BIG BIG BIG maybe add a couple more BIG's in there. To be honest this is the track layout that will make experts very happy and novice's wanting more and more there is some for everyone with options in there so you don't have to run the same line and hope they mess up before you do to win, now you can risk it with a high stakes high reward section.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

The Layout is in and is by far the most amazing thing to grace the VRCR! People are piling in to get ready for tomorrows kick off of the kyosho classic! gates open at 8am racing at 2pm! this is the one event in vegas you dont want to miss. With tons of factory and team drivers along with the best drivers in town will make this some amazing racing! call the shop for details at 702-684-7223!

thanks and see you soon!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

all i can say is crazy!!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

The Live R/C feed was worthless for the first series race. There was no
sound the whole race ( or no one was announcing?) and the video was
froze up 90% of the time.

The camera is still only showing the center of the track also.

Alot of people tuned in from all over the country to watch this first race
because the factory Kyosho guys were going to be there. They were all
disappointed talking on live R/C about how bad the feed was.

I figure you guys weren't watching your own feed and would like to
know how bad it was so you could fix it for the next series race.

Looked like a great turn out and lots of people would have loved to see
and hear the race action..
Old 02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Round One Of The Kyosho Classic Was a Blast! With 120 entries, 17 heats and 23 Mains full of people having a great time with family and fellow racers! We had a ton of factory and sponsored drivers along with a heap of Locals ! We even had Joel Johnson From AKA come on down to check the place out. And on the Media Side of the Event , Jeremy From RC Insider was down taking some great pics and doing interviews with the people in attendance ! So the results will be posted on The Vegas RC Raceway Facebook today and tomorrow on theVRCR.com also a race update on RC Race Chat this Tuesday!

The Next Round of the Kyosho Classic is Feb 25th So get ready and we will see you soon! And a thank you to our sponsors for the event. Kyosho,AKA,Orion,Boca Bearings, Studio 44,RC Race Chat, Amain Hobies,Protek RC and more!

and remember that in between the Series weekends is the VRCR league/Club racing. for questions please call the shop at 702-684-7223
Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hyjaxx
Round One Of The Kyosho Classic Was a Blast! With 120 entries, 17 heats and 23 Mains full of people having a great time with family and fellow racers! We had a ton of factory and sponsored drivers along with a heap of Locals ! We even had Joel Johnson From AKA come on down to check the place out. And on the Media Side of the Event , Jeremy From RC Insider was down taking some great pics and doing interviews with the people in attendance ! So the results will be posted on The Vegas RC Raceway Facebook today and tomorrow on theVRCR.com also a race update on RC Race Chat this Tuesday!

The Next Round of the Kyosho Classic is Feb 25th So get ready and we will see you soon! And a thank you to our sponsors for the event. Kyosho,AKA,Orion,Boca Bearings, Studio 44,RC Race Chat, Amain Hobies,Protek RC and more!

and remember that in between the Series weekends is the VRCR league/Club racing. for questions please call the shop at 702-684-7223
I'm guessing you missed this post:

Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Chuck_21

Chuck_21.....I was on Live RC on Saturday night during the Kyosho Classic and I observed 2 things. The bad video/audio feed for the race and some guy named 211_Chuck going on and on about the VRCR and the horrible Live R/C feed.

After watching this banter for over 30 minutes I thought "who is this Chuck guy?" He seems to have an agenda....

Fast forward to Monday and to my surprise I find on R/C Tech this guy named Chuck_21 going on and on about the bad video/audio feed at the VRCR. Are you the same guy? You have to be...the agenda seems the same.

Curiosity has me now.....so I do a search on R/C Tech of your posts and I find that you have made many negative observations about the VRCR over the last year. Some of your observations are correct, some are obvious, and others are completely strange like your statement about the VRCR dirt stains chassis’s on cars. Although you usually end your posts implying that you have Eric or the VRCR in your best interest, it is obvious you do not by the way you go on and on about stuff.

Yes...we wished it was bigger.
Yes...we wished we had more pit area.
Yes...the Live R/C is shotty right now
No...the clay does not stain your car until Eric changed his dirt formula.
Fine....Chuck_21, you are "mostly" correct in your observations.

Here are some observations you have missed....
If you ever came to the track you would observe Eric is very good at making sure people have a good time at his track. He is in the pits 12 hours a day giving setup advice, soldering ESCs, gluing tires, running the pro shop and doing whatever else his customers may need to help them relax and have a good time at his track.

The track traction is amazing. There is little to no clean up and it is the pride and joy of the VRCR. Like a sculptor working on a master piece, Eric works hard at maintaining his track. You should see him walking his track...fixing...tweaking it. He is like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings..."yes, yes...My precious "

The fact is, just like any other Mom and Pop store there are growing pains. Store inventories, working out processes and procedures, and staffing issues come with the territory with opening a business. Eric knows what needs to be improved with his track and he has some big plans to do so. More importantly he knows what is right with his track.

There is no more need of going on and on about the obvious growing pains of opening a new track.

....Zak
Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

LOL" LOL" Okay silly boy" what ever you say"
Old 02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Its Race Day at The Vegas RC Raceway! So come on down and have some fun Before the Second Round of the Kyosho Classic on Feb 25th! Races start at 4pm today so if youre running late you can call in to the shop 702-684-7223 and we will get you signed up!

Also, a huge thank you to all the people who came down for Round one weekend! From Fri Morning til Monday night we had almost 600 people and 240,000 laps ran on the track! Its great to see people enjoy what ive worked so hard to give to the community!

Lastly. We put in one of those Dazzle Box things for Live RC so now we are running 2 cameras one is a 90% view of the track and the second camera is a perfect view of the "Wall Whip"

KEEP IN MIND, LIVE RC SAYS WE ONLY HAVE ONE CAMERA, BUT IF YOU CLICK ON THE SECOND ONE IT COMES UP. Both views are awesome So check em out!

And Chuck, Come on down and run the track bud! I promise its alot more fun then Back Seat Business owning. I just want everyone to have fun and build the sport!

Thanks a million!

Eric from The VRCR and RC Race Chat.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by Chuck 21

I wonder do you always talk out of the side of your face and try to discredit good people who work harder than you to accomplish something for the benifit of others. That's a poor outlook on yourself. Erick and Shane stepped up and helped my son with Autism learn to love the world of RC. What have you done to bring the sport to anyone. Talking like that maybe you should rethink your hobby. Sad thing is they would still open their doors for even the likes of you....Chuck. Peace!!!!!

Last edited by sinbowman; 02-22-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 02-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

@sinbowmen, that is what the VRCR is all about in a nutshell and I am proud to be teamates with such great people who do stuff just like that. I know some places cater to special circumstances but to actually take the time and work with someone who maybe doesn't even have needs but new and watch them grow and learn to appreciate the hobby as a whole and get better is what really brings things into perspective and brings that "good" feeling. I am glad to hear that you and your son have grown to love it more because of the likes of VRCR as we try to promote family and friends and a fun barbershop feel first and foremost and then racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.