Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
Alex did great at the Cactus...there certainly were a host of drivers that could take any of the classes so it was a very competitive year. The track required a LOT of patience and that became tough if one needed to make up any time. It was nice to see everyone out there and Adam was great to work with in regards to the speedos...Thanks Adam.

Can't wait to see everyone out for the JBRL kickoff.
Ryan, great news to hear your running Banzai again. You also had a great Cactus, I think you made (2) "A" mains, 10.5 4wd ad the 10.5 2wd (bump up). He put together a lot of great qual runs and they only took (8) with 2 bump ups. Super job and thanks for the kind words on Alex. See you soon.

Should we bring rain or snow gear for Sunday
Old 03-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Probably just to be safe!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Better not bring the rain...haha. But yes, thank you everyone, its good to be back.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by hacker07
Better not bring the rain...haha. But yes, thank you everyone, its good to be back.
Well, who'll be there Saturday Looks like good weather for this weekend
Old 03-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Prophet

I will. Looks like good weather all week to dry out the track. Lots of wind today which will be good to dry out the track as well.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Halversons will be there....
Old 03-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Halve
Halversons will be there....

Old 03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Weekend results and news..

Mom, Scott and Banzai Nation.

I do hope all is well on the West Coast, I've been talking to a few buddies out that way about the F-22 crash that happen earlier today.

Jason won the B-main last weekend at B&T as the primer for the "Battle at the Beach" that begins Friday. I think he would've been running that Banzai 19T in the A-main if we had one more qualifying heat--but he was VERY happy to get the win. He also placed 4th in the Stock Buggy A-main.

He did get to wheel a D8 in-between heats and that put a huge smile on his face, knowing very soon he will be wheeling his own D8. Blame Mr Marcus Black if you like. LOL

Anyways, we're all prepped for the Battle, and Marcus is going to help me tune the Banzai and other motors even more to have Jason super-duper ready to race.

I'll be sure to let you know how he does.

Again I hope all is well
-Drew
Old 03-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Drew, I sent you an email today! Good luck to Jason at the
Battle at the Beach!

We will be at Hot Rod's Saturday for the OCRC point series race!
I will have all the supplies with me!

I will have 3800 35 c lipos in stock again next week! First
come first served, so if you need some, email or call! These
sell out fast, and are really great batteries!

Also, please do NOT use the public conversation on the board.
We didn't even know until yesterday it existed, and a note had
been there for a week! Please post here, or email or call!
Thanks!

I have been doing taxes all week! Gosh, I hate doing them.
So I haven't been here on the forum. But I'm back now
Old 03-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Taxes suck. Amy started a Day care last year to pay for the house so we have a "business" now. Arg. Almost done but what an extra pain in the butt!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Casper, we'll see you and Ryan again on Saturday! Rain

not in the forecast!

Now you know why every year I get crazy at tax time!!

There's got to be a better way! It really is a lot

of extra work. And you don't have sales tax to worry about!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hey all, I want to wish all the Banzai Nation good luck this weekend, we are taking a weekend off. Way to many R/C events in a row and I think Alex wants a break to refresh his batteries. Should be a fun day. Good Luck to all !
Old 03-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Way to many R/C events in a row
No kidding
Old 03-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Initiate

The rain is killing the Battle this year.
No practice yesterday and with the rain overnight I have a feeling RC boats would be the choice of vehicle today.
The Battle may get washed out.

Good luck to everyone at the OCRC.

-Drew
Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Battle results...

Well the rain let up enough for us to do rocket round quals first thing Sunday morning and followed by the mains---Triple A-mains for the Electrics. Jason Q’d 5th for the A-main buggy and 4th for the 19t Truck B-main.

Didn’t run as well as we hoped in the first two buggy mains (4th & 6th) but WOW did he ever put on a show in the third main. Beat everyone to the line for the first lap and never looked back. At the buzzer he was two short turns (about 5 secs) from going 2 laps up on the entire field! Without a doubt it was the BEST buggy race he’s ever ran. He was SO smooth! Marcus showed me the gravity feed trick on the shocks and we changed up the fluid weights and WOW. Jason told me it was so fun to drive after that.

In the 19t B-main he and another guy pulled away from the others and traded the lead a couple times before Jason got a little loose in one corner and then tangled with some slower traffic. He finished 2nd and was still very happy with that placing.

So overall he was 4th in Buggy and 2nd in the B-main for 19t—running his Banzai of course!

Good ole Marcus---Missed his first heat (up too late night before—LOL) then a DNF in 2nd heat of 1/8 buggy.
But then he put on a show with his D8. Won the E, D and C mains—by multiple laps in each--pretty much embarrassed everyone else. :P
Then battled with two other guys in the B-main, where he lead a few laps before having to settle for 3rd. So he was very close to bumping all the way up to get into the A-main. Was awesome to watch…especially since the D, C and B were all right in a row.

Anyways, another Battle is in the history book and now we set our crosshairs on Jason running his D8 this weekend and begin prepping for the Wiregrass Indoor Nats May 1-3. We would go to the Cajun in Louisiana, but it’s the same weekend as Wiregrass. So we’re looking for a big electric event before he leaves to visit his dad in June.

Catch you all again soon!!
-Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.