Search
Like Tree1Likes

Team Orion

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
But, I'll be there with my Orion 17.5 in GT10 lipo.

Got any trick parts for me? Do you have bearings for these puppies?
I have some bodies and tires for the GT......Just sitting here collecting dust. I guess Mo will come get them when he's ready to run the class.....
Old 01-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So I had about my worst day at the track in a long time. Second pack in something starts to bind and i find the screws on my Turbo hub are hitting the tranny screws took my e while to figure that out. The real fun happened next I come off a jump and my car comes to a stop but has sterring. Marshall gets to it and it is smoking! Turn it off and find that the sensor plug has come out. It takes me while put i get it plugged back in but still nothing but more smoke. I get it home in the light and something got tweeked enough that hen i plugged it back in i bent a pin. Now it runs but it feels bound up. Today as the first time i ran this motor so have i already killed it. It is one of the newest Orion 17.5s by the way.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Race number one is in the books. The motor and batteries were up to the task at hand. We had some heavy hitters at the track this weekend and still managed to drive a very good race. Over the last month or so I've watched people bench race C ratings before even running a certain brand. There were quite a few different brands being run this weekend and guys heating up their lipo's and here I was just regular charging my 3800's and doing just fine. The new motor held it's own in the highly competetive 13.5 class. I believe that I've found the sweet spot for the motor and can't wait to get back out there for a little more testing. I turned a few heads this weekend and look to turn even more once I get all of My new Orion goodies. Orion does carry servo's and I hope to have one of them very soon.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Old 01-21-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

The team guys are running new profiles. There is nothing wrong with the stock ones, but I guess Jared and Pillars were tweaking and came up with something good. I got it on my ESC's now, but I didn't get a chance to write down the profile (and don't have the software yet to look it up. Hopefully I will get the software (Kyosho America sells it now) and can take a screen shot of it.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
The team guys are running new profiles. There is nothing wrong with the stock ones, but I guess Jared and Pillars were tweaking and came up with something good. I got it on my ESC's now, but I didn't get a chance to write down the profile (and don't have the software yet to look it up. Hopefully I will get the software (Kyosho America sells it now) and can take a screen shot of it.
Let us know what the settings are once you find out.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Just installed the new speed control and had a question.

Does anyone know what the values of each profile are and where do I find the controller to change the small details on each profile?

Thanks for the help,
Joe
Old 01-22-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Kyosho America now sells the KO ESC software and USB PC adapter
Old 01-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Just installed the new speed control and had a question.

Does anyone know what the values of each profile are and where do I find the controller to change the small details on each profile?

Thanks for the help,
Joe

Ran this set-up today and didn't have fun.

When I hit the gas(soft or hard from a stop) it sounds like it's ripping the spur gear out of the car. Then it will roll and take off just fine. I change the motor timing(tried all the settings) and tried all 5 ESC setting and it still did it.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Ran this set-up today and didn't have fun.

When I hit the gas(soft or hard from a stop) it sounds like it's ripping the spur gear out of the car. Then it will roll and take off just fine. I change the motor timing(tried all the settings) and tried all 5 ESC setting and it still did it.

What am I doing wrong?

What motor are you running? I had a 17.5 do that with a GTB in my RB5. Pretty sure its the motor itself. Sounded like a stripped spur gear or internal trans gears and it felt low on the initial take off. Took the motor apart and couldnt find anything wrong with it. Put a different motor in it and stopped doing it. Try swapping motors, see if anything changes. I havent got my ORION ESC's yet, but a buddy I race with uses them and has had no problems whatsoever. He absolutely loves them.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
Hello I am not Joe nor do I work or run for orion. Advance your timing 2 degrees should really help. The people who run the orion 17.5's at my local track do this. I know this is late but hopefully this has helped you.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Just picked up the '08 17.5 Stock & 13.5 Race to try out.

For the 2 degrees on the 17.5, you mean 2/3 of a notch right? Not two full notches?
Each notch looks to be about 3 degrees or so.

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rc pete

For the 2 degrees on the 17.5, you mean 2/3 of a notch right? Not two full notches?

Thanks.
Each notch is about 6 degrees.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
What motor are you running? I had a 17.5 do that with a GTB in my RB5. Pretty sure its the motor itself. Sounded like a stripped spur gear or internal trans gears and it felt low on the initial take off. Took the motor apart and couldnt find anything wrong with it. Put a different motor in it and stopped doing it. Try swapping motors, see if anything changes. I havent got my ORION ESC's yet, but a buddy I race with uses them and has had no problems whatsoever. He absolutely loves them.
I tried a Orion 17.5(08) and 17.5,13.5 and a 10.5 Novak also tried a Trinity 17.5 duo.

Spoke to Robert(KO) and he said it a timing issue. I retarded the timing and went up 5 teeth on the pinion and it went away. I run on-road. The ESC has alot of timing built into it and when you get a motor that alot of timing it causes it to cog. It doesn't have this issue with lower turn motor.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete

Thanks.
Probably a quarter of a notch then. STLNLST, seems to know directly. I just answered as to what I was told by friends.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Each notch is about 6 degrees.
Thanks for the help.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
Probably a quarter of a notch then. STLNLST, seems to know directly. I just answered as to what I was told by friends.

Thanks for the help.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Thanks guys, I'll start there.

For the 13.5, Joe mentioned to keep the timing at 0, but Clint's setup sheet from the Chico carpet race shows 18 degrees... and a 4.7FDR. You cooking eggs on that thing or racing it? I'll have to play around with that one to see what I find, as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.