Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yeah he took the whole thing a LOT better then I would have. Even got the car running again to finish 3rd in the main!

It was a bad sight though. Lots of smelly smoke. Jason got some good pics of it so we should see the carnage soon.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't seem to find the setup sheet for my Banzai motor. I'm running a B44 w/ a 12x2 mod motor attached to my LRP Sphere. I went with the recommended gearing from AE, (21t) but I know typically that the motors need gearing adjustments. What should I be running on my 12x2? Also, what kind of temp should I expect to see and whats dangerous?

I ran my "new/used" B44 in a 4 mod race last nite. They had the final race for our indoor track before it closes its doors. My problems were with my ESC and NOT my motor. I know the motor can put power down, but I had trouble with my settings. I think I may have to re-do my radio settings as well.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some outdoor racing this summer.

MOmo
Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Company Representative

MOmo:

My problems were with my ESC and NOT my motor. I know the motor can put power down, but I had trouble with my settings.

What kind of problems are you having

I know the motor can put power down, but I had trouble with my settings. I think I may have to re-do my radio settings as well.

If it's a power problem, check your radio settings and try a complete reset on you're speedo and go from there

If you still need help drop me a e-mail

Scott
Old 06-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yesterday was round 2 of the ARCORR series. So I made the 5 hour drive over again. The morning started with me on the phone with server problems at work for most of practice. I could get in clean runs to save my life. I kept making mistakes and when you make mistakes you have to rely on corner marshals. And for me that never turns out good. I had one decent run in 2wd that I lost half a lap on 2 laps waiting to be cornered. That made the difference between being in the or not. I think proceed to detonate the transmission in royal fashion. I even had to replace the case and all but 1 bearing lol. Truck I qualified 6th I think and ended up 8th after the hack fest to end all hack fests. I did lead one lap before it went all pear shaped. 4wd I was iffy to the last round. I did a repeate of race 1 and put down a run that moved me up to 3rd qualifier. The main started good for about 2 turns before the punting started. So I was back to 9th where I was stuck most of the race. I finally got clear of traffic and was able to pass for 4th position at the start finish line. I was able to retain my 2nd in points and in truck I moved up from 4th to 3rd. 2wd... who knows lol It will take awhile to clean off the stink in that class lol. This time around I ran the 6.5 in 4wd as always, I moved the 8.5 to truck and the 10.5 to my 2wd. That poor 10.5 has been there and back and just keeps on running.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

I forgot to mention that Eddie Robinson ran 2wd, qualified 2nd and won the main.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Company Representative

Thanks for the updates Billy. It sounds like you had a pretty eventful weekend plus the 5 hour drive on top of that You'll get 'em next time
Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks. The next trip is in 2 weeks, another 5 hours. I am woreout, but I am too close to the top in truck and 4wd to quit now lol.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
What kind of problems are you having
I didn't seem to have any punch. I was having a hard time clearing a couple of doubles that are easily clear-able. The motor came off a bit warm, but I think the trouble was in the ESC. I think initially I had the Launch control set up where I got a strong launch, but after It just seemed flat.

Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
If it's a power problem, check your radio settings and try a complete reset on you're speedo and go from there
Yea. I think with the ESC I re-did the settings trying for a smoother setting. I seemed to have a TON of punch initially. Its an LRP and I know based on what people have said about BL, you need to set the ESC to roll into the power. Since Im running a brushed motor, I don't know if the same rules still apply. I need to re-read my radio instructions and the ESC recommendations for radio settings. Anyone still using an LRP Sphere-2007 upgrade?.

I guess my only ? is about how to gear a 12x2. AE i think suggests using a 21t pin. Not sure if i need to go down or up.

Thanks for the help! Im hoping to give some of the BL guys a run for their money this summer when i do make it out to race. I need some more stick time on my new B44 though.

MOmo

Last edited by MOmo; 06-02-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Casper
Thanks Brent. I was trying. When you going to get a 4wd to join us. That class is super fun!
Thats why i started runnin truck mod last 2 races so i can get that feeling of
that much speed again..
Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BanzaiMom
Hase, McGarvey, Brent, you guys comin' out Sunday???????
yep we will be there,gonna try for driven sat afternoon but not sure how thats gonna work out,i gotta work,got the boss to let me off at 12:00 so we will see..
Old 06-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Scott,

Looks like I'm going to make it this Saturday and Sunday. Mike and I will save you a pit spot.

See ya there!

Voom Voom
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Mad Mark
Hey Scott,

Looks like I'm going to make it this Saturday and Sunday. Mike and I will save you a pit spot.

See ya there!

Voom Voom
Cool I thought you were going out of town

Old 06-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah... that got canceled so I'll be raising havoc at the track. hehe

Voom Voom
Old 06-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Bonzi Motor Cuts!

Hi Scott,

This is Jeremy Flint... I just wanted to find out if your bringing the two stock motors with fresh cuts on them for the race tomorrow at Pegasus....

I was wondering if you could check the magnets as well and see if they could use a zap....? Also please let me know how many cuts i have left on them and when I should replace them....

Sincerely,

Jeremy Flint
Old 06-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Company Representative

I'll have them with me tomorrow, Sunday!

See you all at Pegasus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.