Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

It's easy to find, but I always get lost driving out. Everything looks different at night after a full day of racing... Am I the only one that has this problem?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
A couple of us guys from Thunder Alley are planning on coming down this saturday. Look forward to going as it will be my first time at ARC.
Bummer I wont be able to make it this week. It figures you, John, Raul, and the rest will go on a weekend that I cant make it!

The track is fun, and has some cool turns to it. Hope you have a blast! Tell the guys from T/A I said hi, and that I will see them next time!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who's gonna take it this week??????????? Maybe an upset in pro buggy?????What about short course????? Anybody in? This week should be fun. There is some small changes to the layout to make racing even closer than we already get everyweek. This week we will be watching for sandbaggers going for glory in lower classes when they know good and well that they are fast enough to be in expert or pro. See you all there!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Racing

I wish i could make it out ,maybe next week. So whos down to help make the program run smoother and have your pit guys put your cars down so we can start the next quals quicker. I would like to see longer mains also ,when the track opened we ran 25 or 20 minute A mains. Get in Dans ear and bring back the longer a mains , i run gas for the longer run times .
Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any body want to have a drivers meeting before the races?????
Old 03-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Tech 5

I m with you on the drivers meeting, If your heading out to race gas ,you already know to find a pit guy so you can have someone help you. Plus if you have to help them and your back to back quals ,find someone to help you turnmarshal. Lets help dan out he does'nt have a handbag of turnmarshalls sitting around in the tower .
Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im down for longer mains. A Mains should be 20-25 minutes, and B's 15-20, C's 10-15.

I never understood the deal with marshaling. What takes so long to get back out there? Granted you need to take your stuff back to your pit area, but its not that far. I spend a lot of time in pit lane helping others, but I have good friends (and a wife) that will go out and marshal for me. Everyone knows that they need to marshal, or have someone do it for them. Getting out there quicker can add time to our mains for sure.

I think some people get back to there pit area, look over the car, talk about the race, and wait to see if they start the race without them. That stinks when your up in the stand waiting, and you have to wait for the marshals to get out there.

Definitely something that needs to get better.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Chris,
I am up for the meeting on sat let me know what time and I will be there.

Havo
Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Longer mains are great if Dan picks up the pace. The LOOOOONNNG break between quals and mains is a bit much. Have the drivers mtg and get the marshals out there or dock laps. if I have any complaint about ARC it is the slow program. Longer mains without picking up the pace would just be to slow of a program for my liking....this is the only complaint I hear about ARC.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

There is a quick and easy way to solve the long time between heats....Get a 6 foot table and after all the drivers are done racing...Put your gear on the table and turnmarshall. Dont allow drivers go back to their pits, it waste time and a few dont return. It will speed up the racing as well.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lbckevin
There is a quick and easy way to solve the long time between heats....Get a 6 foot table and after all the drivers are done racing...Put your gear on the table and turnmarshall. Dont allow drivers go back to their pits, it waste time and a few dont return. It will speed up the racing as well.
That is a great idea. I think Dan does a great job running the races and the biggest delays are because of turn marshalling. I actually like the break between the heats and the mains because it gives us all time to get ready. This is going to be particularly helpful if we decide to run longer mains. I do agree that it should be cut a little shorter though. I always thought that the cones should be numbered and so it would be easy for Dan to know who isn't turn marshalling.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with all that is being said but I think what is happening is that after a qual or main of about 12 people I think some are trying to get out of turn marsh. because some think that 12 is too many to have out on the track to turn marsh. Maybe when people sign up they can be assigned some type of numbering system that way Dan can regulate who is out there and who is not and like Thopper said start dockin laps. JMO
Old 03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

i will agree. there is a little lag, last weekend 7 heats took almost 7 hours to run. i thought the whole point of starting at 2 pm was to get out of there before it got dark and COLD. were starting 2 hours earlier and only finishing 30-60mins earlier than we used to.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

All of the delays fall on both the racers and the race director. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do, but it doesn't happen all the time. A drivers meeting needs to held before the racing starts every time to drill the messege into everyones head. It doesn't need to be military style, but the program needs to be a little more efficient. Its a club race and it needs to be a little on the easy side(more relaxed), but it is too much. I have talked to Dan about this, and he is more then willing to make things happen the way it should be. He is learning also.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revrace
That is a great idea. I think Dan does a great job running the races and the biggest delays are because of turn marshalling. I actually like the break between the heats and the mains because it gives us all time to get ready. This is going to be particularly helpful if we decide to run longer mains. I do agree that it should be cut a little shorter though. I always thought that the cones should be numbered and so it would be easy for Dan to know who isn't turn marshalling.
I like the numbered cones idea, quick and easy for Dan to see who isn't out there. And we definitely need as many turn marshals as possible with this new layout. The right side of the track with its narrower lanes and switchbacks caused some chaos, and there wasn't a marshal spot there so no one stood by it. The closest person was at least 20ft away.
I'm down for the longer mains as long as they are all lengthened, sportsman, expert, and pro. The 10th scale guys should get longer ones too, if they can do it. If not, and they only get 10min or less for their A-mains, maybe they should get a bit of a price drop (If that's the only class they are racing). No reason they should pay the same for less track time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.