Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, Guys.

For those of you who had inquired about the new Corally Pro10 and F1, they will be out of production in their entirety next week and shipped the week after. We also received approval from PROTOform for a special post production run of the Peugeot 905B High Downforce GTP racing body. It is perfect for the Pro10 and they will arrive the same week as the cars.

Good to see there is interest in this class! I have driven the prototype and there will be a few changes for the better (rear bulkhead height, front brace etc). I hope to be able to strap a T-Bang Brushless 4.5 (or the 3.5 if I feel lucky!) into the missile within the week or two just to see what it can do!

Cheers,

Phil
Old 01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gilligan
Hi, Guys.

For those of you who had inquired about the new Corally Pro10 and F1, they will be out of production in their entirety next week and shipped the week after. We also received approval from PROTOform for a special post production run of the Peugeot 905B High Downforce GTP racing body. It is perfect for the Pro10 and they will arrive the same week as the cars.

Good to see there is interest in this class! I have driven the prototype and there will be a few changes for the better (rear bulkhead height, front brace etc). I hope to be able to strap a T-Bang Brushless 4.5 (or the 3.5 if I feel lucky!) into the missile within the week or two just to see what it can do!

Cheers,

Phil
ooooo I hope 10 pan take off again, those cars are so much fun on large outdoor tracks !! ( I still have my RC-10L2, but would of course trade up if people get into it !)

Stu
Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just finished the B44 paint job incorporating a bit of T-Bang livery,
Attached Thumbnails T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada-picture-064.jpg  
Old 01-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Great Job, James! Have you had it on the track yet?

Phil
Old 01-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys and Gals!

I'm just getting caught up on the thread - lots of action here for the past few days! Great to see!

Lots of stuff cooking in the T-Bang world - as Phil mentioned, the most exciting thing coming up right away is the release of the F1 and Pro10 cars. We are all over them, and expect our cars to ship out to Canada very soon.

Brushless R&D is continuing here, although the industry still has a way to go before the dust can settle. We anticipate more direction coming from ROAR in the next week or two which may finally kick off a bit more standardization and give us a direction we can pursue more aggressively. Our commitment is always to provide quality, high performance products for our customers, and we haven't found that system yet, so the search continues.

We've got lots of T-Bang racers heading out for the "trophy race" season of '08. They are available to help you out track side and to let you take a look at our cars, motors, and power products. Look for them in Lethbridge, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, and everywhere else there is racing! New batches of all of our popular motors will be available for the upcoming events, as well as our complete racing product line-up.

Unfortunately, I am going to miss a good chunk of the spring season this year, but for a good reason - Ms. Bang and myself are expecting twins in the next month or so! I wish you all the best out on the track, and don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail or PM if you have technical questions about the products. My plan is to limit activities to kids, motor building, and video game writing for the next couple months, and then I'll be back to swap paint with everyone at the start of the spring season!

Stay tuned for more announcements - we still have a few more tricks up our sleeve......

T
Old 01-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Trent.. Congrats on the Twins..
Old 01-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John Tag
Trent.. Congrats on the Twins..
Mr. Tag!

Thanks sir. Good to hear from you! It is an exciting time here for sure. As soon as they're big enough to not swallow the small parts, they'll be driving RC.

T
Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gilligan
Great Job, James! Have you had it on the track yet?

Phil

I have had a run at our indoor offroad track which is carpet with jumps, I tried a 4.5 and 5.5 brushless in it but it was a little bit wild for the size of the track. I have now bolted a 7.5 in it which should be a bit more manageable and not make the tires turn into pizza cutters at full throttle
Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey trent:

I dunno if my email got to you or not, but I've been testing a few arm/can combinations for the drift motor, and I think I've hit on something.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Future Drop '08!!

Hey T-Banger's,

For anyone that hasn't heard - big news dropped from ROAR today with a new map for the future of RC racing!

We were anticipating some changes, but we had no idea how progressive they would be in their vision for the future.

To summarize..... BRUSHLESS AND LIPO ARE HERE!

ROAR has approved use of 17.5T and higher motors to run in "Stock" and 10.5 and higher motors to run along with "19T". They are also planning to rough in a 13.5T "Super Stock" class in the future.

LiPo batteries are also approved (providing they meet ROAR safety requirements) to run alongside NiMH in all 7.2v classes.

Obviously, this will take a bit of time to trickle through the club and local racing levels as each group controls their own requirements and classes, but it seems quite certain that the support will be here from all of the major manufacturers as well as some new ones.

We have been proactively researching these new technologies for over a year - a lot of you saw my prototypes last summer. (They were the ones that sometimes caught fire - better me than you, trust me ).

The point of all this has been to have a head start on stable, commercially viable systems for our customers. We are currently waiting on our first batch of production prototype brushless motors that will be available in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for updates as we plan to keep everyone in the loop and provide information for all of our customers to make informed choices on these upcoming technologies.

Hard-cased TrackPower LiPo's have been in stock for almost a year now, so we are confident in their performance and long term durability, but we will be offering numerous additional LiPo configurations in the near future for different vehicles and applications.

In short..... stay tuned, as there is a lot of exciting new tech coming to the industry, and from T-Bang in particular!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sabin
Hey trent:

I dunno if my email got to you or not, but I've been testing a few arm/can combinations for the drift motor, and I think I've hit on something.
Good stuff JD - I'm glad that sucker is still cranking for you! We've been busy as hell here with all of the crazy stuff going on, so I've been a bit occupied with everything else.

The way things are going right now - we may actually see a brushless drift powerplant as one of the offerings.....
Old 01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey Trent, and Phil,

That is exciting !
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

It's also great that they have a class that allows for brushed and brushless to play together. It still allows for those with an affinity to brushed motors to be competitive in stock 27 turn and keeps brushed still alive.

The thought of the manufacturers now having new guidelines to develop to is fantastic as it will bring on new ideas and improvements in quick fashion.

We are moving into an exciting time and I am overjoyed to be a part of the T-Bang team in Australia
Old 01-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stulec52
Hey Trent, and Phil,

That is exciting !
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
Thanks Stu! It is definitely exciting..... we're just building up the knowledge base right now. I ran a reasonable amount of mod brushless over the summer and start of the season, but the 10.5 and 17.5 are a new challenge.

Which classes do you guys allow brushless in right now in Calgary?

T
Old 01-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by B4james
It's also great that they have a class that allows for brushed and brushless to play together. It still allows for those with an affinity to brushed motors to be competitive in stock 27 turn and keeps brushed still alive.

The thought of the manufacturers now having new guidelines to develop to is fantastic as it will bring on new ideas and improvements in quick fashion.

We are moving into an exciting time and I am overjoyed to be a part of the T-Bang team in Australia
Thanks James! You are right - the intent for the stock class is that a good brushed motor will be competitive against a 17.5. We'll get our new dyno systems on-line soon so that we can provide an accurate measure of what the similarities and differences are.

The guidelines are the main thing - the companies didn't have standards to work against until now.... I think we'll see more rapid advancement now, and chances are that other manufacturers will jump into the game as most of the motors are currently built by Feigao.

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.