Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

I won't be there but I know Ken will let me know what the deal is, right old man?!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Gents, we gonna get any shovel time this weekend?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

All,

I will be meeting with the Seabee's om Tuesday AM on Camp Shields, you are all invited/encouraged to attend the meeting,

MySelf and John Dowdall will be meeting with the Chief in charge of the build to discuss final track layout and when they will start.

I am shooting for 0900, if this works/does not work for a time you can get away, let me know and we can adjust accordingly.

I still need the final track layouts and measurements (if available) for jumps, turns, etc...

I spoke with the new Camp Commander at length about this last Thursday night at the steak night, he is VERY supportive and told me that if we need anything to let him know.

So, please feel free to weigh in and provide info ASAP for the meeting tomorrow.

Rob
Old 06-29-2009, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pgeldz
Here's a quick sketch of my Nitro design...

It has a little bit of everything - fast section , flowing section, some technical/rhythm, jumps, washboard section, step up turn, banked turn, two small but long table taps on the rear stretch...all with good marshaling on the infield. None of the jumps impead your view, and water drainage shouldn't be a problem with this design.

I also tried to maximize lane material usage as Ken suggested, so we're not having to create double lanes for everything.

Each square is 10ft, so as it stands now, it's about 130ft wide, by 70ft deep.

Let me know what you think...

- Paulie

This is the design that was voted on and selected, as you can see it is approx. 60x130 feet. I am hoping that Paulie will be available to answer any questions that come up about the layout. I am available after the 4th w/e until the 14th when I am back in the states for a few weeks. I think we need at least 2 guys to be with the Seabees to make suggestions or decisions while the work is going on. What we don't need is Monday morning quaterbacks if you weren't able to be there as the work was being done. Just my 2 cents. The next p[ost will show a basic layout of the whole park.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bando711
http://

Here is a rough outline of what was decided at the meeting tonight. WE have a usable area about 250ft X 250ft. The squares are 20 X20, it gives you a general idea of the game plan. Robert, if this would help as an attachment to the LOI, just let me know. This is not the design of the tracks, just a visual of the track sizes.

This was the general layout of the RC park, should give them a good idea of where things will be.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chemfrk
All,

I will be meeting with the Seabee's om Tuesday AM on Camp Shields, you are all invited/encouraged to attend the meeting,

MySelf and John Dowdall will be meeting with the Chief in charge of the build to discuss final track layout and when they will start.

I am shooting for 0900, if this works/does not work for a time you can get away, let me know and we can adjust accordingly.

I still need the final track layouts and measurements (if available) for jumps, turns, etc...

I spoke with the new Camp Commander at length about this last Thursday night at the steak night, he is VERY supportive and told me that if we need anything to let him know.

So, please feel free to weigh in and provide info ASAP for the meeting tomorrow.

Rob
Robert, do you have a location for the meeting?

Paulie are you going to make the meeting?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Ken,

The meeting is pushed back until 1300,

Paulie is planning on being there as well as John Dowdall, and the camp services folks.

I met with the New Camp CO early this evening for a few minutes as well.

we are meeting at the Camp Shields gate around 1245/1300.

the meeting will last no more than an hour,

the directions are...

Go in the camp Shields gate. follow the road 1/4 mile,

on the left, there will be a equipment yard (dozers, etc)

thre is a small building on the lot, this is where Chief Trujillo will be,

PM me and I will provide my cell as well.

Rob
Old 06-29-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HOLY CRAP! Its like Christmas in July.

If the picture actually works, I figured you would enjoy chemfrk. It is a little grainy.
Attached Thumbnails Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan-gas.jpg  
Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, how did the meeting go? I was unable to make it :duh:

Also, if you are on the mailing list you know that Uehara-san is opening a new track in Uruma (Ishikawa) that is backed by the city and the Okinawa Prefecture. It will take about two months from what Uehara-san told my wife the other day.

We have two Off-Road tracks coming to Okinawa!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

The meeting went well guys...

Robert and gang were there, as well as me. We spoke with one of the most senior enlisted SeeBeas there and hashed a bunch of stuff out.

We discussed our intent, presented the LOI, and went over the track in enough detail to give them a solid read on what we'd like to have happen.

The SeeBeas were all over it, and very excited to work on the project. They actually want to start on it RIGHT NOW, but we're waiting on some final approvals on the Marine side of the house before they can start.

Lopez (the Camp Services guru form Camp Courtney) is all over it, and should be able to cut through the Red tape pretty quick.

I can tell you that we're looking to have it completely built and turn key by the end of July at the latest - that's when the SeeBeas window of opportunity to help up runs out. In talking to them today, I believe they estimated 9 days from start to completion. That's to do EVERYTHING folks - clear the area, lay some earth down, and sculpt our tracks. Yes, I said tracks, with an "s". They're going to build our main track we voted on, the track below it on the other side of the Connex, as well as the kiddie track and rock crawling area.

When they do get started, we'll most likely need some folks out there to at least guide them. Sure they have the drawings and such, but it'll be better if someone in the know is able ot be there with them to facilitate the details.

I'll do the best I can to go out and support, but with my new job my time is severely limited during duty hours. Now, if they work at night because of the heat, than it's game on, cause I should be able to lend a hand during those hours.

I'm sure Robert will chime in on here and keep us posted...

Until then, just know this is ACTUALLY happening, and that we ARE making progress.

- Paulie
Old 07-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Wow that is amazing....I was wondering if I was ever going to let the grass behind my house regrow or not. Starting to look like it may have a fighting chance. But mowing it with my Baja was more fun than a mower anyway...
Old 07-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello, my name is Hunter Rains.
I will be arriving at Kadena AFB Okinawa in Mid September. I hope there's something I can do to contribute in September, but it looks like this project is moving really fast. I will be in Kadena for 4 years; so I'm excited to see I found a military associated off road track to run my ST-rr and revo at. See ya when I get there.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hrforsale
Hello, my name is Hunter Rains.
I will be arriving at Kadena AFB Okinawa in Mid September. I hope there's something I can do to contribute in September, but it looks like this project is moving really fast. I will be in Kadena for 4 years; so I'm excited to see I found a military associated off road track to run my ST-rr and revo at. See ya when I get there.
Welcome to Okinawa. Hope to see you on the track or in the dirt. How did you find the forum?
Old 07-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

K guys, got two weeks off so let me know when the seabees start work and i'll make it out there to "supervise"/build my dream track! ha just kidding guys... seriously though i have a shovel and rake ready to go...now if I could only get my wife to come to...
Old 07-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Murdadock
Welcome to Okinawa. Hope to see you on the track or in the dirt. How did you find the forum?
Google

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.