Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyperform Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rraden
Will you be able to offer cells built up without the shrink wrap? The 3700s with shrink wrap fit too tightly in a JRXS. Without the wrap the cells fit in much better.
We can do that upon request. Not a problem...
Old 08-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JJ187RC
After a brain fart on my part last night, my Hyperform 12th scale is almost complete. I should be able to post pictures later on this evening.
Yeah, you gave me a scare last night but I'm glad you figured it out.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, Sorry about that again. That is what I get for working on my car after taking NyQuil!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Another fun night of racing at Maximus thanks to Heath! Tonight was the final race of the Summer Triple Crown Series; points were tight between the top four guys. All the Hyperform team drivers made the main qualifying 2nd, 3rd and 5th and finished 1st, 2nd and 6th overall. This left the team with the overall series win along with 3rd and 4th place.

Congrats to everyone who participated and helped to make this series as great as it was. Big thanks again to Heath for putting on an awesome show and providing us with a top notch racing facility and hobby shop.

Last edited by Hyperform Racing; 08-19-2005 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Can you shed any light on what the Hyperform FK05 carpet chassis will offer, thickness, cell location, etc.? Timeframe for availability?
Old 08-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Default fk05

Our fk05 chassis will be cut from 3mm quasi-isotropic carbon fiber. Quasi is a four directional lay-up which is very strong and very stiff in all directions including torsionally. In addition, our carbon fiber has a 65/35 carbon to resin ratio which is much better then most of the fiber used in the rc industry further adding to its strength and stiffness.

Cell location is the same as the stock chassis. The chassis will be routed 0.5mm where the bulkheads, motor mount and standoffs sit. This keeps the roll center and CG the same as the stock 2.5mm chassis. The front shock tower is designed such that no modification/sanding will be necessary to slam the body for carpet racing with foam tires.

The conversion kit will include the 3mm chassis, front and rear shock towers and a wide style top deck with the option of using four standoffs. Retail will be less then $100 dollars. Not sure on the exact cost yet but it won't be more then that.

Prototypes are being cut at the moment for the team to test for the remainder of this month and into September. If everything goes well, we should have them available by the end of September, possibly sooner.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, I just ordered my Hyperform racing 12th scale kit. Can't wait!!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Well, I just ordered my Hyperform racing 12th scale kit. Can't wait!!!!
Hey Carlos, I got your order. We'll get that shipped out to you on Monday!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

lino, nice job at maximus this weekend, congrats!
Old 08-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks Lino.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Ed, it was a fun series. Congrats to you and Jarrod also. It was cool to see us all finish at the top.

No no Carlos.... Thank you!
Old 08-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Lino whats up just wanted to congradulate you on the series win and also wanted to say that was a classy thing you did with the radio you won by giving it to a racer who realy needed it. That was a truly a very very generous act actauly you have been very generous to everyone in fact with advise on motor tuning and battery charging along with the great door prizes that you company(hyperform) provided.

Thank you very much
Jim
Old 08-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Jim! When I was a kid, I had to fund my own racing/equipment by delivering newspapers, bagging groceries etc etc. I know how tough it is and how long you have to wait to get decent equipment when you're younger. Plus my Helios is less then two months old and I'm lovin it!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

congrats to everyone, thanks to Lino for the great power you gave us all, just wish i could put mine to use for the full 5 minutes lol. The series was a ton of fun, but now its almost time for Vegas!

Ed, let me know about the regionals next weekend, i will have to rebuild my car ahead of time lol. i can call you during the week.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jarrod Langlois
congrats to everyone, thanks to Lino for the great power you gave us all, just wish i could put mine to use for the full 5 minutes lol. The series was a ton of fun, but now its almost time for Vegas!

Ed, let me know about the regionals next weekend, i will have to rebuild my car ahead of time lol. i can call you during the week.
Yeah, go out and kick butt at the paved regionals. I expect a Hyperform sedan/12th sweep between you two!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.