Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
Any one?
I would say and small pin clay compound like Ryan said. I can't tell you exactly though since i only run electric.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Any one?
Fred, pink tapers and Inside Jobs have been good.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:19 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

get ur xmas classic entries in, due today w/o extra fee. see site for details.

R
Old 12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Planning on making the trip out for the Christmas Classic.
Running 1/8 buggy and possibly truggy.
I read on the web site tires must have 3/32 worth of tread.
What tires are every one running?
fred,
i ran panther clay tires on my 1/8 buggy.then tride aka citiblocks.they were way better.hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Dan I think Fred is worried about the 3/32 part, does a taper pin meet that height? How are the Jconcept Bar Codes (gold compound)?

Is Chris going to tech us and give out DQ's if its not exact?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
get ur xmas classic entries in, due today w/o extra fee. see site for details.

R
Iam planning on making the trip from pittsburg and want to sign up checked the site and caint seem to find the entry also i checked the calender and i see that there is no offroad since there is a big oval race and i see that the only day to practice is on friday is this correct or has it changed. just wondering since iam in the area most of that week i would like to get more than just 4hrs practice. i thought maybe this was changed since there is 3 days of oval practice and racing before a big event.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aaron joy
Dan I think Fred is worried about the 3/32 part, does a taper pin meet that height? How are the Jconcept Bar Codes (gold compound)?

taper probably doesn't. i tried bar codes gold, they are ok.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Glad you can read between the lines. Guess I should have just come out and said it.
Tapers do not meet the 3/32 part and I do not want to be disqualified.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Chris commented on entries a while back in the thread. Said that you can sign up at the door (does that mean extra fee applies?). Last year he said I was the only one who mailed in a check for the Christmas Classic.

Direct info: http://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/Chris...sic%202009.htm
Old 12-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Chris can you help us out on what is a acceptable tire with 3/32 height?
I can remember the good ol' days of running slicks at Bumps.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Chris can you help us out on what is a acceptable tire with 3/32 height?
I can remember the good ol' days of running slicks at Bumps.
go ahead and run taperpins. there is alot of us that do or did and he didn't say a word about it. if you ask him what tire to run there for 1/8, he would prob. tell you pink tapers. I have tried blue barcodes and inside jobs. barcodes are not too bad, but i like the insidejobs the best so far out of all 3.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is only practice on Friday - the rest of the week will be spent cleaning up and laying out a new offroad layout
Practice is from 12-8 on friday - that way no one has an advantage over anyone else - even the local's I like to keep it fair.
On paper it looks like the oval has more practice time - but in all reality they do not. There is 550 entries for that race, practice is tuesday and wed for them and each car get's 3 minutes of practice each day, that is a lot of sitting around!
Tapers will be fine - We usually use the back side of a #10 razor blade to check height. The bottom line is I like to make it even for everyone, as long as there is no big bald spots it will be fine.
Can't wait till it get's here - if last week was an indication of how the race will go it will be there will be some incredible racing.
Thanks
Chris
Old 12-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Forgot - there is no late fee
I changed it on the sign up yesterday after it was brought to my attention.
you can sign up at the door on Friday
Old 12-02-2009, 07:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

This Xmas Classic will be bigger and better than last year. Don't let the wood jumps fool you as they have worked great and alot of fun. Track has been alot of fun overall and have had more positive remarks than ever before which is a great thing.

We do are best to make the majority of the racers happy and even try are best to help the few who might not be as happy. Overall this season has been the best to date and seen some of the best races I have ever seen at Bumps. Just last week I seen 3 of the best races I think I ever saw at Bumps. It is just getting better each and ever week and its the staff and the racers all working to gether to make it some serious fun at Bumps and Jumps this year.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
There is only practice on Friday - the rest of the week will be spent cleaning up and laying out a new offroad layout
Practice is from 12-8 on friday - that way no one has an advantage over anyone else - even the local's I like to keep it fair.
On paper it looks like the oval has more practice time - but in all reality they do not. There is 550 entries for that race, practice is tuesday and wed for them and each car get's 3 minutes of practice each day, that is a lot of sitting around!
Tapers will be fine - We usually use the back side of a #10 razor blade to check height. The bottom line is I like to make it even for everyone, as long as there is no big bald spots it will be fine.
Can't wait till it get's here - if last week was an indication of how the race will go it will be there will be some incredible racing.
Thanks
Chris
sorry iam not talking about the week of that race iam looking at this week you have oval practice 2/3/4 and racing the 5th and no offroad sunday.which shouldn't take long to take up the jumps and get the oval ready,then the week of the christmas classic the track is closed 15/16/17th why not have practice these days for the offroad it shouldn't take that long to throw down the carpet jumps. i have to say this will be the first time i have ever ran dirt with carpet jumps should be interesting. it seems like there should be more offroad practice prior to this race for us out of towners instead of one day. i know i will be in town that week until thursday for work then have to be back at the office friday morning and wasn't planning on making the trip until sat morning thats why iam ?ing the practice days.but hey you caint change for just one person.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.