Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree363Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was told by one of the top drivers at my local track that the Monster Max 13.5T motors are soon to be removed from the ROAR approved list because a high percentage of these being tested at ROAR events are failing the test to be legal. Anyone else heard this?
Old 12-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
Got my X-Factor 25.5! Just curious if we will see a new 21.5 coming soon.....
13.5, 17.5 and 21.5 are in the works from what I understand.

A couple of my buddies picked up the new X-Factor 25.5 (for VTA) and were very impressed.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bruce_R
I was told by one of the top drivers at my local track that the Monster Max 13.5T motors are soon to be removed from the ROAR approved list because a high percentage of these being tested at ROAR events are failing the test to be legal. Anyone else heard this?
10000000% false.

EA
Antimullet likes this.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
10000000% false.

EA
Interestingly, just Today we had a "sponsored" Trinity guy on our local Facebook group claim that the 17.5 was removed as of Dec.1. So either the rumor mill is working overtime or maybe something is going on?
Old 12-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Interestingly, just Today we had a "sponsored" Trinity guy on our local Facebook group claim that the 17.5 was removed as of Dec.1. So either the rumor mill is working overtime or maybe something is going on?
He stated 13.5....not 17.5....As of today the 17.5 is still on there as well.

EA
Marcos.J and idbdoug like this.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

17.5 needs to be banned and removed from all lists along with all trinity products for changing the motor after submitted to roar... needs to be a harsh punishment for this crap
Old 12-16-2018, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default silly...

This ROAR spec motor thingy is just silly. Whoever wants to buy a slow motor? ROAR just needs to regulate speed (if they actually want to, but seriously... why bother? cos SPEC class will NEVER be spec as long as race organizers do not use a single brand or handout motor during events) via other means...

There are always other ways to regulate speed, such as using MAX RPM features of esc. This is so that esc cannot exceed a certain RPM... done deal, doesn't even matter what wind you use... motor cannot exceed that RPM for SPEC class.

For those calling out to have Trinity products be banned... ask yourself if you're willing to use motors which underperform? if not, you're in no place to call Trinity out. The business simply supplies what the market demands... strong, powerful motors.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
This ROAR spec motor thingy is just silly. Whoever wants to buy a slow motor? ROAR just needs to regulate speed (if they actually want to, but seriously... why bother? cos SPEC class will NEVER be spec as long as race organizers do not use a single brand or handout motor during events) via other means...

There are always other ways to regulate speed, such as using MAX RPM features of esc. This is so that esc cannot exceed a certain RPM... done deal, doesn't even matter what wind you use... motor cannot exceed that RPM for SPEC class.

For those calling out to have Trinity products be banned... ask yourself if you're willing to use motors which underperform? if not, you're in no place to call Trinity out. The business simply supplies what the market demands... strong, powerful motors.
The same racers calling for thinity motors to be banned are the same one who used them to win
gigaplex likes this.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

those calling out to have Trinity products be banned... ask yourself if you're willing to use motors which underperform?
Underperform... compared to what? I'd gladly run a slightly slower motor if it was the only legal option. If all I cared about was strong, powerful motors, I'd run mod.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

sir , please remove the condoms from your car please . lol
so ...ummm.... yea ... ummm
how about trinity just making a legal motor . then everyone is happy .
Old 12-17-2018, 12:00 PM
mes
Tech Elite

I might be wrong but most motors today are made in China and companies don't always have control over what leaves the factory. For example, the first series of LRP X12 stock motors were of decent quality, but afterwards there were issues with weak rotors. Trinity may have similar issues, but with too good motors instead of weak ones.
Throughout the years I've tried various manufacturer's motors, and my 24K 17.5 is still going strong. Unfortunately the X-Factor 10.5 I preordered with my hobbyshop back when the new series was announced has still not managed to cross the Atlantic. Maybe I'll settle with an LRP X22 10.5 Stock Spec if their customer service is right and they show up in the next few days.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Close to a dozen race days on the X-Factor and still loving it ...

Marcos.J and mes like this.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:58 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Are you allowed to use a larger capacitor on your esc? This might add even more punch to your set-up.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Trinity motors are top notch, but the other brands are not that far off....
Old 12-18-2018, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Are you allowed to use a larger capacitor on your esc? This might add even more punch to your set-up.
bigger cap doesnt do anything to add punch all it does it maintains the voltage (spike) from dropping from hard acceleration .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.