Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING >

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Old 12-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Alright, here's the scoop on the new ARC Raceway!!! This place is going to be sweet.......

http://arcraceway.com

Dan the owner is putting ALOT of work and money into this new facility. When I got to the track, he was there BY HIMSELF working on the finishing touches of the drivers stand.

He's hoping to have the track up and running towards the end of January sometime. I know..it seems like forever, but be patient, it will be worth it.

The new track is being built in Temecula at the Vail Lake Resort. From the 15 freeway, head east on Highway 79 South for almost exactly 8.5 miles. The track is nestled in the back of the campground between some hills.

The track size is 180 by 90. Usable straightaway is about 160 ft.

Drivers stand will accomodate 15 drivers and is 40ft long and about 10 ft high. If any of you raced at the old ARC, the stand looks alot like that one, only its all new and looks huge. Same storage box from the old track for the drivers stand only now the timing equipment is in an enclosed room extended off the end of the stand.

The drivers stand is also oriented in a way that you will never be facing the sun. No more sun in your eyes

Lots of parking is being grated out.

Pit tables will be on a concrete pad (yet to be poured) that will accomodate approx. 150 drivers. Eventually, all the pits will be COVERED by a permanent structure, but for now you will have to live with the 40 by 80ft tent that will cover about half of the drivers.

Water was tapped into and piped to the track for the ability to keep the track surface dialed.

Electricity will be provided by the same generator that was used at the old track. Eventually, there will also be power brought in by "normal" means of cables and poles.

There will also again be an onsite hobby shop available to supply those of you who like to break parts

And being that the nearest food source is almost exactly 5 miles from the track, ARC will again have their own "Cafe" available for those who like to eat.

Dan also has a few "surprises" planned. One of which he wouldnt tell me. But he did show me where it was going, and he did say that no other facility has ever had anything like this.

There will also be some bleachers for spectators and eventually, he wants to put up a couple of big "scoreboards" so that spectators and racers can keep tabs of the races.

There were some people requesting that it be electric friendly...well folks that wont be a problem at all. In fact, he said that if there is a big enough group of people, that he would do an all electric race day. In the mean time, electrics will be welcome on normal racedays and be included in the race program if needed.

Dan is bound to make ARC one of the finest race venues in California, and by the looks of it, it just might be. He's putting in a lot of sweat and $$$ to give all of us a place to race, so I hope that the racing community supports him and comes out to play when it opens.

I will be keeping tabs on the progress when I can, so if you have any questions, post them here and I'll see if I can answer them, or find the answer out.

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 01-22-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

I'm going to try and head back over to the track and get some pics, just to give you guys an idea of the place....
Old 12-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

There were some people requesting that it be electric friendly...well folks that wont be a problem at all. In fact, he said that if there is a big enough group of people, that he would do an all electric race day. In the mean time, electrics will be welcome on normal racedays and be included in the race program if needed.

usually when i think electric friendly...i think things like not putting humongous super jumps like the one at Revelation and stuff. Only the fast mod guys can make it and half of them will break trying, you know? Ill prolly check it out tho
Old 12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Here are some current construction pics

Old 12-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Here's an up high view from the hillside.....The fenced in portion in front of the track is the parking lot, along with where the silver SUV is parked. The pits will be right behind the drivers stand.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

do you have to go through twirly mountains to get here?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

no its not twirly roads, its not far even if it was, he said 8 miles.
jeff
Old 12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Its just on the outskirts of town. Not far at all
Old 12-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

any news?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Went over there today. Pit lane for the gas cars is built. Nice raised platform, pit crews will be standing on a concrete pad. Track dimensions were layed out, Drivers stand is pretty much finished except for paint. I heard some of the cool ideas that will be incorporated into the facility Very cool.....too bad I cant say what it is. Slowly its being done, hopefully the rain stays away as much as possible. End of January is very possible if everything goes right. This place is going to be nice.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the update Steve. Did you by chance get any more photo's?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

10th scale electric friendly?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_King
10th scale electric friendly?
Whats up Kaaaaaaaaang!! Yup, I talked with him and he will support electric racers if they show up to race. IF enough people were to show interest and actually show up to race, he is would be willing to do an electric only race day like twice a month.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Thanks for the update Steve. Did you by chance get any more photo's?
Donny, I didnt get to get more pics.....I may try to swing by there on Sunday to drop off an A/C unit to Dan, I'll try to get some more then.

This place is going to be soo much nicer than the Murrieta location...
Old 01-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

One more thing, at alot of the tracks, pit spaces are near impossible to get through on a busy race day.......While I was there, we were talking and it looks as though the spacing between the pit tables will be 8ft That will allow racers to be in their pit space, and will still allow racers/spectators/pit crews to walk by.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.