Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Day off, what is that???
Old 04-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

And yes, it was me. I actually talked to the other guy and if we can both unload some of our slightly used batteries at this Sunday's race we will be ordering 8 packs and a new battery box apiece.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Initiate

promatchrcr - How much is it to have the packs assembled? This was my first shot at making my own packs and besides for the little mess-up I must say that I was very impressed with myself!

Is there an advantage to having them pre-assembled other than the time savings? Do most customers of Promatch have them assembled?

Thanks
Jeff

**edit** Oops I just read the post above about cost of assembly!
Old 04-30-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

no problem...
Old 04-30-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Promatchrcr - Wassuppppppppp
Old 04-30-2004, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

what's happening man? YEA!!!! It's Friday!!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

PMRGirl - Yeah its tough living on the beach here in the "Sunshine (raining today) State" of FLA !!!!!...You guys going to get to go to the Mod Nats in New Mexcio ???....I get there on the 7th of June...I think....there from the 11th to the 13th.....No store around here still hasnt got the issue of Extreme I want...Sorry about my luck......Speak to you soon...L8R...

Rule of the Day: Dont ever date the daughter of guy you club race with...

-EG
Old 04-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

promatchrcr
Is there a problem with some one who takes a pack of matched cell & then puts them on there turbo 30 to see how close the numbers are to the ones on the labels, ie the said person was supplied with batt that wre 1.165+ 418 sec he then done the deed on he`s turbo 30, they then showed on his display,labels,screen, 1.40+ 370sec
Q) Is this a good way & sound way to tell if the cells are as good or bad as the label on cell show`s from matcher?
Old 04-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

MR JOLLY,

A couple of things to think about. The Turbo 30 is an older C.E. machine. When was the last time it was sent back to C.E. to get recalibrated? If you soldered the packs together yourself, are the solder joints complete; did you overheat any of the cells when soldering? Also, brand-new packs need a few runs through to get up to speed. Run the packs a few times, in your car under race conditions and then check them again.

Hope these ideas and questions help you to find the answers you're looking for.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

jjmudd is all over it! The WORST thing to do is cycle the packs on a charger befroe they get some runs on them. I try and tell everyone to run them at least 5-6 runs before cycling them to check the numbers. Trust me if you do this then 99% of the time the numbers will be different....they will get better than the labels say! jjmudd makes a good point on the t30 as well. I had an older t30 not long ago and tried the new vs. old theory. I cycled a pack on my T35 GFX and then cycled it a week later on my T30 and the numbers were WAAAYYYYY off (lower) from the new charger. Hope all this answers your questons.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

promatchrcr
just found out that he was supplied the box did not build the pack up, so he must of done them as seperate cells, so they were brand new not charged & raced & kept loose
Old 04-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Mr Jolly,

I currently have a Turbo 30 and it always shows low numbers when cycling. I can turn around and cycle on a newer Turbo 35 and the numbers will be very close to the labels. However, I will say I've never had mine as far off as you're seeing. Do you know if the IR leads were hooked up correctly when the cycle was done?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

the story goes like this (every one comfortable)
once upon a time oh sod it! This bloke comes into heaths models in essex, this man says he`s been doing cells for electric boat people & so he thought he will have a go at car racers using a turbo 30 (few years old) he even said it may need upgrading! so he starts to bring he`s own cells in, the shop is selling the batts i am bringing from USA matchers, he has slated the following from the uk which are,tj cells,dakspeed, he does the figure check & he say they are way out(lower) he then goes to heath models sees my cells i am bringing in & he does the same scenario & low behold my ones are way out (according to him) but the matchers i am using have got turbo 35(i have no experience with these big things) so i can`t say if he`s doing it right or wrong, i do now the american racers like it big(alot of you have one just laying around somewhere) so i had a bit of doubt put in my head cause of this about the battery figures, CS RACING only want to give the uk racers good high performance batteries at low prices compared to what we get know, i need answers so when a uk racer or shop owner ask me for advice or clarifacation on a product that i am supplying to the racers in the uk i have the answers
Old 05-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

please don`t asume that the batts with figures way out are promatch cause it`s on this thread. The real reason is because i have built a little relationship up with promatchrcr i new he would be helpful. Also the shop owner imports another company & them cells where way off aswell(according to this local guy)
Q)should i take any notice of this guy?
I actually race with all the cells(1 of each) & i have the results to prove that there is no problem on track
Old 05-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing.....especially if several are like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.