Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am interested in getting 2 cube cells, or whatever they are called for practice packs. How can I go about doing this and what are the prices?
Old 02-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dan

YGPM!

Regards,
Peter

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
That's a good question, and a question I've been asked many times. LOL

Althought we've tested just about every single type and brand of higher then 3300mah cells. I have not yet decided to carry them simply because our biggest market is still the USA market. As soon as ROAR approves them, I'm sure you'll also see Fukuyama Racing labels on some of them.

So far, we've tested GP3700, was the first USA matcher to test out the Intellect Batteries 3600, and currently testing the Sanyo's as well. We've found that these batteries have one thing in common, VOLTAGE and Runtimes seems to be on par with each other. But given the better cells on the good ol' GP3300, there just aren't enough reason to spend the extra money on these latest NON-ROAR approved cells yet. Currently, there is one more battery manufacturer who has similar characterisitic <sp?> yet at a fraction of the cost and willing to work with our engineer on further improvements.. If that came out, I'd be afraid to have other competitors suffer from cost issues.

So basically, we are still withholding our options for future marketing and technologies.. Please stay tuned ^^

Dan
Old 02-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default 6 month old "new" packs

Hi All,

I got some Fukuyama packs that I bought about 6 months ago. I only started to assemble them last week after coming out of winter hibernation. Is there any special charging technique to "wake" them up? I just used the suggested 6.0A/0.5mv parameter a couple of times. My charger is a CDC 6.0/B. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just charge them like normal. The first run or two may feel a little flat. These cells do tend to get better once they've been run a couple times. You may want to run them as practice packs for the first run.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Need to get this back to the top!!

Good luck everyone at the snowbirds in the mains tomorrow. Stephen, bring home the win in the B main buddy. Competition is so tight down there. One lap seperates 1 through 40 people!!

Ran my RDX tonight........LOVE IT!! I'm glad I got mine already...with the showing the RDX is getting at the snowbirds, I think they'll be out of stock very soon..

Dan - I'll give you a call this week buddy!

Everyone have a great rest of the weekend and thanks for all your support of Fukuyama Racing!

John
Old 02-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dan, I got my package in this week. Thanks for the great cells. Just can't wait until I can get back to the track. If it stops raining around here that is. When did I move to Seattle
Old 02-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: 6 month old "new" packs

Originally posted by purplepro3
Hi All,

I got some Fukuyama packs that I bought about 6 months ago. I only started to assemble them last week after coming out of winter hibernation. Is there any special charging technique to "wake" them up? I just used the suggested 6.0A/0.5mv parameter a couple of times. My charger is a CDC 6.0/B. Thanks.
do you know the setting that you have is set at 6 cells drop it back to 5 or even 4 and that will wake them up after they have woking up put your setting back to normal my mate does it like that and it works
Old 02-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: 6 month old "new" packs

Originally posted by Xu1-235
do you know the setting that you have is set at 6 cells drop it back to 5 or even 4 and that will wake them up after they have woking up put your setting back to normal my mate does it like that and it works
What is the effect of setting it at 5 cells? I think that will false peak since the charger will be "looking" at a lower voltage will prematurely be reached by 6 cells. Thoughts?????
Old 02-14-2005, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Another Successful Club Race down at my Local Hobby Track (willis hobbies) i was able to take first in the A main 12th scale. The packs were running awesome! i had one pack that i never used and decided to make a run with it during my 3rd qualifer it charged up to 4032mAH, lol. But consistently i am getting my 4 cell fukus up to 3400-3600 almost every charge. Still running great.
Jon
Old 02-14-2005, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome Jon - Congratz on your finish and thanks for your support

JF
Old 02-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Awesome Jon - Congratz on your finish and thanks for your support

JF
Thanks, i always got support for my boys at Fukuyama. Its the only cells i buy!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

That's what we like to hear!!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just received the parcel!

Looking forward to assemble the batteries!

Thank you

Nick
Old 02-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default !!!!

Hey Guys,
The field this year was incredibly tight, our B-main was separated by only 2 seconds, and the top 4 by 8 tenths. I had a good car all weekend and finally was on a 5th place A-main run in the 3rd round of qualifying but a slight brain fart cost me the run. I was sitting on the bubble instead. I held on to the bubble for a round but Peter had an absolutely amazing run and knocked Cuffs off for TQ which dropped me back. I had a holeshot starting 3rd in the B and got underneath Dobbs in the sweeper. I was crunched into the boards and the cars toe in got knocked out of place. I could hardly drive the car it was drifting so bad so I had to pull it. The expert 19t car I had was blazing fast after I got some help from Ciccarello. I was on a 30 lap 5:05 pace in the 3rd run, If I would have finished it would have put me in the bottom of the B!!!! I was running around the chicane and all of a sudden the wheel gained about 30 degrees of camber.........the screw for the c hub fell out and I didn't even touch anything lol. It was overall a good weekend with some badluck, Just have to keep on trying as stock is one fo the most competitive forms of racing there is. The batteries had a ton of punch all weekend long, I was never out motored by anyone.
I hope I can make the carpet nats or upcoming reedy race, both are up in the air.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Turbo35

Can someone explain turboflex? Is it wise to use it? I knwo this is the Fukukyama battery thread. I am asking here because I want opinion of the people who use these batteries.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.