Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Pro-match Batteries

YES,PRO-MATCH BATTERIES ARE THE ONLY BATTERY YOU CAN COUNT ON FOR TRUE NUMBERS AND QUALITY, NOBODY DOES IT BETTER AND THAT IS A FACT ,THERE ALSO BACKED WITH A 100% GUARANTEE.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

I been buying batteries from Jeff since he opened his doors. Yes! He was good batteries for a good price. But he has lost my business to Fukuyama Racing... They have good batteries at a good price too.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

akrcracer: Glad you like them!!

RC Doctor: So what made you change? just curious
Old 11-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

PROMATCHRACER,YOU MIXED US UP ,I BACK PRO MATCH FOR LIFE!
Old 11-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

You know, this is a very biased thread. I would really like to hear some valid reasons for purchasing pro-match batteries over, say, team scream, or any other matcher for that matter. Personal opinions usually are just that, and I do not use them to make a purchase. So, convince me I should buy pro-match batteries.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

who is team scream? well compared to some companies such as trinity or orion were you dont even get a chance to see numbers available at other matchers because they all go to team drivers,the trinity's top pack on the sales floor sell for near $100 or more and they are 1.16 at best you really can be fooled by false numbers,pro-match doent advertise if it's stuff they cant get. i'll look into team scream's stuff i'm not trying to be rude, just trying to voice and opinion nothing more.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I own about four packs of Promatch batteries. very happy with them. I just bought a pack of Fukuyama batteries with about the same #'s I will let you know how they do this weekend. Do have a question though. I notice that my Promatch batteries are a dull red & the Fukuyama are green & orange. Is there a differance?
Thanks MJ
Old 11-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

I was wondering the same chef about cell color? I know this much. FUKUYAMA Cells are just plain fast.... Reason I switched I was able to get top numbers right out of the gate with Fukuyama. Last couple of years I haven't been able to get high number cells from Jeff. But then things may have changed since Jeff has plenty of cells now? I really miss his motors too...
Old 11-07-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Yeah RCDOCTOR I did, LOL, note to self: don’t try and respond to this stuff when someone is talking to you. LOL

OK, as for color the Orange/Green cells they are direct from GP that’s what the cells from Pro Match will be if you order from them now. The "dull red" is the shrink from another company that imports cells and sells to matchers all over the country(Trinity). What this means is Pro Match is a now an OEM supplier. They import cells direct from GP just like Trinity and sells to other matchers. The picture on the website that Jeff has is just not up to date. (but I will point that out to him) Anyway he has now gone around the big "E" to get cells that have not been picked through by Trinity before going out to the other matchers around the country.

Chef088: The things that should make someone want to run Pro Match cells are

1)They have the best warranty/guarantee in the business(many have tried to copy)

2)Jeff is the most straight forward and honest guy I have dealt with. He will not BS you on what he does. If he has it you can get it. He won't try and sell you something you don't want.

3) No gimmicks! Pro Match doesn't need to have low ball pricing or sales gimmicks. They have the best product available for the money and stand behind it like no one else. That of course is why we say "No one does it better"

Not to mention they are WICKED FAST!

And just for the record.... YES Pro Match has an abundance of cells now.

AKRACER: If Fukuyama has it then I can assure you that Pro Match does as well. When Jeff buys in the extremely large quantity that he does then the stock stays up. The reason in the past he had trouble getting batteries and having stock is Trinity would drag their feet shipping cells out to the matchers. Not the case now they are out of the picture. Hope this clears up some questions that were asked.

Unfortunately the motors are gone. The battery aspect has gotten so big he sold the motr division. He is not only matching and selling to racers he is selling to other matchers now as well. Some you know very well.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Promatch motors

FYI: Promatch turned their motor building/tuning over to www.mdiracing.com, they are now known as fast forward racing motors.
I loved the Promatch motors as well, The Fast forward motors are just as good, if not better! For me this move was a bonus since MDI is 10 min away.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

hobbipro: thanks! I forgot to add that. Yeah I haven't tried them since they took it over but I would think they would be very good.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:56 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

ProMatch Racing is first class. I have watched Jeff over the years, never a bad word about him. I have toured their shop, very impressive. They have over 75 Turbo Matchers running almost all the time. I have checked their numbers several times and they are right on (I have 3 Turbo Matcher 4/35's). Many other matcher's numbers are way off. Their batteries are great, their prices are right, and they stand behind their product. I also miss their motors.
john
Old 11-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Glad you have had good experiences!! Thanks for the props!

Jay
Old 11-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

I can vouch for Promatch packs being great and Jeff is a great guy.

I have tried Fukuyama Packs, Promatch Packs, ZX Racing Packs, and Sandhill Packs.

They all had about the same numbers on them, 1.178 on the Fukuyama Pack, 1.177 on the Promatch Pack, 1.178 on the ZX Racing pack, and 1.173 on the Sandhill Pack. All are 409-413 seconds.

Out of the bunch there was no clear winner. The Sandhill pack was not as good.....no punch and felt flat. The Promatch, ZX Racing and Fukuyama Packs all had the same punch and none were clearly faster then the others.

Right now there are a lot of matchers out there that can give you the cells that you want. You just have to pick a matcher. You get Shrink Wrap with the Promatch packs and Fukuyama Packs. You get Battery Bars and Shrink Wrap with the ZX Racing Packs.

Whoever you chose I am sure you will get what you expect. Now you do not have to worry about where you buy your packs since they all perform the same. I am running the same laptimes as I am with all my packs from different matchers now. Buy from someone you trust and gives the best deals.

Just my $.02

Last edited by mike_Webb; 11-07-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

promatch stuff is the shizzle.i have three promatch 3300's and the volatage is nothing short of AMAZING!!i would put my "bought off the shelf" promatch packs against anybody else's packs!! just wish i had some promatch stickies to put on my ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.