Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by raving-monkey
I went to macc today and did crap.

First time with tc4 there on 15-40s i put in 22 laps but by time it came to the finals my tyres were going off and just couldn't find any grip with them so had to go to 15-40s which weren't as good.....ahh well i don't mind...i won't be going there often.
I have run CS22 premounts there, 1degree of camber all round, front one way, 0 degrees front toe, 2 degrees toe in on the rear. No kickup or antidive spaces(you know how it is on the cuda) 5 degrees caster (although i feel 3 degrees would be better), droop 4 rear, 6 front. Run about 15lbs all round, think i have a lb or two stiffer on the front but its not a big difference like associated blue/red (15/20bs i think!)would be. Thats good for a quick 24 slow 25, might add some anti dive as it tends to understeer a little bit. TQ blue used half front and full rear.
Ill have to find out what Ste uses on his TC4, hes done a 27 lapper with CS22s.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got back from the 2005 ROAR Carpet Nats...EA powered cars were all on pace to make the show in various classes, but some rough driving and a rough track cost some of the guys..and when dealing with Qual points...well you know.

The EA Motorsports 3300's were simply amazing as Mo Denton, Eli Ezrow and myself were able to run some of the fastest laps of the event in touring stock..(9.2-9.3)

Looking forward to the Reedy race and getting back to rubber tires...Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

Congrats to Mo Denton, Eli Ezrow (2nd Masters 12th) and all of the other team drivers in attendance.

P.S. Special thanks to loyal EA customer Ronald Depoto for the transportation from the airport!! Glad you had a good time and that we were able to get you some HP!!!! Hope to see you soon at another event!!

Mike A
TeamButter
Old 03-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default batteries

I agree Butter-I builtup one of the ea batteries for 4-cell and ran it the other weekend. It was stock pack, but I ran it in modified 12th scale. It pulled and pulled and even though I crashed hard a couple times-it still finished strong. Its gonna be unreal in stock 12th.

Glad to see you rubber tire guys so fast now on carpet. HOpe to see y'all again at the Halloween Classic or the US Indoor Champs next fall.

Ray
p.s. been running rubber tires on carpet -man thats hard to make fast.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Ray- Thanks for the props...rubbers on carpet are no where near as fast as foamies...make you feel like a slowpoke!!!! LOL!!

I hope I can make it up as well!!!

Butter
Old 03-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by TeamButter
Ray- Thanks for the props...rubbers on carpet are no where near as fast as foamies...make you feel like a slowpoke!!!! LOL!!

I hope I can make it up as well!!!

Butter
Especially with a 57 oz Tamiya car lol.

I am definately bringing all the Battery and EA motor I can find to motorvate that sled around the TCS race in April!!

Maybe someday I'll run the Reedy race-I'ts definately on my to do list.

Last edited by rayhuang; 03-21-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dotman - YGPM
Old 03-21-2005, 06:04 PM
ts
Tech Adept

Gotta give credit to my EA sticks and motors. Reset the track record twice in oval Sat night Oval guys love 'em too! I believe every A main car was EA powered.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by berger
I have run CS22 premounts there, 1degree of camber all round, front one way, 0 degrees front toe, 2 degrees toe in on the rear. No kickup or antidive spaces(you know how it is on the cuda) 5 degrees caster (although i feel 3 degrees would be better), droop 4 rear, 6 front. Run about 15lbs all round, think i have a lb or two stiffer on the front but its not a big difference like associated blue/red (15/20bs i think!)would be. Thats good for a quick 24 slow 25, might add some anti dive as it tends to understeer a little bit. TQ blue used half front and full rear.
Ill have to find out what Ste uses on his TC4, hes done a 27 lapper with CS22s.
Thanks for that, unfortunatley i can't go again...my dad won't take me again because the additive etc gives him real bad headaches

ahh well, i'm sure i can persuade him to take me

one corner that kept catching me out was theone after the straight (you know the little boble thing ont he end of the corner), i couldn't see it because of a post so i kept kitting it and tipping me over, i reckon that cost me a say 25 laps (i did 23 in 300.34 or something) in one heat, i lost my self around 15 secs doing all that...another lap and a bit is that.

Can you get down to halifax next monday (bank holiday monday) they got a meeting on.

Just trying to get as many electric peeps to go
Old 03-22-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dunno if i can go or not tbh be a problem getting there, would have to race modified, 3 hours to do a lap in stock At macc the best place to stand imo is right on the very far end of the drivers stand, but the posts are anoying, i dont mind the tyre additive smell, its all the smokers
Old 03-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Yeah thats where i try to stand but usually i stand in the middle because theres already somebody stood at the end.

I don't mind the smokers (my dad smokes so i guess i'm used to it) and the additve smells nice so i don't mind that either

Thats one reason why they don't race stock/spec at halifax at the nationals because its just to big for them, i will be running a 12t this monday but an 8t at the nationals.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

TTT
Old 03-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by raving-monkey
Thanks for that, unfortunatley i can't go again...my dad won't take me again because the additive etc gives him real bad headaches

ahh well, i'm sure i can persuade him to take me

one corner that kept catching me out was theone after the straight (you know the little boble thing ont he end of the corner), i couldn't see it because of a post so i kept kitting it and tipping me over, i reckon that cost me a say 25 laps (i did 23 in 300.34 or something) in one heat, i lost my self around 15 secs doing all that...another lap and a bit is that.

Can you get down to halifax next monday (bank holiday monday) they got a meeting on.

Just trying to get as many electric peeps to go
Its the wintergreen that creates the problem. All tracks that allow additive should switch to non-wintergreen types then no smell and no headaches.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Yeah i run at another club and its odorless only and no headaches or anything there.

But because of that it looks like im going to have to buy some more additive (i had to buy some TQ orange while i was at macc..ran out of LRP)
Old 03-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

TTT
Old 03-24-2005, 04:53 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys who represented EAM at the On road nats. Too bad ROAR screw's up everthing they touch!! Hate you all had so much to deal with up there.

I do have Roar Epic stocks in stock right now....and lots of em Also have the Mt Fuji handwound 19 turns that are really really good if your track allows adjustable timing 19 turns. I have the XXX Lemans standup brush in stock as well. They are really as good as Trinity advertises I think.

I still have some good batteries left as well. I will have the IB3800 the middle of April.

Also you might notice there is a link for EA's Hobbyworld....Good things are coming

Thanks!!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.