Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

can't wait for the new saddle pack.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Joe,

Good to see the ORION thread...

Have the NEW 3400 LIPOs been released yet?

I was looking for data on these the other day to compare to the 3200's, but I didn't find any anywhere.

As you know, our series has been using the ORION 3200's exclusively, and I hope to stay with ORION in the future, but SMC just released their 3200's and are trying to move into the oval LIPO market.

Is there any comparison data for

Voltage Output
Run Time
Size
Weight

between the 3200's and the 3400's available yet?

Thanks

Joe Myers
South-West Tour R/C Oval Series
www.southwesttour.com
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SWTour
Hi Joe,

Good to see the ORION thread...

Have the NEW 3400 LIPOs been released yet?

I was looking for data on these the other day to compare to the 3200's, but I didn't find any anywhere.

As you know, our series has been using the ORION 3200's exclusively, and I hope to stay with ORION in the future, but SMC just released their 3200's and are trying to move into the oval LIPO market.

Is there any comparison data for

Voltage Output
Run Time
Size
Weight

between the 3200's and the 3400's available yet?

Thanks

Joe Myers
South-West Tour R/C Oval Series
www.southwesttour.com
Hi Joe,

We just received the new 3400's here in the US a few days ago and they have already started shipping to all major distributors.

The 3400's use the same case as the 3200. When we originally made the 3200 case, we made it a little bigger than we needed because eventually we knew that we would come out with another battery with slightly more runtime. The 3400 is rated at 25C, the 3200 was rated at 20C. This case design and capacity has been one of our best sellers because it fits in basically every car configuration from Touring Car to Off-Road.

Thanks,
JP
Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Pillars
We have actually been working on a hard case li-po saddle pack battery. We havent really had a huge demand for them as of yet. Now that most of the 4wd cars use this type of configuration, we will have to get something done soon. No release date has been set as of yet. Thanks for your question!
any idea on other info? size? mah? c-rating?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Joe,

I noticed on your website that you have NiMH SHO High Volt (HV) cells and SHO Team cells. What is the difference in the performance of these two type?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

So is that whats been reported correct that the new 1/10 speedo will be a HobbyWing similar to the Speed Passion GT? Thanks.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jake S
any idea on other info? size? mah? c-rating?
Right now we are working on getting the most MAH while still having it fit in a hard case and fit in the car without any modifications. With the split pack design, it makes things a little more difficult. We will post on our site as soon as we have an expected date.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ATLdriver
Joe,

I noticed on your website that you have NiMH SHO High Volt (HV) cells and SHO Team cells. What is the difference in the performance of these two type?
The HV packs tend to have a little less runtime than the Team packs, but the Voltage is high.

The HV packs were originally made for spec classes where you didnt need all the runtime of a Team pack, just the Voltage.

The Team packs come with our best of both worlds with high Runtime and Voltage.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jla8874
So is that whats been reported correct that the new 1/10 speedo will be a HobbyWing similar to the Speed Passion GT? Thanks.
Our new Pro ESC is made by KO. We have tested them allot in both on-road/off-road and they are awesome. They are very easy to set-up and program!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Couple quick questions...and not about saddle packs

I've read the specs on the new Platinum Two - but the only change appears to be an additional 200mah. Will there be a higher capacity "Race Spec" pack like a 5000mah 25C or 30C to be a direct competitor to the SMC 5000mah 28C packs? I just ordered a 3800mah 30C from you guys to replace my Platinum 4800mah (will still be a good practice pack with lots of runtime).

Second, I have been watching your site for news on release of the Advantage Race Spec charger (with balancing) ORI30127 and it just says Summer 2008 - any update on availability? Still love my Advantage Advanced Charger but with a few older Orion Packs I still have I'd like to upgrade to a couple of these so I can rebalance them as needed.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I see some team drivers are using the older style brushless motors instead of the new style. Any reason for this? I've found my new style 10.5 to be a little bit underpowered compared to its competition. is there something I should try with the timing to give it a little more gusto?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I see some team drivers are using the older style brushless motors instead of the new style. Any reason for this? I've found my new style 10.5 to be a little bit underpowered compared to its competition. is there something I should try with the timing to give it a little more gusto?
Timing?
FDR?
5 Min. Temp?
Size track?
Speedo?
Speedo settings?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Regarding the Vortex 2008 Race BL Motors

Is it possible to get the kv rating for each of these motors? & some additional information about them, what size bearings, rotor size, etc...
Old 07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Im running the old 10.5s but I will be ordering the new ones before the Nationals. I run the new 17.5s and they feel super fast. The powerband on the newer motors seems alot smoother, which is probably why it feels a little slower and not as punchy.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

I run my new Vortex 10.5 with 2 degrees advanced timing with a GTB and 3600 LiPO. Honestly, without more info, it would be difficult to tell you to gear up or change the timing. Also, battery's play a very important role in your motors. If they are up to spec, I don't for-see a problem getting speed out of your 10.5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.