Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:05 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Today was a light turn out due to the snowbirds , but i wont complain ....... Tq'd the first round , then beat that time in the second round , then took 1st in the pro stock main. This car is awesome even in the cold (atleast florida cold )
Old 02-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Wow!!!!!!!!! LET me guess ...........................Gary must not have been there either, me and Joe B. had bets that Gary would win!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

I'm home now, and pretty dissapointed too.

In stock I qualified 2nd in the F (that sucked) and worse was that the track underwood warped b/c the cold and it was like offroad, and I ended up last in the F (or maybe second too last). In 19t sportsman In the last qual I was on pace to get just barely in the A but (always a but) with three laps to go my rear belt snapped and I still had 25 laps but it was a really slow 25 (I think the slowest 25 lap run) so that put me 6th in the C and it was pretty brutal but I still managed a 4th.

Had lots of fun, and the car handeled great but I struggeled with speed all week. (next year i'm going to run mod so I don't have to worry about that)

Jason I sent you a pm.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jason sorry to hear about your accident, hope you'll be back racing soon!!! We just got back from the birds had a great time but very little sleep. See you soon.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:55 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Wow we fell off the front page. Everyone must be racing this weekend at the Birds this weekend.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by N4S
Keep your eye on stephen there true rc......... He will look out to lunch in qualifing sometimes and then lap you twice in the main Funny how he does that. He needs to find his set up , like jason said , we dont get to run on the rug all that much , but when he finds it he will be quick. Did someone say BUELL ?????????
It was true hes Pretty quick man. better than I but i did Pretty decent. Only like 3 laps down than the fast people And i had driving problems. Also was my 1st time with a setup on carpet. But i was quicker than any of my pit crew people. I am happy now. I baught like 5 different set of tires and Cyan and Magenta Seem the best for Xray. Until next year.
-Ariel Vittini
Old 02-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ouch ouch ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this sucks,i hate being beat up
Old 02-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i guess it could have been worse,the 15,000 lbs. press brake could have landed on me instead of just hitting me.i got pretty lucky i guess
Old 02-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hey pro!!

Originally posted by protc3
i guess it could have been worse,the 15,000 lbs. press brake could have landed on me instead of just hitting me.i got pretty lucky i guess
glad you doing better I know just how a bad knee feels .. Ive got my problems with the knee too.. hope you get better fast .. ...and that it wasnt your right knee..hehe cant push the gas pedal in the vette too well....
maybe just keep you under the speed limit for a while..
Old 02-09-2004, 08:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Now its picking up in here.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Its alwayse a slow week in here when a big race is on accept for the race thread. Congratulations to all the BMI guys who ran at the birds. I cant wait to put mine in the winners circle. Take care of that knee Jason ya got to use that for a while yet.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

That is true. I think half the r/c racers in the country where their. They seem to get enough guys that they could split the race into two. An oval weekend and a touring car weekend. Not sure if it would work but I think it could.

Can't wait to run my BMI TC3 again. I still have the ice on my car to keep the swelling down from the beating it took this weekend. I will check it this afternoon and see if it has healed up. I know I broke my bumper brace ( ) but I think without it I would have broken alot more stuff. I'm ordering a new one from Jason when he gets it done.

Jason if it is your right knee maybe you dan't drive the Vette but you can still shift gears on the bike (left foot) and since you don't really need to use the rear brake to stop a bike you could still be out having some fun.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi everyone:

not much going on up here.just snow and the flu.......... I hate winter time. I haven;t talked to Jaosn yet this week but plan on calling him today........after we get the water heater replaced... it also blew because of the cold. we got to go swimming last night in our basement.
on the racing front I have the graphite front carpet tower for the Xray. works alot better then the other one.did. I will be sending it to Jason along with the rear ultra tune rear shock tower. also got some 6* "C" hubs to send along for Jason to play with.

do to Mini being sick we didn't go racing this weekend but are planning to go this weekend and run the Xray again.
so far it has been fast enough to make the A main but Mini is still getting used to it so he hasn't put any TQ runs in yet.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

How did the BMI's do at teh snowbirds?

thanks
Old 02-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

will BMI make a chassis conversion for yokomo SD??
Old 02-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, have you seen this review?

http://www.overrc.com/techniques/reg...mi/tc3bmi1.htm

It's in French, but you can translate it will Google or Babblefish. I personally still found it hard to read! But you can get the idea... And since I've been considering doing my BMI up in black and silver, I was very interested to see these pictures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.