Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyperform Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i just bought several of your 4 cell IB 3800 and 6 cell batteries and would like to know the proper care for them. the charger i use is a duratrax ice charger and also use a novak smart try. thanks for you help.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chrisw
i just bought several of your 4 cell IB 3800 and 6 cell batteries and would like to know the proper care for them. the charger i use is a duratrax ice charger and also use a novak smart try. thanks for you help.
Prior to charging the cells for the first time, equalize them to 0.9v per cell on your smart tray. Charge the cells at 6amps until they rach 135F. You'll have to play with your chargers peak detect to get the temp right. Start with a lower setting and bump it up as needed. After your run, discharge the pack on your charger to 5.4v and store. If you are not going to use the cells for an extended period of time (say 2 weeks), place about 15 minutes of charge back into the cells. The next time you pull the cells out for use, equalize to 0.9v per cell on your smart tray and repeat the above. Let me know if you have any other questions and enjoy the fresh HP!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

For those heading to the birds this week, the team will be arriving tomorrow evening. If you want your motors zapped or built, stop on by. We will also have cells with us if you are looking for fresh HP. See you all soon!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Lino,
Good luck to you and the boys at the Birds.
Dayton
Old 02-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

tim is in second for the club race gtp stock
Old 02-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what is the thickness of the Hyperform FK05 wide upper deck? And can that work with the stock Xray 3mm carpet chassis (those holes align, the same?) and by adding 2 more rear poles? Thanks...........
Old 02-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

are you guys geting the CO27's this week ???
Old 02-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, just got back from the birds. We had a great week with multiple a-main appearences in both stock and mod. The RIP was outragious! I need to get some rest but will post a full race report soon.

1armed1-long time no hear buddy, where you been?

RS-It's 3mm thick. It works with the stock chassis except you will not be able to use the rear standoffs. The plate is so stiff, most of us don't run any standoffs.

Marc G-As far as I know, the CO27 will not be available to any tuners until the end of the month. I believe Trinity is shipping to hobby shops in their standerd and pro tuned version but the rest of us have to wait until the next shipment.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyperform Racing
Hey guys, just got back from the birds. We had a great week with multiple a-main appearences in both stock and mod. The RIP was outragious! I need to get some rest but will post a full race report soon.

1armed1-long time no hear buddy, where you been?

RS-It's 3mm thick. It works with the stock chassis except you will not be able to use the rear standoffs. The plate is so stiff, most of us don't run any standoffs.

Marc G-As far as I know, the CO27 will not be available to any tuners until the end of the month. I believe Trinity is shipping to hobby shops in their standerd and pro tuned version but the rest of us have to wait until the next shipment.

ohh okay thnxs man
Old 02-14-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Snowbirds Results

Hey guys, now that I'm well rested I'd like to take a moment to first thank all the racers who stopped by and chatted with us. Also a big thank you to those who decided to run our cells and have us tune there handouts when there were many other options at this race. It's always pleases me to see people choose Hyperform power. Also a big thanks to our team drivers who worked so hard all week and for the results they produced.

Before heading into our race report, I would like to take a moment to welcome Jari Taskila to our racing team. Jari has some impressive finishes including his win in 19t 12th at Cleveland this past year as well as his win in 19t at the Novak Race. Jari will be running our tuned motors in 2006.

We only brought 4 drivers with us to the birds this year and managed to make 4 a-main appearances and 2 b-main appearances including the Bq in sedan stock by Steven Boice. He missed the main by less then a second. Steve also made the B-main in 12th along with Jari Taskila.

Jarrod had a great week qualifying 9th in sedan stock and 2nd in sedan 19t. J-Rod had some bad luck in the mains and broke finishing 9th in stock and 8th in 19t. He managed to charge from the back of the pack in stock and made it up to 4th before clipping a board and breaking an arm.

Jari Taskila qualified 10th in sedan 19t and finished 5th. He also qualified 10th in 12th mod and finished 6th! Great job Jari and congrats on your first Mod 12th A-main at a Big E.

Great results for us considering the number of drivers we had. Can't wait for the carpet nats!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyperform Racing
Thanks Hyperform........however, I want to know, the rear standoffs is NOT required or it just cannot be used? I am using that for carpet foam of course, and on page 22......I think this pics show the plate using the rear standoffs, I want to know that is custom made or the rear standoffs hole are not align between the Hyperform upper deck and the Xray 3mm lower chassis...just need more clarification....thanks
Attached Thumbnails Hyperform Racing-hffk05.jpg  
Old 02-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Thanks Hyperform........however, I want to know, the rear standoffs is NOT required or it just cannot be used? I am using that for carpet foam of course, and on page 22......I think this pics show the plate using the rear standoffs, I want to know that is custom made or the rear standoffs hole are not align between the Hyperform upper deck and the Xray 3mm lower chassis...just need more clarification....thanks
They can't be used... They don't lign up with the stock xray chassis. If you are using the optional xray upper deck right now, our upper deck would be stiffer without any standoffs than that one is with both the rear and front standoffs...

BTW, that picture shows the standoffs with our optional chassis which is why they lign up...
Old 02-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Congrats to all of Hyperform Racing team. I was wondering how did the Tim Copp do?
Old 02-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Tim was in the C with me in 12th stock. Not sure about mod...
Old 02-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i believe 3rd in the d main in mod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.