Wiki Posts
Search

Surge Worldwide

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

MCollins: In Evansville, IN......

It was just a local parking lot thing our club put on.....

We even had a full heat of Nitro MT's.....

We had them jumping some skateboard ramps...

The 10th Nitro TC's where bad azz....

A nitro TC shifting into 2nd is one of the coolest things in the RC world.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

JP- Yes we are starting to get a good group for the Brushless class. It started out that a few of us brushless guys would race with the gas trucks using the long mains. Well we are getting enough (it all depends on how many of us show up at the same time) to run our own class with an A and B main. For the Carolina Points Chase series we are running gas truck and Brushless Trucks together (Pro Truck) and we have about 7 of us BL guys running in this class for the series (we had about 38 pro trucks in the first race). So for club races we either run our own class (if we have enough show up) or we run with the gas trucks in the Pro Truck class. IT is growing here and I see more guys joining the BL class. I was running a Novak BL 5800 system, but it seemed to want to thermal a lot on me (for club races we run 20 minute mains in Pro Truck) and I had to gear it way down. I am now running a Schulze u-Force 75 and a Plett Extreme BL motor. It is a blast running electric trucks for 20 minute mains. We have been working on some rules for the BL guys in the area of pit stops to be equal to the gas guys. I am also running stock truck in the Points Chase series. I am also running the East Coast Nitro series at the Farm II, yes with my gas truck (no BL are allowed to race at the Farm II, or any electric for that matter, lol, gas only). I got your PM on the brushes, thanks. I usually run 4499's.

Mike- Can you tune me a Surge MH for off road truck? LMK. I will be getting one in the next few weeks. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

i think brushless is going to continue to grow... probably because of the sheer ease of use. no maintenance required, right? maybe we should design a surge system, what do you guys think? that would be a fun project!

Originally posted by Doug T
JP- Yes we are starting to get a good group for the Brushless class. It started out that a few of us brushless guys would race with the gas trucks using the long mains. Well we are getting enough (it all depends on how many of us show up at the same time) to run our own class with an A and B main. For the Carolina Points Chase series we are running gas truck and Brushless Trucks together (Pro Truck) and we have about 7 of us BL guys running in this class for the series (we had about 38 pro trucks in the first race). So for club races we either run our own class (if we have enough show up) or we run with the gas trucks in the Pro Truck class. IT is growing here and I see more guys joining the BL class. I was running a Novak BL 5800 system, but it seemed to want to thermal a lot on me (for club races we run 20 minute mains in Pro Truck) and I had to gear it way down. I am now running a Schulze u-Force 75 and a Plett Extreme BL motor. It is a blast running electric trucks for 20 minute mains. We have been working on some rules for the BL guys in the area of pit stops to be equal to the gas guys. I am also running stock truck in the Points Chase series. I am also running the East Coast Nitro series at the Farm II, yes with my gas truck (no BL are allowed to race at the Farm II, or any electric for that matter, lol, gas only). I got your PM on the brushes, thanks. I usually run 4499's.

Mike- Can you tune me a Surge MH for off road truck? LMK. I will be getting one in the next few weeks. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

JP- That sounds good to me Surge BL . It is soooo easy to maintain the BL system, just oil the bearings every month or so, that's it. I don't mind tuning a brushed motor, but with mod cutting the comm and replacing brushes every 2 runs gets old. I still like to tinker with stock motors though.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BRUSHLESS! What good would be TurboDyno be then!#@!$ Shame on you, Doug!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by ghuber
BRUSHLESS! What good would be TurboDyno be then!#@!$ Shame on you, Doug!
But then you could have JP on a mission for a good brusless dyno!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Mike, whats up? Are you and the gang coming down to the race in Jackson next month? One of your teammates down our way wanted to try and get ahold of ya if you are and see what type of hotel plans you guys have.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rcracingkid
But then you could have JP on a mission for a good brusless dyno!
Project or no project... To me, brushless motors for R/C cars sorta seems like an electric motor in a Nascar stock car... Just isn't right!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I agree Gary it seems like everything else people want results without the work or experience it takes to know how to tune a motor.

Steve eaves
Old 05-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Gary, as soon as you can give Lou at Zeppelin a call. I can't find the paper with your number............WAYNE
Old 05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastasu2
Hey Mike, whats up? Are you and the gang coming down to the race in Jackson next month? One of your teammates down our way wanted to try and get ahold of ya if you are and see what type of hotel plans you guys have.
Yea im planning to attend...please have him throw me an email [email protected] . Not sure about hotel plans at all at this point.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Gary, your stuff went out today.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Monte Hess
Hey Monte can you do one for me too?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Monte Hess
Sweeeeeeeeeeet! Your stuff came in yesterday.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Gary ygpm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.