Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crymynal
Wow!!! So we need a cleanup day and figure out something else for the drivers stand situation.

Igy....are you up for crawling on Wed (around 5-5:30) and sailing on Saturday (after 8 am for Jon)?
Definitely yes on Wed, I just got back from there testing some 28T motors and shaved tires. Sat is probable, and 8 sounds good to me.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by igyrigged
And a truck to drag the broken up stand off the track.
If you all need I have a jeep cherokee I can pull the stand out. We can bust it all up and I can bring it to where ever you want to have a bon fire... or what ever.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mgillooly
If you all need I have a jeep cherokee I can pull the stand out. We can bust it all up and I can bring it to where ever you want to have a bon fire... or what ever.
Thanks for the offer, we may have to hit you up.

On another note, I am doing some tube work on a "midnight pumpkin" truggy. Did you ever make any more progress on your willy.
Attached Thumbnails The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan-70be4921.jpg  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the offer, we may have to hit you up.

On another note, I am doing some tube work on a "midnight pumpkin" truggy. Did you ever make any more progress on your willy.
I have, but not as far as on the cage. Thats really the only thing I need to do so I don't kill the windshield if it rolls over, but it is operational. I should bring it to toguchi and give it a go, and maybe, have better luck than last time. Ill try and get out there wednesday when you all go.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

On another note, I am doing some tube work on a "midnight pumpkin" truggy.
Holy crap...you got some skill there Ig! Brass tubes? Brazing?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Ok, so I'll be at Toguchi around 5-5:30 for Hump Day Crawl.

My Turnigy 9X came in today. Time to get it installed. I already did the battery mod to put in a 9.9v LiFe instead of 8 AA's. Saturday Sailing looks to be a go for me. Possibly the maiden voyage of the I-Phantom. Hopefully the kid's soccer doesn't get in the way.

Brett has offered up his green monster truck to help pull the stand when needed.

Igy....I know a guy that can powder coat that thing when your done with it.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Holy crap...you got some skill there Ig! Brass tubes? Brazing?
Combo of stainless tube and brake line. Brazed with stay-silv 15. The frame rails started as flat pieces of steel.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

SO I started looking into the willy to see what is wrong with it, and the fxr is doing the same thing as my other one is. With it all connected as soon as I give it forward or reverse input it only moves for a second or 2 then cuts off. The fxr in the willy doesn't lock up like the other one though. When it locks up all the lights flash, really bright on the willy and very dim on the jk. On the willy as soon as I let off the forward or reverse input it goes back to its normal flashing lights and I can again get it to move for a second or two before it locks up and all lights flash. Im stumped, as is Tekin they told me they've never heard of this before. Should have stuck with the holmes hobby brxl for the extra $10 oops. Also I have the CC bec wired from the battery directly to the servo not to the RX. Worked great for a while, not so much any more.

Last edited by mgillooly; 09-19-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just found a post on here and it seems if you try to update your fxr to version 030 it jacks it all up and then you have to send it back to tekin to get it fixed. I'm going to call them to find out for sure.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

SO I had a conversation with a guy, Jeremy, at Tekin tech support and he was a little stumped by my problem. He said that the programing issue had been fixed to the best of his knowledge so my newer fxr's should not have any issues in those regards. So, I started trouble shooting a bit more to see what was going on. After going threw each step in the Tekin hotwire one by one I found my lvc was the issue. I had it set to 3, which is not 3v per cell, it is 3s. So I feel a bit stupid, but I learned something new. One don't jump to conclusion, and two learn how to use the products you have. I didn't find anything that tells me the correct way to program it but I may not have looked hard enough. Lesson learned the hard way... kind easy didn't have to dismantle my willy. My only defense, which is thin, is I am mostly new to lipo and definitely new to the fxr. OOPS my bad.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

So now you need to bring that willy back out next Wednesday so we can see it in action.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the cutoff for ESCs without adjustable LVC?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

So now you need to bring that willy back out next Wednesday so we can see it in action.
Sure thing if not sooner. I thought about heading out there tonight but it is pouring and the willy isn't waterproof. Maybe tomorrow night or Saturday. Be by Wednesday night too.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Igy bring the Berg ARTR tomorrow to the marina.

Anthony, I used double stick tape on the hatch, stuck it down, pulled off the paper and then used baby powder to get rid of the sticky on the top. Only need about 1mm to fit tight...
Old 09-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

I'll be at the marina in the morning....don't know if I will be sailing though. I have to install and setup the radio equipment. I'll bring some electrical tape to seal it up for now. See you guys in the am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.