Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I will be trying to take care of things while Rob is out of the area. If you need to contact me send me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone number or email address.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any news on when they will be getting started?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Damn, been gone for the past 3 weeks, looks like I missed a bunch of stuff. Can't wait to get my shovels dirty. Anything going on this week/end???
Old 07-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

I've been on leave this past week, but will get on top of things Monday.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know we needed some more approvals from the Marines. I hope they understand our urgency, we really only have this week to get all the b*llsh*t taken care of. Mr. Leadfarmer I don't know who you are, but do you have contact with environmental, and whomever we need to kick in the a*s to get this thing rolling?
Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Leadfarmer is all over this in my absence,

The CG for Marine Corps Bases Japan has been briefed and even discussed it at the meeting this last Wednesday.

Believe me, everyone in the approval chain is fully aware of the urgency and decreasing timeline we are facing to get this done,

Leadfarmer does have direct contact with the base CO, Camp Services, Environmental and all relevant players...

Chem
Old 07-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sorry I came across as an A**Hole, I guess I was in my "Corporal" mood.

Can't wait to get this started!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default R/C Track in Okinawa Japan

I am moving there in the near future and am intrested in an R/C track locations to go to. I mostly run Truggy but I also have a a buggy and a Baja 5B. Please let me know if there are any tracks available.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Courtney Track

i guess I should read more of the post here, I see that your trying to get a track on the base, Do you have any pictures of what you want to build? Have you started building? How big will it be? Is only going to be big enough to put 1/8 and below on to race or practice? Let me know I want to be apart of the build or maintnance.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
i guess I should read more of the post here, I see that your trying to get a track on the base, Do you have any pictures of what you want to build? Have you started building? How big will it be? Is only going to be big enough to put 1/8 and below on to race or practice? Let me know I want to be apart of the build or maintnance.
I think Bojangles and Iggy will be running the 5B on the Nitro Track. Fix what you break (track-wise) is what we discussed at one of the meetings. The nitro track is going to be quite large. There will also be an Electric track, Rockcrawler course and Kiddy track.
Jason
Old 07-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I wish I was running a 5b...sadly I can't afford it quite yet. If you go back to the beginning of this thread and read through you can see what layouts we have chosen. Matter of fact only a couple of pages back you can see the main 1/8 track we are building. There will be two tracks here on Okinawa for off-roaders to enjoy. One on base (well a couple), and one off base. We are always looking for people to help with the track...except we haven't started building it yet...but soon!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? I need some help!

I have been searching online for a car to get and I haven't made up my mind yet. I was thinking about getting the HPI Nitro Firestorm. It's not to expensive and all the reviews I have read all sound good. Anybody own one or know somebody that does? What do they say about it? I want to have it in time for opening day at the track. Help please!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys i have been on the island since april this year and its cool to know there is more people out there with rc and we are actually getting a track done up, sounds good on the track...where exactly are these tracks going to be placed at on courtney, im looking forward to the crawler track, since i got over here i cant really find much to crawl on camp courtney and i guess you have to get a permit and join a club to fly planes. The only perk i have had lately was i got a perfectly good Tamiya TT01 given to me its got some hop ups on it and all it could really use is some new rims tires and body. Keep us posted on the track details im sure there is alot of people that wouldnt mind helping out.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rodriguez_4
I have been searching online for a car to get and I haven't made up my mind yet. I was thinking about getting the HPI Nitro Firestorm. It's not to expensive and all the reviews I have read all sound good. Anybody own one or know somebody that does? What do they say about it? I want to have it in time for opening day at the track. Help please!
I think you should look into the Traxxas Slash EP RTR.
This seems to be the most popularvehicle here. The Firestorm Nitro isn't that good for racing, it is more of a basher. I have the EP Version and it is very powerful and hard to control for a new guy. It is the most fun vehicle I have though, I have the Sand tires and destroy the beach with it between Spur Gears that I seem to often destroy. If you want nitro, I suggest the Revo, or the Savage. Those are popular and durable. The Revo is probably the better platform. The Japanese locals are mostly interested in Nitro Buggies last I checked but I am not qualified to suggest one of those. I would ask Paul about that.
Good luck and see ya in the dirt.
Jason
Old 07-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 450xguy
Hey guys i have been on the island since april this year and its cool to know there is more people out there with rc and we are actually getting a track done up, sounds good on the track...where exactly are these tracks going to be placed at on courtney, im looking forward to the crawler track, since i got over here i cant really find much to crawl on camp courtney and i guess you have to get a permit and join a club to fly planes. The only perk i have had lately was i got a perfectly good Tamiya TT01 given to me its got some hop ups on it and all it could really use is some new rims tires and body. Keep us posted on the track details im sure there is alot of people that wouldnt mind helping out.
The track is going to be right by the Chow Hall right inside the Gate. If you are facing the Chow Hall, it is the Field on the left. Their is some decent crawling (1:10 scale) on Torii Station down by the beach if you can get over there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.