Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default bmi

the battery straps I got will not work with the stock battery hold downs and where can I get the stuff to fix steering
Old 12-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: bmi

Originally posted by IBARACER
the battery straps I got will not work with the stock battery hold downs and where can I get the stuff to fix steering
IB,
You will have to buy the parts that fit the T1FK or EVO 2. There are links for a couple of retailers a couple of pages back. Also check www.stormerhobbies.com, www.speedtechrc.com, www.kthobbies.com. You can get the part numbers from www.teamxray.com. But you will still have to make some adjustments to the parts when you get them. The round balls on the bracket would not fit into the BMI battery straps. I had to take a knife and carve out a little of the plastic spacer, lube it up, and use a big pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze it in. It was not easy and watch out for flying battery brackets. I still have not found the one that went flying.

Last edited by jlrogers; 12-15-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:38 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

IBARACER....................... I know for a fact that superior hobbies in orlando florida has the complete battery straps in stock . They are offering free shipping untill january. As for the bearring inserts you need , i dont think they will be easy to find right now. If you cant find them , let me know. I might sell the spare pair i have.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't know if they sell that insert by itself. I'll look for a part # tomorrow morning.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default thanks

thanks to all I found it thanks for all your help
Old 12-15-2004, 07:59 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey Jason...Looking forward to the new Mi2 chassis

I also have another new project to talk about....Give me a call tomorrow when you finally get a sec
Old 12-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IBARACER-The part you are looking for is in fact sold by itself. I've bought them before.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

About rubber tire and the BMI 350 chassis, I have now done a lot of testing and finally I have got more steering again by adding kick-up in the front, moving the dampers to the outer holes, and I have also given it less downstop.

Great chassis, it's ultra stiff, and since the battery's are placed a little more to the center of the car, I also think I have got more corner speed !

Now I'm really happy with it !

I'm looking forward to DHI cup with it now !
Old 12-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Chassis weight comparison.....

Does anyone know the weight difference between the the BMI 350 chassis, shock towers, top deck, and battery straps compared to the stock FK stuff? At this point my car weighs in at 3.12 lbs. w/ the stock stuff and Roar minimum weigh in is 3.2 lbs(3 quarters does the trick). I know the BMI set-up will out perform the stock set-up on carpet anyday, but i'm just curious to know the difference in weight. Thanks
Old 12-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Jamie, I had to add 1/2 oz wt. to my 350. RTR Novak rec,Q2,ect.
Your right too the 350 is far above the rest.Mine is great.
The craftmanship is in a class of his own

Jason, By the way I got 3 racedays on that chassie you sent me and am very impressed.I was happy with my BMI TC3 but this X-Ray 350 by far is Diled.

Also wanted to say I had a good weekend this past Sunday finishing 3rd in the Trinity ORL race in PA. I finished behind well know drivers,Jeff Cuffs (BMI X-Ray) 1st and Jason Schfler(Snowbirds winner)2nd
Old 12-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Jason and Stephen- thanks for the b-day wishes! sorry I missed it, too! I caught a cold and ended up not racing and slept all day. Oh well, there's always next year
Old 12-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Racer_Chick
Jason and Stephen- thanks for the b-day wishes! sorry I missed it, too! I caught a cold and ended up not racing and slept all day. Oh well, there's always next year
Happy Belated from me too!!
Old 12-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Chassis weight comparison.....

Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
Does anyone know the weight difference between the the BMI 350 chassis, shock towers, top deck, and battery straps compared to the stock FK stuff? At this point my car weighs in at 3.12 lbs. w/ the stock stuff and Roar minimum weigh in is 3.2 lbs(3 quarters does the trick). I know the BMI set-up will out perform the stock set-up on carpet anyday, but i'm just curious to know the difference in weight. Thanks
Jamie, I weighed the BMI parts I received yesterday (battery straps, upper & lower 350, and frt/rear towers) 133g. The FK (same parts) 99g.

Originally posted by Tor Erik
About rubber tire and the BMI 350 chassis, I have now done a lot of testing and finally I have got more steering again by adding kick-up in the front, moving the dampers to the outer holes, and I have also given it less downstop.
Tor Erik, are you running on asphalt/bumpy carpet and are you running the BMI Towers? If you want to gain more steering back, kill the kick-up (unless your track isn't flat) and put about 1-2mm shims under the camberlinks on the Chubs front and back.

The BMI Shock Tower's camber link holes are about 1-1.5mm higher than the stock FK's hole positions. Make sure if you run shims on the hubs, don't forget to use screws that are 1-2mm longer. Cause if you get hit in the side, screw will strip out of the plastic.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey ray, are you setting up the split chassis just for mod, or 19t as well?
Old 12-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by theisgroup
hey ray, are you setting up the split chassis just for mod, or 19t as well?
Well-its funny you said that. I spent last night bilding up my split cell chassis so now I can drop the Split out-unplug just the Servo and PT and then put the 350 chassis back on-plug in the servo and PT and DONE!!! Both chassis plates are ready to go with ballast, ESC, bumpers, wire clips, etc......

If I get even more industrious--I can also build up my BMI battery bars and have battery baraces on boht cars too.

And now both are programmed in my radio. The BIG BAD in all this-rewiring all my batteries for the split chassis-AAArrgghhhhhh.....

But-to answer your question-I think that I will run the Split in 19t and modified and if I run stock-I have a decent stock/split cell set-up I can put on it too. Wont matter-I'll still beat the same guys I do-and lose to the same guys I always do too

Ray
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-xraysplitsatin.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.