Wiki Posts
Search

LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Price is $120 for these and $99 for the HV and the only diff is the rebuildable capability. I have not seen many people rebuilding their brushless motors because they are already pretty much bullet proof.
But the only way you can get a 4.5 is to get the ballistic now since the 4.5 hv is not around.

There should be 5-6 sct's in spec and mod. That is a guess and not a hard number, but if some of the same crew shows as last year there will be around that many. Im in for one of them I just havent decided which
Old 04-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victory Side
But the only way you can get a 4.5 is to get the ballistic now since the 4.5 hv is not around.

There should be 5-6 sct's in spec and mod. That is a guess and not a hard number, but if some of the same crew shows as last year there will be around that many. Im in for one of them I just havent decided which
You can still buy the HV directly from Novak at http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...3524/135.0.1.1

Nitrohouse is also still carrying them.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

You can still buy the HV directly from Novak at http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...3524/135.0.1.1

Nitrohouse is also still carrying them.
Did not know. Thanks, I have been looking for one in the esc setup and had not found one.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Track progress update

The screening machine finally showed up today, should have all of the dirt done by the end of the day tomorrow. I've started roughing in the "Daytona" turn with the on pile of dirt he got done today. Things are looking up for this weekend's Sunday afternoon test and tune. I'll let you guys know for sure after tomorrow. Here are a few pics to hold you over for now.

Thanks,

Kevin.
Attached Thumbnails LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00172.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00173.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00171.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

looks good kevin....keep up the good work..
Old 04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Practice Tuesday????
Old 04-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Practice Tuesday????
I'm working as hard as I can to make the track drivable for this Sunday afternoon. I worked on the track for several hours tonight after the shop closed and go several of the jumps built, I've got a lot more work to do before the track is ready to race but I'd like to have the test and tune on Sunday more for testing and tuning the track than the vehicles. I'm trying my best to make the track as "user friendly" as possible. So far I have 30% of the track done and another 30% should be done on Saturday. It's the remaining 40% that will require the majority of the work. The weather will play a large part in how soon the track is ready to run. I know you are all excited to run on the new layout and so am I but good things take time. I may have bit off more that I should have with the total rebuild to start the season but I think when it's all said and done everyone will be happy with it.

Kevin
Old 04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good to hear the track is getting done...

For most of us...we know how much work it takes for a complete rebuild...I remember the days of shovel and wheelbarrow...Might be a little easier with power equipment...

Kevin...wait until you drive my electric...amazing...hands down faster than my nitro in all areas of the track...I said I would never do the electric, but I will eat my words...One bad a$$ machine

C.R.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovell

For most of us...we know how much work it takes for a complete rebuild...I remember the days of shovel and wheelbarrow...Might be a little easier with power equipment...

Kevin...wait until you drive my electric...amazing...hands down faster than my nitro in all areas of the track...I said I would never do the electric, but I will eat my words...One bad a$$ machine

C.R.
i know they are some crazy machines.i would like to have one.
maybe for the next season i will purchase a e-scale...but this year im loving the nitro up all that i can.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Kevin,

I plan on being in the area on Friday if you need a hand with work on the track and the weather is cooperating.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Kevin,

I plan on being in the area on Friday if you need a hand with work on the track and the weather is cooperating.
Jason what time you coming? I am headed over today for some painting and wood cutting. It sounds like Saturday is a big day too. See you guys soon for the greatest off road season ever!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lovell

C.R.

C.R.

WOW! I don't know what to say, e scale, WOW!

And yes, power equipment is way better than the old wheelbarrow.

Kevin
Old 04-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

All,

I worked with Kevin and Aaron today on the track. It's getting there and looking in good shape. Still more work to do. So, if you want to see how much is done, stop by with a shovel or rake and give Kevin a hand. Don't worry, Kevin has the imagination part done and uses all the cool equipment that we all wish we could play with when we were kids. Sometimes, though, we just never grew up.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Default track progress update

Thanks to Jason and Aaron for the help today. Like Jason said, things are starting to come together. Looks like the weather is not going to be good for Sunday but might hold off long enough to get some more track work done tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00178.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00179.jpg  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lcrc_raceway
Thanks to Jason and Aaron for the help today. Like Jason said, things are starting to come together. Looks like the weather is not going to be good for Sunday but might hold off long enough to get some more track work done tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Kevin
The pictures do not show the real size of this place. That banked turn takes at least three to four swipes wide with the john deer and the roller to cover it from top to bottom. I still think we could do lawn tractor races instead. And yes, the john deer was able to stay on it's wheels while taking the high side of the bank. HMMM, Kevin's light poles look straighter than the states ones out by the highway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.