Wiki Posts
Search

LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
It was my pleasure Mike. That was one of the best transformations i've seen yet in the truck and the engine. Your toro ended up being the best running one i've seen so far. I few more changes we talked abt will put the topping on the cake. It's pretty amazing what the right pipe will do.
Rob, that was incredible what you did to that truggy. It was like another animal out there. You should change the screen name to tunerator.

What a great night of practice. I have to say the electric was definitely fun. Hope we can get a crowd for the 17th. Have a great week.

Tom was that a whole gallon you ran through.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victory Side
Rob, that was incredible what you did to that truggy. It was like another animal out there. You should change the screen name to tunerator.

What a great night of practice. I have to say the electric was definitely fun. Hope we can get a crowd for the 17th. Have a great week.

Tom was that a whole gallon you ran through.
Not sure abt that name Aaron. I will say i enjoy setup and tuning more than driving sometimes. As the grandchildren count gets higher the driving gets tougher lol! I need to get my sons racing.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
do you guys keep Losi clutch bell bearings in stock?
the guy i've been ordering from says it's gonna be a few week's till he can get them, guess there on backorder.
part number if it helps is :
LOSA6949

Thanx

Isaac
Isaac,

That is a fact about the Losi bearings being b/o. I'm glad that they are, because it has forced me to find them somewhere else. I'm happy to say that we have Answer-RC 4 pack in stock and the price is amazing. You get 4 sets, thats 8 bearings for $10.50. What a smokin deal, and they hold up as good or better than the Losi ones. Let me know what you need and I'll mail it to you or hold it back for the next time I see you.

Kevin.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd like to thank everyone for coming out last night for an excellent night of practice at LCRC! It was nice to see some of our Port Royal dirt oval guys coming out to give the offroad side a try, hope you all had a good time.

Special thanks to Rob Hamm and C.R. for all the tunning and pit help, you guys are first class!

Rob Wyke,

I do have several vehicles for sale, and I know of a few others out on the market. I also have some RTR kits in stock that I will blow out at smokin deals. n Call me at the shop this week for details. 717-463-9173
Old 10-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Wow that was an awsome night LCRC!!! Thanks Aaron for letting me run the electric!!! Its was rockin!! The new addition of the "one lap dirty racin" was by far the best racing of the night!! Hope to c everyone back out next tuesday and the 17th!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Billy, no problem on the loaner RC8e, Im glad you had fun. I was so pumped on the practice last night. A lot of racers, good weather=fun times!

Thanks again Kevin for a great night of racing. Now if I can just figure out how to keep up on the track...forget keeping up how about staying on.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So how many racers were there yesterday???
Old 10-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

yesterday was a great day...

tried some different tire and foam combos and found out some interesting things...

Kevin, Bruce, and John glad i could help...

in some ways yesterday was more fun than racing...run a little, socialize with the guys and gals, then run some more

Ed Toth may have opened my eyes to the fioroni clutch...i have been fighting a bog at low rpm for a long time and i think it is time to make a change

C.R.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Default sweet!

Originally Posted by lcrc_raceway
Isaac,

That is a fact about the Losi bearings being b/o. I'm glad that they are, because it has forced me to find them somewhere else. I'm happy to say that we have Answer-RC 4 pack in stock and the price is amazing. You get 4 sets, thats 8 bearings for $10.50. What a smokin deal, and they hold up as good or better than the Losi ones. Let me know what you need and I'll mail it to you or hold it back for the next time I see you.

Kevin.
Hey man, sounds great, if there as good or better then the losi one's i'll try em! i'll take one of those 8 tubes! please hold them for me, and i will buy them the morning of the 17th, i plan on getting there very early to practise.

Thanx

Isaac
Old 10-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default fioroni clutch

CR ,

what fioroni clutch are you looking to try out ? I used to run the sliding clutch yrs ago and really liked it , they have a newer version I was checking out before i bought the answer RC clutch set up . you`re right about yesterday , a real relaxed atmosphere .............

Bruce
Old 10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

i have been running the 2007 twin turbo for two years and love the life of the shoes, but hate the low rpm bog...

i have tried the heavy springs...little better

next i plan on cutting the spring some and rebend a loop in it to make it engage a little later

or, remove some shoe material so there would be a little less contact area for the shoes to grab

c.r.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovell
i have been running the 2007 twin turbo for two years and love the life of the shoes, but hate the low rpm bog...

i have tried the heavy springs...little better

next i plan on cutting the spring some and rebend a loop in it to make it engage a little later

or, remove some shoe material so there would be a little less contact area for the shoes to grab

c.r.
I have talked to 3 or 4 engine modders that are highly against the fioroni because of that. They kill the low end of the engine. I heard they last forever though. Try some answer clutches. I get 3 gallons with the 4 shoe setup in the truggy. That's with a pretty high stall. I'm sure they will go longer than that in a buggy. Inexpensive also.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

C.R. ,

I ran the original Turbo sliding clutch , used to run it with all three springs and carbon clutch, I really liked it .

Bruce
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
I have talked to 3 or 4 engine modders that are highly against the fioroni because of that. They kill the low end of the engine. I heard they last forever though. Try some answer clutches. I get 3 gallons with the 4 shoe setup in the truggy. That's with a pretty high stall. I'm sure they will go longer than that in a buggy. Inexpensive also.
yea mikes bearings are pretty good.they last awhile in my buggy.
i bought a set of those 8 or whatever a long time ago and just used my last set this past weekend at altoona...although i did have one of the bigger bearings freeze up on me...but im not complaining for the price is awesome.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

thanks rob for the input...i will give mike a call

long life...12 plus gal on the same shoes but changed the springs from time to time

C.R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.