Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston) >

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

went out to the track sunday for some practice and it was a very nice day perfect weather and tractions was also great thanks to john stranahan for spraying it looks like the track will remain open a bit longer for those who want to go out and play or practice for the dallas race series coming up real soon seya at the track
Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sunday: We had a hanfull of oval guys show and had an organized practice. We all tried 13.5/LiPo. Herman liked it a lot compared to four cell as did Jimmy. I think that will be the predominant class in the future. We all had a good free hotdog lunch. $190 in Prizes were handed out for the Oval series.

We will have another organized practice this next Sunday coming up. I will treat the oval track and put out the boards. I will have free hot dogs for all who pay to race or practice.

We will try and have a race the folllowing week. Ron H. said he could race then as can jimmy and myself.

Nitro guys are of course welcome to come and practice and to have a hotdog. There is plenty of time for Nitro practice on a slightly shortened course. Electric TC guys are welcome as well. I had my TC5 out this Saturday and Sunday. The TC5 likes the shortened course very well. Unfortunately Herman had used up his tank before I could get out there and spank him with the TC5
Old 10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Suspended

does anybody do any 8th scale on road there?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

yes- Here are results from the south west conference series race held recently and posted a few posts back.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/4886016-post1619.html
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OILMAN
does anybody do any 8th scale on road there?
Hey Oilman,
You bet! We have a solid core of 1/8th on-road racers here in the Houston area. Send me a PM with your name, email, phone, and address and I will add you to the distribution list of our club, Gulf Coast Racers. Emails and posts to this site will keep you informed of our upcoming club races and events. I look forward to hearing from you.
Roger
Old 10-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

hey oilman come on out and join in on the fun
Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there any class or interest for a 1/8 GT class. IGT, IGT2, DM-1, DM-1 Spec, Ultra GTP2, etc....? Any guys come out with these cars for practice at Gulf Coast?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

It has been a few months since I last raced at GulfCoast.

So what is happening and what is not. In April I heard talks of re-surfacing track to make it appear bigger and make it alot smoother. Is that project a go? When will it start/finish. Is the Upstairs finsihed so I can race 1:12 on a visit? Is anyone still racing sedan? I have a TC35 and thought I could make use of it in 13.5, 10.5 or 6.5~3.5.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

vadn1-There are at least 3 of those larger 1/8 scale sedans that practice at Mikes. So far no interest in racing them.

Trailranger- So here is the story. The track has been made wider. The last Soutwest Series race enjoyed the wider straight and pit lane. We have been using a longer oval as well. Plans are underway to rebuild the on-road track. Start time has been delayed a bit so come out and enjoy the racing on the asphalt.

Some new On-road Nitro races may be scheduled.

Oval racing continues. We will have an organized practice next Sunday with boards, sugar treatment, and free hotdogs, followed by a race the following Sunday. Nitro guys are welcome to practice on both days. Electric TC guys as well. In the event that work starts on the asphalt we will continue oval on the front concrete parking lot with a bridge loop. We have a couple of new racers gearing up as I type this.

The carpet track awaits some finishing touches and the carpet. Discussions are underway with CRC.

Want to learn how to pass without hacking the guy in front; Want to learn how to drive in traffic? Join us on the oval. The cars are quick now with 13.5/LiPo.
Do you wish your car looked like a fullsize race car?

Welcome back Josh bring on that TC35, maybe my TC5 can keep up. You mean to tell me there is a motor that is not a 3.5 that will work in the car! Nikkon would like to race in one of those classes. We could include this in the oval race schedule with no difficulty at this time. Need about 4 guys. I'm in.
John
Attached Thumbnails Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)-protoform-t-hd-front-view-resized-last.jpg   Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)-summit-racing-dodge-charger-12-011.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-08-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Stranahan

Welcome back Josh bring on that TC35, maybe my TC5 can keep up. You mean to tell me there is a motor that is not a 3.5 that will work in the car! Nikkon would like to race in one of those classes. We could include this in the oval race schedule with no difficulty at this time. Need about 4 guys. I'm in.
John
hold up speedy, I haven't moved back to texas. I was just checking to see what kind of cars to tote down for my next visit if I could get the wife to stay a few days.

When I graduate in May I am cosidering Houston.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
vadn1-There are at least 3 of those larger 1/8 scale sedans that practice at Mikes. So far no interest in racing them.

John
John,
I will be sure to bring out my car, maybe run some laps with the anyone who shows for practice. Thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

vadn1-Welcome. Send Roger (Woodlands racer up above) your e-mail addy to get put on the list for club news (nitro news).

Jeff treated the track with sugar water this Friday. Should be good for a weekend of practice. If any of you early birds wants better traction tomorrow just spray some water on it with the backpack sprayer. I should be by in the afternoon with the TC5. This could be you at the finish line if your raced oval, OK maybe not.
John
Attached Thumbnails Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)-busch-series-car.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-10-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

jason hutchins any myself will be out there sunday john cooper will be there also seya at the track
Old 10-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

We had a great Sunday Practice. The track was treated well, several compliments on traction. We ate 24 free hot dogs. In attendance 9 oval cars (wow). 4 nitro 1/10, 2 nitro 1/8. One nitro Indi car with solid rear axle. Best racing, the 1/10 Nitro Sedan, Nitro indicar, 1/10 oval electric car, 1/8 Nitro car all on the oval at the same time. Quite humorous.
We plan an oval race next Sunday. Free Hot dogs again. Nitros are again welcome to practice during breaks which are long and numerous. Last test and tune before Dallas. Hope to see a few of these oval cars from today at the race. Most practiced on LiPo 13.5. A couple on 6 cell 13.5. One stallwart (will not change for nuthin) on 4 cell.

John P's 7 turn Electric TC looked fast until a shock body broke half in two (Prism blue rubber tires). His LiPo powered oval car was strapped.
Both 1/8 scales were gaining about 4-10 feet per lap on my electric TC5; 1/10 Nitros were not.

Good to see you out again Jason H.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-15-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi all Rc racers, I thought you all might like to see this moto Cross accident.
Its Huge, the dude crashes into the landing ramp and breaks both arms and his knee. The crash is about 2 minutes into the film.
its in Australia, anyway enjoy

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_yoQsJ7A-Sg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.