Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cool Can Fan Talk

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Malcom,

Have you managed to finalise any measurements for the MSX kit yet? A DCCF for that when it comes out would be awesome!

Andrew
Old 09-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

have a 3racing conversion for the TC4, just wondered if you where possibly doing one for that, looks very much like a yokomo sd one would fit, ill be at WLRC on sunday so if you have one I may get a DCCF.

cheers
Old 10-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

What do you think about air scoop ? do you think air scoop is less effective than a small fan ? Fan draws power from battery. I'm using Orion V2 motor and sometimes the solder melted over 4 minutes of hard racing

Do you plug it to receiver batt or ch.3 ? Currently I'm using ch.3 for AMB transponder.

I'm thinking to use small fan ( or air scoop ) for Xray T1FK, but I don't want to lose volts and adding weight. However, I see why not to give it a try if the benefit is there.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gazza_D
Hi Malcolm,
hope you have some spare fans... need a new one after a racing incident broke one last weekend at Snett. Will try and catch up with you at WLRC on Sat if you are there.

Measured up for the Stinger yet???? Mine will be available at some point if you need to do a bit of measuring.

Gaz
Hi Gaz and lovely lady
Sorry mate just seen this, I know ive sorted you a fan now, but would love to get my hands on that stinger of yours please
TCCFM
Old 10-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andrew Twigger
Hi Malcom,

Have you managed to finalise any measurements for the MSX kit yet? A DCCF for that when it comes out would be awesome!

Andrew
Hi Andrew
Yes we now have one for the MSX! Dave Spashet kindly let me take some measurements from his car, but will need to finalise and refine it before it will be availible on our site. But please do keep asking, but hope to have it finished and final fitting next week
TCCFM
Old 10-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mi2dude
have a 3racing conversion for the TC4, just wondered if you where possibly doing one for that, looks very much like a yokomo sd one would fit, ill be at WLRC on sunday so if you have one I may get a DCCF.

cheers
Hi,
We do produce one for the 3racing conversion TC4, and your nearly right, its the pro4 that fits perfectly and have them in stock
TCCFM
Old 10-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asw7576
What do you think about air scoop ? do you think air scoop is less effective than a small fan ? Fan draws power from battery. I'm using Orion V2 motor and sometimes the solder melted over 4 minutes of hard racing

Do you plug it to receiver batt or ch.3 ? Currently I'm using ch.3 for AMB transponder.

I'm thinking to use small fan ( or air scoop ) for Xray T1FK, but I don't want to lose volts and adding weight. However, I see why not to give it a try if the benefit is there.
Hi this is what is writen on our web site www.coolcanfan.com this should help you answeres to be met if not please dont hestate to ask away

Ok lets give you the low down on the Cool-Can-Fan kit, First of other makes of fans are of a ball bearing construction and WILL NOT work efficiently! as there make up will not allow the fan to work at its optimum because of the magnetic field within the motor. The magnets within the motor have a north and south pole divide, this is where the problem lies, as the magnets are trying to stall the fans at ALL times, I know this from experience as I had purchased a large number of the other fans myself and had to return them because of this situation. It has taken me to pattern up for each individual car a vast amount of time, so as to make sure that the fixings are correct and that there is NO drilling or filling needed as you locate the genuine carbon fibre bracket onto existing fixture points onto each individual model of car. Going back to the fan scenario, The fans we now use are far slimmer and far superior to the other cooling fans that are sold, the fans that come with the CCF are what's called a vapo make up, there are also sleeve bearing versions to, as you can see we have done our home work on this product and have sold over 700 kits to date since March 2005. They are sold all around the world including Australia :-) our fan's specifications are; 25x25x6mm (far slimmer than other makes of fan) 5 volt, variety, produce 2.2 cfm and run at a constant 11,000 rpm at a flat out running time of 1,000 hours. With regards to the clip on type of cooling fans that are available, the first thing that this product does, is to cover up the vent holes in your motor! which does not let the air circulate as the motor has been designed to do. The heat sink part of this item can move at any given time and sometimes come off in a crash. In some case even if you wanted to use a clip on fan, you couldn't, as some of the cars would not be able to be fitted to them, so this is another reason for the CCF all brackets are dedicated to each individual car, and fit precisely. There are many top team racers out there that use our CCF's Russell Williams TC4, Jason Butterfield Schumacher, Mark Burgess Schumacher, Stuart Rand Yokomo BD, Chris Kerswell Corally, Rob Baxter Pro4, and last, and not least even Dave Spashet has used our CCF and thinks it is a great product and many more to boot. So you see its not just a gimmick and a bit of bling, it does actually work, and for the money you save on brushes and not having the motor go soft on you its WORTH every penny :-)
TCCFM
Old 10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

How about the Factory Team TC4?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Hi Andrew
Yes we now have one for the MSX! Dave Spashet kindly let me take some measurements from his car, but will need to finalise and refine it before it will be availible on our site. But please do keep asking, but hope to have it finished and final fitting next week
TCCFM
Malc, excellent news
My MSX is due to arrive this week.... I'll be needing one of thoose DCCF asap

Regards
Ed
Old 10-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Hi this is what is writen on our web site www.coolcanfan.com this should help you answeres to be met if not please dont hestate to ask away

Ok lets give you the low down on the Cool-Can-Fan kit, First of other makes of fans are of a ball bearing construction and WILL NOT work efficiently! as there make up will not allow the fan to work at its optimum because of the magnetic field within the motor. The magnets within the motor have a north and south pole divide, this is where the problem lies, as the magnets are trying to stall the fans at ALL times, I know this from experience as I had purchased a large number of the other fans myself and had to return them because of this situation. It has taken me to pattern up for each individual car a vast amount of time, so as to make sure that the fixings are correct and that there is NO drilling or filling needed as you locate the genuine carbon fibre bracket onto existing fixture points onto each individual model of car. Going back to the fan scenario, The fans we now use are far slimmer and far superior to the other cooling fans that are sold, the fans that come with the CCF are what's called a vapo make up, there are also sleeve bearing versions to, as you can see we have done our home work on this product and have sold over 700 kits to date since March 2005. They are sold all around the world including Australia :-) our fan's specifications are; 25x25x6mm (far slimmer than other makes of fan) 5 volt, variety, produce 2.2 cfm and run at a constant 11,000 rpm at a flat out running time of 1,000 hours. With regards to the clip on type of cooling fans that are available, the first thing that this product does, is to cover up the vent holes in your motor! which does not let the air circulate as the motor has been designed to do. The heat sink part of this item can move at any given time and sometimes come off in a crash. In some case even if you wanted to use a clip on fan, you couldn't, as some of the cars would not be able to be fitted to them, so this is another reason for the CCF all brackets are dedicated to each individual car, and fit precisely. There are many top team racers out there that use our CCF's Russell Williams TC4, Jason Butterfield Schumacher, Mark Burgess Schumacher, Stuart Rand Yokomo BD, Chris Kerswell Corally, Rob Baxter Pro4, and last, and not least even Dave Spashet has used our CCF and thinks it is a great product and many more to boot. So you see its not just a gimmick and a bit of bling, it does actually work, and for the money you save on brushes and not having the motor go soft on you its WORTH every penny :-)
TCCFM
Hey Malc, wheres my name in that lot

Still, soooooo true, the CCF's really DO work!
I've run mine on my 415 for the best part of 6months or so, and I've never ever had a motor go soft on me yet... plus it makes the motor cool to work on after marshalling.

Ed
Old 10-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So how much does one of these run? for the BD specifically. The website doesn't give any prices
Old 10-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
So how much does one of these run? for the BD specifically. The website doesn't give any prices
Email them to get US pricing.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Email them to get US pricing.
stop stalking me don't you have gearchart.com to go fix or something
Old 10-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
stop stalking me don't you have gearchart.com to go fix or something
No I'm pretty much done with that, now all I got left to do is stalk
Old 10-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
No I'm pretty much done with that, now all I got left to do is stalk
you need a hobby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.