Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree363Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the current status of the X-Factor Certified ROAR approval? I'm not seeing the Certified part numbers on the ROAR approval list, and it exceeds the $150 price limit according to ROAR rule 8.4.4. I also see on the Trinity website stating that the Certified version is not actually BRCA approved, but it doesn't mention anything about ROAR.

One of the tracks in Australia has announced the Certified version is illegal since it doesn't appear to meet either BRCA or ROAR approval requirements.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
What's the current status of the X-Factor Certified ROAR approval? I'm not seeing the Certified part numbers on the ROAR approval list, and it exceeds the $150 price limit according to ROAR rule 8.4.4. I also see on the Trinity website stating that the Certified version is not actually BRCA approved, but it doesn't mention anything about ROAR.

One of the tracks in Australia has announced the Certified version is illegal since it doesn't appear to meet either BRCA or ROAR approval requirements.
They are ROAR legal and are $140 list price on Trinity's web site
Old 05-12-2021, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertottius
They are ROAR legal and are $140 list price on Trinity's web site
It's showing up as $164.99 when I look at it.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I can't recall Roar ever actively enforcing the $150 rule so it seems kind of stupid for a track in Australia to be doing so. We should be doing what we can to encourage people to race not putting up road blocks that the governing body that actually made, doesn't bother to enforce.
moparSRT likes this.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It's showing up as $164.99 when I look at it.
Hmm I must have been thinking of something else. My apologies. I did run one at our ROAR Natrionals and so did several others. They don't enforce it.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertottius
Hmm I must have been thinking of something else. My apologies. I did run one at our ROAR Natrionals and so did several others. They don't enforce it.
ROAR doesn't enforce charging at "1C" either

8.3.2.5.3 Li-Poly battery maximum charge rate shall be 1C. C= charge amp rate. Charge amp rate = mAh capacity/1000=XAmps.
bertottius and moparSRT like this.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The certified X-Factor is an X-Factor. It simply has cherry picked rotor and sensor board, plus ceramic bearings. It is literally no different than someone buying 100 motors and picking the best components and adding ceramic bearings. You can take the black end plate off and replace it with a blue one, and no one will be able to prove its a certified or team spec because they all meet the motor specs of the original motor.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
The certified X-Factor is an X-Factor. It simply has cherry picked rotor and sensor board, plus ceramic bearings. It is literally no different than someone buying 100 motors and picking the best components and adding ceramic bearings. You can take the black end plate off and replace it with a blue one, and no one will be able to prove its a certified or team spec because they all meet the motor specs of the original motor.
The club has ruled that if any X-Factor has the Certified end plate, alloy screws or ceramic bearings, it's not legal. I've got no idea how they'll enforce the bearing part.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The club has ruled that if any X-Factor has the Certified end plate, alloy screws or ceramic bearings, it's not legal. I've got no idea how they'll enforce the bearing part.
Sounds like being overly picky for the sake of being overly picky. If someone gets a motor tuned by Rotor Ron, that pushes the cost over this arbitrary $150 USD limit, is that illegal? Only identifiable by the sticker. So remove the sticker and now it's legal?

Until Roar enforce it, I don't see how any club stands to do any more than piss off their members by being overly draconian in the way they enforce these things.

RC in Australia is on life support as it is (at least in WA) I just don't see the benefit of disallowing based on whether a motor is certified, beyond giving someone on some club committee a bit of a power trip.
moparSRT likes this.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nexxus
Sounds like being overly picky for the sake of being overly picky. If someone gets a motor tuned by Rotor Ron, that pushes the cost over this arbitrary $150 USD limit, is that illegal?
Not according to the rules as written. If the manufacturer sells it preconfigured at that price, it's illegal. If a 3rd party charges a fee to do aftermarket tuning, that's allowed.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Not according to the rules as written. If the manufacturer sells it preconfigured at that price, it's illegal. If a 3rd party charges a fee to do aftermarket tuning, that's allowed.
If I recall Trinity use to call their tuning arm a different company and the cost of the motor was 149 and the cost of tuning or making it certified is your additional charge.

Either way, much ado about toy cars
Old 05-14-2021, 09:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Literally the only thing on a certified that you can't buy separately is the black end plate. So you can buy a $90 motor and spend another $100 on upgrade parts and performance tuning and that is legal, but you can't buy it directly from a manufacturer.
Old 05-15-2021, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Literally the only thing on a certified that you can't buy separately is the black end plate. So you can buy a $90 motor and spend another $100 on upgrade parts and performance tuning and that is legal, but you can't buy it directly from a manufacturer.
It's a stupid rule, but yes that's what it means.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just buy a certified motor and transplant on a std end plate? No longer illegal.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nexxus
Just buy a certified motor and transplant on a std end plate? No longer illegal.
Technically it would still be illegal, but there's no way for the scrutineer to know. Though according to this Aus club, you'd also need to swap in steel screws and bearings too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.