Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree363Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Again you are mistaken ... The wire used in at least 2 motor companies for a fact have been found to be larger than roar specified as maximum...
How more clear can it be in the rules??
Oversized by choice or by accident is still oversized.... So what does that mean ? Independant testing has found this to be truth .
And with there being a performance advantage in legal resistance (above 17.8) with larger wire it should not be aloud to be used ... I have several motors (1 purchased before Oct and several purchased after and there is a substantial performance advantage after the 2min mark in the more recent motors.... I wonder why even tho the track testable specs Havnt changed ?

To answer your first question... They can't be any more clear. After the D3.5 debacle ROAR rewrote the wire rules to have a very strict maximum wire thickness stated in mm. Before that change the maximum thickness was also stated in AWG, which Trinity used to protest the ruling on their D3.5 product because "there is some amount of variance when manufacturing wire to a specific AWG."

Old rule:
ROAR Stock Motor: Only three slot “Y” wound stators are permitted. No delta wound
or slot less stators are allowed. Only circular (round) pure copper magnet wire
permitted. The three slotted stator must be wound with 17.5 turns of 2 strands of a
maximum diameter of 20AWG or 0.813 mm per slot. The resistance for each slot of
the stator shall be tested and a minimum resistance figure will be determined upon
submittal.
8.8.2.3.2 ROAR Sup...

New Rule:
8.4.7.2.7 ROAR Spec 17.5 motor: The three slotted stator must be wound with 17.5 turns of 2 strands
of a maximum diameter of .813 mm per slot. No motor will be approved with resistance less than 35.4
milliohms* between any 2 phases of the motor (AB, AC, BC), when measured at 25C with an Instek GOM
802 milliohm meter.

Is this seriously happening again???
Old 04-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Again you are mistaken ... The wire used in at least 2 motor companies for a fact have been found to be larger than roar specified as maximum...
How more clear can it be in the rules??
Oversized by choice or by accident is still oversized.... So what does that mean ? Independant testing has found this to be truth .
And with there being a performance advantage in legal resistance (above 17.8) with larger wire it should not be aloud to be used ... I have several motors (1 purchased before Oct and several purchased after and there is a substantial performance advantage after the 2min mark in the more recent motors.... I wonder why even tho the track testable specs Havnt changed ?
And again you are not providing evidence of some widespread conspiracy to cheat. Let’s start simple. Show me a screenshot of the supposed two manufactures with oversized wire and show it to me in more than one iteration each.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
And again you are not providing evidence of some widespread conspiracy to cheat. Let’s start simple. Show me a screenshot of the supposed two manufactures with oversized wire and show it to me in more than one iteration each.
Soon my dear , besides your not affiliated with trinity or R1 or Fantom or TSR cause if you was you would already know I'm speaking the truth . but here real soon it will be put infront of everyone to see. My original question. Was more about how would this issue be handled by the company when they are officially exposed . ...which I have yet to hear from any one but TSR. ... I know exactly how the racers will handle it ... #spechandout #antitrinity j/s
Just got a shipment of motors in today actually that would ALL fail tech at any large race this yr.... And they are standard off the shelf max motors ...
Old 04-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
not to step in...but Im unaware of any of the Reedy motors not passing tech. I had 4 motors to tech that all passed, (2) 21.5's, and (2) 25.5's, and in case I went ahead and ran 17.5, ran it as well and all of them passed. Eric ran his and well as Will. It was only a handfull that ran Reedy to begin with. But all passed with no issues
No there were two reedy motors that failed ROAR tech too at the Nats.

EA
Old 04-04-2018, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Soon my dear , besides your not affiliated with trinity or R1 or Fantom or TSR cause if you was you would already know I'm speaking the truth . but here real soon it will be put infront of everyone to see. My original question. Was more about how would this issue be handled by the company when they are officially exposed . ...which I have yet to hear from any one but TSR. ... I know exactly how the racers will handle it ... #spechandout #antitrinity j/s
Just got a shipment of motors in today actually that would ALL fail tech at any large race this yr.... And they are standard off the shelf max motors ...
I tremble at the thought dearest...

Seriously I have no issues with a canned spec motor at a track and everyone runs them. It’s actually pretty darn competitive. We do it at our track.
I just want to see the actual meat of the issue concerning these alleged illegal winds to include all the manufacturers with found illegal motors.

And this crap your starting again with trinity, I honestly don’t think there is any intent with Trinity, R1, or Reedy if any of them were found to be illegal.

I think it’s a quality control issue and a result of outsourced manufacturing.

I’d like to see some things like spec motors controlled a bit better in that regard.

I’d prefer a sealed spec motor like some tracks do and be done with the drama.

These 13.5, 17.5 class and 21.5 classes are pretty ridiculous when it comes to everyone trying to gain an advantage in the motor. Takes the fun out of racing when supposedly spec racing costs more than mod. True spec should be sealed and controlled by the race director and each race should have a raffle for the motors, to be returned immediately after the race. Everything else leaves room for fiddling.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

#1 And this crap your starting again with trinity, I honestly don’t think there is any intent with Trinity, R1, or Reedy if any of them were found to be illegal.

#2 I think it’s a quality control issue and a result of outsourced manufacturing.
#1 I cant take credit for starting this issue , if the manufacturers would had not tried to get this stuff into racers hands all would be just fine.
#2 as for quality control.... i know of one situation this is intentional cause a call was made from build house to a person that has motors built at same place asking if they would like to use larger wire as the other company REQUESTED....
It will all come out ,soon im hearing ,but there are some loose ends and hurdles to jump before hand im sure....
Old 04-04-2018, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

If #2 holds true then yea, no need for that, and time for ROAR and all the top manufacturers to come up with a mutually agreeable solution.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If #2 holds true then yea, no need for that, and time for ROAR and all the top manufacturers to come up with a mutually agreeable solution.
Well, if past history is any guide the solution will involve making up some ridiculous story about the item in question being taken off the list due to "faulty brakes" and then having said company's suck-ups go on the threads to tell anyone who questions the item's legality they are "haters".

Last edited by Chaz955i; 04-04-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
[...]
Is this seriously happening again???
[...]

On a serious note, if a 17.5T D3.5 falls above 35.4ohm does that mean I can race one?
DavidNERODease and Antimullet like this.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth

On a serious note, if a 17.5T D3.5 falls above 35.4ohm does that mean I can race one?
Not if it's an event or track that follows ROAR motor rules.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by biz77
Not if it's an event or track that follows ROAR motor rules.
I would love to compare it to the new gen motors
Old 04-04-2018, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
I would love to compare it to the new gen motors
Reach out to Scirocco on here. We have some D3.5 17.5 and 13.5's. He's had them on the dyno. They are still pretty good by today's standards, but they aren't going to be competitive against the newest cream of the crop.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

correct the old big wire D3.5 was using big wire on a traditional stator design with a wide web and used about 46" of wire per coil and lowest IR I saw was like 19.0 I think
the new crop is using like 40" of wire per coil with a IR or 17.80 and now that big wire is being used again its setting the bar even higher using about 41" of wire and IR most recently are 16.9!!!
30Tooth and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks both!

@jlfx, that's more what I wanted, very thorough answer.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Have a Team Monster Max 21.5T on the way from EAMotorsports. Currently running a Motiv MC2 21.5T with a 3.9FDR.

Should I start with the same gearing or do the Trinity motors generally like a higher/lower FDR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.