Search
Like Tree302Likes

R1 Wurks brushless motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM
Thanks. I have 2 of the 25.5's and at least one of those has to be close to a year old. Not sure where any of the 25.5's I have fall as far as #'s go. I guess this explains why the R1 is a very popular choice for the class lol.
Scott , I found mine thru ebay , ebay sent me a coupon ..... LOL , was either an R1 or one of them red motors, couldn't find one of them at the time
ASM likes this.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:52 AM
TC5
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dirt42fan
Thats because its a bada** motor . try using a 1s battery for better results.
I did - not much better . I like the accuracy of the motorlyser and paid a crap full for it - its now a total waste
Old 05-13-2018, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Sensor board alignment is key get the rotor close as possible and no issues arise
Old 05-14-2018, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

having some issues with the 1700+ rotor on an indoor astroturf track. Current setup is a b6 17.5T, geared 78/34, can timing is 50, WTF fan keeps it cool around 110-120* after a 5 minute run, hobbywing justock XR10 and SMC 115C true spec extreme lipos, spektrum dx5r,.There is a huge neutral range on throttle to the point where i have to pull the trigger all the down just to get the thing to move. I have tried calibrating the TX, the esc, set the punch to 9, set neutral range to 6*. Nothing seems to work. Everything was real smooth and responsive before i put the HT rotor in.

Anyone use the 12.3mm rotor in a 17.5t? wondering if this is an option for me.... should i go back to stock rotor or the 1650?
Old 05-15-2018, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rotor Ron

Just a heads up for potential new Rotor Ron customers...

I purchased one of his R1 Full Monty 17.5 motors. Communication through e-mail was so excellent, I had replies within minutes. Received the motor about an hours or so ago and attempted to tear down the motor to document the shims in preparation for the upcoming Reedy Race. It has to be my luck or something but one of the screws fails to budge. Rather than break the aluminum screw, I e-mailed Ron for assistance.

His first reply was "I don't know what to tell you". So I e-mailed him a video of me trying to unscrew it, making horrible metal noise in the process. His next reply, "If it breaks I'm not sure what i can do for u other than refund ya. Sold 100s of motors and this is certainly a first...It's gotta be bound up. Think about it. It went together just fine. Just return it. It's already been too much time over an rc motor. ..."

Had this been a steel screw, I would have just pulled it out no problem. Time is an issue, there is one weekend left for practice, I still need to get my baseline for gearing and such. I don't care much for the IDGAF attitude, after all it's $159. I can understand if he was having a bad day, no big deal. But for those expecting support from this individual, I wouldn't hold my breath.. As I've said, great communication from Ron, that is of course you don't have a product issue. Your mileage will vary. In the event that the stick is removed out of his ass and he offers assistance, I may edit this post to reflect the current status of support.

I was able to remove the screw, it was not cross threaded . The tolerance of one hole in the stator is pretty tight. The standard steel screw drops in just fine, the aluminum screws are a tad bit larger in diameter by 7 1/100ths.

Last edited by zerius; 05-15-2018 at 05:25 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-16-2018, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zerius

I purchased one of his R1 Full Monty 17.5 motors. Communication through e-mail was so excellent, I had replies within minutes. Received the motor about an hours or so ago and attempted to tear down the motor to document the shims in preparation for the upcoming Reedy Race. It has to be my luck or something but one of the screws fails to budge. Rather than break the aluminum screw, I e-mailed Ron for assistance.

His first reply was "I don't know what to tell you". So I e-mailed him a video of me trying to unscrew it, making horrible metal noise in the process. His next reply, "If it breaks I'm not sure what i can do for u other than refund ya. Sold 100s of motors and this is certainly a first...It's gotta be bound up. Think about it. It went together just fine. Just return it. It's already been too much time over an rc motor. ..."

Had this been a steel screw, I would have just pulled it out no problem. Time is an issue, there is one weekend left for practice, I still need to get my baseline for gearing and such. I don't care much for the IDGAF attitude, after all it's $159. I can understand if he was having a bad day, no big deal. But for those expecting support from this individual, I wouldn't hold my breath.. As I've said, great communication from Ron, that is of course you don't have a product issue. Your mileage will vary. In the event that the stick is removed out of his ass and he offers assistance, I may edit this post to reflect the current status of support.

I was able to remove the screw, it was not cross threaded . The tolerance of one hole in the stator is pretty tight. The standard steel screw drops in just fine, the aluminum screws are a tad bit larger in diameter by 7 1/100ths.

Interesting enough. The newest batches of 25.5 didn't meet what was turned in for ROAR approval and they are not the same; Illegal. RR is not standing behind these either. So their now $125 paper weights.

Last edited by freebird; 05-16-2018 at 05:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-16-2018, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Its impossible to make each of my customers happy. I do my best. I responded to each and every one of this customers over 20 emails before and after the sale. I am not sure what the guy wanted me to say or do for him. If the screw is tight and it went in just fine it could be just bound up. What can I do when I am 100s of miles away?

The best part of all this is that I had to read on this forum what the result of all this was, he could not send another email to me to let me know that he got the issue resolved.... some people would rather just complain and be the victim. Its the internet!

Yes your mileage may vary but I will also do my best I can to work with someone that is reasonable when they have an issue which is more than most people will do for you in this hobby. BTW, I am on vacation responding to this instead of putting up a canned response

Ron
Old 05-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankiebones
having some issues with the 1700+ rotor on an indoor astroturf track. Current setup is a b6 17.5T, geared 78/34, can timing is 50, WTF fan keeps it cool around 110-120* after a 5 minute run, hobbywing justock XR10 and SMC 115C true spec extreme lipos, spektrum dx5r,.There is a huge neutral range on throttle to the point where i have to pull the trigger all the down just to get the thing to move. I have tried calibrating the TX, the esc, set the punch to 9, set neutral range to 6*. Nothing seems to work. Everything was real smooth and responsive before i put the HT rotor in.

Anyone use the 12.3mm rotor in a 17.5t? wondering if this is an option for me.... should i go back to stock rotor or the 1650?
we have some sponsored R1 drivers us AZ but run TC, one i asked about the 1700 rotor as a option, was told no longer available to stay with the rotor it came with which was in 1650 zone and 12.5 dia. one driver that did offroad outdoor on astro ran the 12.5 rotor too, not sure guass reading, but was rather fast with no issues.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Double ceramic bearings on site now
Old 05-16-2018, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankiebones

have you run the motor with another rotor? i guess my main question is how do you know the rotor is the culprit?

i run the 1700 in my b6, but run 26/72 gearing, timing around 50 and it's a rocket ship (high bite indoor clay/slicks).
Old 05-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freebird
Interesting enough. The newest batches of 25.5 didn't meet what was turned in for ROAR approval and they are not the same; Illegal. RR is not standing behind these either. So their now $125 paper weights.
so the very latest motors from R1wurks aren’t passing? R1wurks just told they had an issue with a 2 month batch of 25.5 ‘s not passing but the latest ones on the their site are passing! So what was the purchase date of 25.5’s not passing
idbdoug
Old 05-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug

so the very latest motors from R1wurks aren’t passing? R1wurks just told they had an issue with a 2 month batch of 25.5 ‘s not passing but the latest ones on the their site are passing! So what was the purchase date of 25.5’s not passing
idbdoug
Be nice to know, I just bought one.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
have you run the motor with another rotor? i guess my main question is how do you know the rotor is the culprit?

i run the 1700 in my b6, but run 26/72 gearing, timing around 50 and it's a rocket ship (high bite indoor clay/slicks).
i ran it with the stock rotor and had no issues. Its def fast, i just feel like there is a lag to the power, doesnt hurt me on jumps or triples as i am one of the few that can clear a triple on 17.5. It does hurt me on other areas of the track that are bit more technical, like a long straight into a turn and down a waterfall and into an s turn. Off power on the end of the straight and then 0- full power on the waterfall, very choppy through the turn. Almost feels like there is very little in between. Which maybe isnt an issue with the rotor maybe my driving. Feels like throttle is not progressive. 0 to full nothing in between.

i have tried the rpm rotor and it feels more progressive.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
we have some sponsored R1 drivers us AZ but run TC, one i asked about the 1700 rotor as a option, was told no longer available to stay with the rotor it came with which was in 1650 zone and 12.5 dia. one driver that did offroad outdoor on astro ran the 12.5 rotor too, not sure guass reading, but was rather fast with no issues.
i got one with 1704 and another with 1695 id be willing to sell, if i cant figure this out
Old 05-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What kind of support were you expecting? He offered a full refund. Nothing he did caused the problem. It's not like he can magically reach through the email client and unbind the screw right there and then.
Marcos.J and dirt42fan like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.