Like Tree94Likes

Speedzone Batteries & Motors

Old 11-28-2013, 12:40 PM
  #781  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (96)
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,880
Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado
Speedzone Team Manager

I am happy to announce that Andrew Doherty will be Speedzone's Team Manager. He has some great ideas and input which will contribute to Speedzone's growth momentum as a team and as a company.
Very nice Congrats Andrew!!

Also I'd like to wish a happy thanksgiving to the entire Speedzone family.
chris moore is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 04:10 AM
  #782  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (66)
 
rob martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pittsburgh pa
Posts: 2,946
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

I know this a Onroad thread but I thought I would share my weekend results. My speedzone powered tlr 22 took the win in mod 2wd yesterday at McCulloughs off-road turkey race (:

rob martin is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 PM
  #783  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rob martin
I know this a Onroad thread but I thought I would share my weekend results. My speedzone powered tlr 22 took the win in mod 2wd yesterday at McCulloughs off-road turkey race (:

Awesome job Rob!

This thread is not limited to just on-road.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 05:46 PM
  #784  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Bigz84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Indoor Champs

Hey Gavin,
this weekend I attended the indoor champs that was held in Cleveland. The Peerless packs helped me secure a spot in the A Main in 17.5 TC, in which we had over 40 racers sign up for this class. I ended up finishing 9th.

Thanks for the great packs.
Bigz84 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 AM
  #785  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bigz84
Hey Gavin,
this weekend I attended the indoor champs that was held in Cleveland. The Peerless packs helped me secure a spot in the A Main in 17.5 TC, in which we had over 40 racers sign up for this class. I ended up finishing 9th.

Thanks for the great packs.
Always fantastic to put it in the show at one of the biggest on-road event in the US! All smiles.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 AM
  #786  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Speedzone wins South African Nationals

Shaun Schutte and Speedzone Win South African 1/12 Mod Nationals

Congrats goes out to Shaun Schutte for winning the South African 1/12 Mod Nationals. He also had great overall runner-up finishes in 13.5 and Mod Touring. Shaun joined the team a few weeks back and was immediately fast with his Speedzone packs.

This win gives Speedzone its first National Championship outside of North America.

Thanks and congrats again to Shaun.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 02:19 PM
  #787  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

All mod motors are back in-stock.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 PM
  #788  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,526
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Gavin,

Do you have an ETA on shorty packs? Going to race some 2wd buggy and I need to get my hands on one.
Csaari77 is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 PM
  #789  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Csaari77
Gavin,

Do you have an ETA on shorty packs? Going to race some 2wd buggy and I need to get my hands on one.
Hope to have them by the end of this month if not sooner.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 08:57 AM
  #790  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2014 ROAR Region 2 Carpet Regionals

Congrats to Sal Amato for taking TQ in both 1/12 and TC 17.5. Sal ran the Peerless Series 1S and 2S lipo packs.

Strong run also put in by John Themelis, qualifying 5th in the TC 17.5 A main with the complete Speedzone motor and battery package.

Great runs by both drivers!
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:12 AM
  #791  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Short packs will be available again middle of this coming week.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:50 PM
  #792  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
flyinr2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado
Short packs will be available again middle of this coming week.
Awesome news Gavin.... might have to buy another one.
flyinr2003 is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:07 PM
  #793  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,526
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado
Short packs will be available again middle of this coming week.
Great to hear. I'll be placing an order as soon as they come in.
Csaari77 is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 03:41 PM
  #794  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (83)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hughson CA
Posts: 5,608
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado
Short packs will be available again middle of this coming week.
Hey gavin. Just want to say my 8.5 and 7.5 motors have been untouchable power wise.

For anyone running 2wd buggy
Im running a losi 22 2.0
Speedzone shorty
Speed passion reventon pro in blinky mode.
Speedzone 8.5

Gearing 20/81
The car is a missle.

4wd
Caster racing s10b
Speedzone saddle pack
Speedzone 7.5
Speedpassion reventon pro in mod 2
Im also boosting 14* of timing at end of rpm range.


Gearing 23/81

This car cant be touched. I ran down a 6.0 and 5.5 on straights.

I can post more detailed esc settings if needed.

2wd sc
Speedzone 6200 60c
Speedzone 8.5
Speed passion revention pro mod 2.
No boost
But 10* of timing.

18/81 gearing.

This truck is perfect match of speed and low end power couldnt be more happy running sct.

I also wanted to say these short packs have been great.

I had an incadent with a charger i started charging the pack at 10amps. Well i noticed some slight swelling about 10mins into charge. So i unplugged the pack and let it sit for about 10 mins and then discharged the pack to 6.2v and then charged it fully at 1amp and the pack has not gained resistance or dropped in punch or run time.
smokinu is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 AM
  #795  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by smokinu
Hey gavin. Just want to say my 8.5 and 7.5 motors have been untouchable power wise.

For anyone running 2wd buggy
Im running a losi 22 2.0
Speedzone shorty
Speed passion reventon pro in blinky mode.
Speedzone 8.5

Gearing 20/81
The car is a missle.

4wd
Caster racing s10b
Speedzone saddle pack
Speedzone 7.5
Speedpassion reventon pro in mod 2
Im also boosting 14* of timing at end of rpm range.


Gearing 23/81

This car cant be touched. I ran down a 6.0 and 5.5 on straights.

I can post more detailed esc settings if needed.

2wd sc
Speedzone 6200 60c
Speedzone 8.5
Speed passion revention pro mod 2.
No boost
But 10* of timing.

18/81 gearing.

This truck is perfect match of speed and low end power couldnt be more happy running sct.

I also wanted to say these short packs have been great.

I had an incadent with a charger i started charging the pack at 10amps. Well i noticed some slight swelling about 10mins into charge. So i unplugged the pack and let it sit for about 10 mins and then discharged the pack to 6.2v and then charged it fully at 1amp and the pack has not gained resistance or dropped in punch or run time.
Great information. Thanks!
Gavin Creado is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.