Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville) >

Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

It's also the last off road race of the season and some track teardown afterwards.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm new to vta and I bought a used tc6. I was wondering what is a good spur gear and pinion for the 25.5 motor on the tc6? And what oil weight should I put in my shocks? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

I would try something around a 4:1 final drive ratio and maybe 40wt in the shocks. I'm no expert but I think it would be a good starting point.

Last edited by RodDog; 03-31-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coors40light
Our main classes are pretty straight forward.
Breakout Pan Car, run what you want.
Breakout Legends, run what you want.
Stock Late Mod Pan car, class limited to a Tamiya silvercan brushed motor, 3600 NiMH battery, any esc, 4.0 gear ratio, any tire, and a late model style body.
Stock Tamiya M05, see attachment.
VTA, must follow the national VTA rules

Those are our primary classes. We will run any class as long as we have at least 3 cars to field, but most people just stick with Breakout classes and M05's.
Are the two Pan Car classes at Goony's 1/10th, 1/12th, or a combination of the two? Same rules/classes apply at Crossroads? What's considered a "Late Mod Pan Car"? I'm looking into buying one but want to make sure I can race it at both locations. A link to what's allowed and not allowed would be helpful.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sg1fan
Are the two Pan Car classes at Goony's 1/10th, 1/12th, or a combination of the two? Same rules/classes apply at Crossroads? What's considered a "Late Mod Pan Car"? I'm looking into buying one but want to make sure I can race it at both locations. A link to what's allowed and not allowed would be helpful.
We run 1/10th scale pan cars. Same rules/classes that we run at Crossroads, except Ig changed the motor rule in the Late Mod class.

So now i have to figure out what i want to spec for the motor for that class, but in general it is any 1/10th scale pancar chassis, 3600 or less NiMH battery, BSR Spec cap tires, late model style body, any ESC, and Tamiya silver can 27 turn motor (Crossroads allows the Duratrax Photon 2 motor in addition to the Tamiya).

In general the same rules apply to any class at Crossroads and Goonies.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

To all my fellow Goony's racers. As most of you know, my wife has a pretty serious medical condition. From what I understand, we are having a sort of "benefit race" on April 12th for her and my family. Just wanted to share with y'all that The Knoxville News Sentinel is and has been doing sort of a family interest story on my wife in the coming weeks and will be attending this race for pictures and possibly interviews from what I understand. Just thoughtI would give yall a heads up on that and Lee if you want to let Johnnie know this as well so he knows that would be great.....thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers as well guys
Old 03-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, i need to talk to John about it. I have been in contact with the Farragut Press as well and think they are coming out to do a story on the event and your wife.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We run 1/10th scale pan cars. Same rules/classes that we run at Crossroads, except Ig changed the motor rule in the Late Mod class.

So now i have to figure out what i want to spec for the motor for that class, but in general it is any 1/10th scale pancar chassis, 3600 or less NiMH battery, BSR Spec cap tires, late model style body, any ESC, and Tamiya silver can 27 turn motor (Crossroads allows the Duratrax Photon 2 motor in addition to the Tamiya).

In general the same rules apply to any class at Crossroads and Goonies.
Thanks Lee. One more question: Which color code from John's BSR Racing Tire page should we be using at each track? johnsbsrracing.com/cap-tires
Old 04-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default VTA

What is the cheapest way to get into on road racing? or oval?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Buellerbob
Legends would probably be the cheapest in my opinion, but then again pan car and this new spec late model class would be fairly cheap to if you can find a decent chassis for cheap. Ive got an old Bolink Legends car that is ready to run minus radio I would consider selling if youre interested. It has Body, motor, esc, servo and battery and could probably use some new rear tires, but I could through some old ones on there that aint dry rotted like the ones on there now if need be....
Old 04-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sg1fan
Thanks Lee. One more question: Which color code from John's BSR Racing Tire page should we be using at each track? johnsbsrracing.com/cap-tires
At Crossroads it is an open tire rule, so you can run whatever compounds you want. Greens or whites in the rear, green left front and a blue right front will get you started.
At Goonies, for breakout pancar and legend it is an open tire rule, so again your choice as to run what you want. Most run some combintation of cap tires depending on how their car is handling. Personally i run foams, my cars seem to run better on them. Greens in the rear, white left front, green or blue right front.
For the Spec class you have to run the BSR Spec Radial.

Last edited by coors40light; 04-01-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hate I have got to miss the race on the 12th. I heard a wed. Night vta and Mini Cooper series was in the works. Does anyone have info on this.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Buellerbob
Like Justin said you are best to start with a Legends car and go from there. You can get one RTR for around 125$ or so. They are easy to work on and will help you understand the basics of setting up an oval car.
For the road course your best bet is a Tamiya M05. We run them box stock so there are no upgrades to worry about to be competitve. It is all in the driving.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dirtclod
Hate I have got to miss the race on the 12th. I heard a wed. Night vta and Mini Cooper series was in the works. Does anyone have info on this.
I am not planning on running a Wednesday event. John or Julio may have something in the works that i am unaware of. My plans are to race every other Saturday opposite the off-road group.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am not planning on running a Wednesday event. John or Julio may have something in the works that i am unaware of. My plans are to race every other Saturday opposite the off-road group.
I would be able to help on wed night if john and Julio need some help, just not a good race caller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.