Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Trent, I've noticed that your trying tons of gear out. have you had the pleasure in trying the new Spere comp by LRP. the TC model. just curious how that will hold out. i've heard some good comments on it. Even Nosram is using it as there own, with there badging on it.

Peace

Andrew in Vic
Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awww, it's for PSP. I'm a 360 man (games I own: Halo 2, Gears of War, Oblivion, and Forza 2).
Old 07-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cyrrus
Hey Trent, I've noticed that your trying tons of gear out. have you had the pleasure in trying the new Spere comp by LRP. the TC model. just curious how that will hold out. i've heard some good comments on it. Even Nosram is using it as there own, with there badging on it.

Peace

Andrew in Vic
Hey Andrew,

That's one piece I haven't had my hands on yet. I've been hearing nothing but good stuff about it though in terms of quality of control - smoothness, etc.

I'll track one down - I definitely want to try it out.

T
Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
Good question! I am active running brushless every weekend right now getting up to speed on the latest stuff.

The combination I was working with - Epic N60 on Mamba Max turned out to just be too much for the Max to handle. The setup was wickedly fast, and worked great outside, but I couldn't get it to stabilize indoors on carpet, and I kept going through controllers.

For something to get the T-Bang stamp of approval, it's got to be fast, and relatively bulletproof, so we only managed to achieve 1/2 of those goals.

Right now, it's back to the drawing board - I am evaluating sensored controllers right now. This weekend, I was running a Novak GTB/3.5R combo and it was great but did thermal on me a few times if I pushed it a bit too far. On the up side, it was wickedly fast, and did not have any of the problems with rotation direction after spin-outs, and was spot on every time I hit the throttle. Even better - it didn't start on fire once.

I'll be back out with some revisions next weekend and we'll take it from there. We are also evaluating some new OEM motors to potentially use as a basis for the system.

I would say that we're probably looking at fall of this year for the new motors though - the testing process sort of had to be reset to explore other avenues. We definitely don't want any meltdowns when they go to market.

T

is the epic N60 same as trinity casue i was thinking about getting a N60 casue there on clear out at speed tech and i f'ed up my mamba on my first outing with it
Old 07-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C_Suzuki
is the epic N60 same as trinity casue i was thinking about getting a N60 casue there on clear out at speed tech and i f'ed up my mamba on my first outing with it
Yes. That is the same motor. They are excellent in terms of power, and I didn't have any problems with the motor end of the equation.

The problem, however, is to find a controller that is able to handle the power demands of that motor. The Mamba Max did a pretty good job of it when we were outside, but didn't work out indoors.

I didn't try it with some of the other higher-end sensorless controllers however - it might be fine with a Schulze, Quark, Hacker, etc. You would have to experiment a bit.

The only other thing I would say about it is to not necessarily rush out and buy one just because they are being discountinued.... Trinity is not going away from the brushless market, and will almost certainly have new brushless products in the future as well.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Yes. That is the same motor. They are excellent in terms of power, and I didn't have any problems with the motor end of the equation.

The problem, however, is to find a controller that is able to handle the power demands of that motor. The Mamba Max did a pretty good job of it when we were outside, but didn't work out indoors.

I didn't try it with some of the other higher-end sensorless controllers however - it might be fine with a Schulze, Quark, Hacker, etc. You would have to experiment a bit.

The only other thing I would say about it is to not necessarily rush out and buy one just because they are being discountinued.... Trinity is not going away from the brushless market, and will almost certainly have new brushless products in the future as well.

it looked really cool when it went boom

have you got one of them back from castle yet?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Haven't got one back yet Matt - I sent the torched one in this week, but I had another one on return sent in about 3-4 weeks ago. I'll let you know when they start coming back.

PM'ed you about the other stuff.

Andrew - Just ordered the LRP TC today as well. I will post up a compare/contrast with it as soon as it gets here.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default 19t Truck win

Hey Trent

Just wanted to tell you that t-Bang won the 19t Truck in Kamloops first time out. I was quite impressed with the power and top end of the motor (C Type Extreme). No one had any power on my truck. Fastest my T4 has gone with a 19t in it...only thing faster was a 10d I ran at the CORCS race.

I think Interior R/C will be very happy with their purchase as well as our customers. Thanks for hookin us up! I'll try to win with the 'Sport' spec some time to prove that even the 'budget' tBang is the fastest out there.

Looking forward to your ventures into brushless

Jason Mardon
Old 07-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Giuseppe
Hey Trent

Just wanted to tell you that t-Bang won the 19t Truck in Kamloops first time out. I was quite impressed with the power and top end of the motor (C Type Extreme). No one had any power on my truck. Fastest my T4 has gone with a 19t in it...only thing faster was a 10d I ran at the CORCS race.

I think Interior R/C will be very happy with their purchase as well as our customers. Thanks for hookin us up! I'll try to win with the 'Sport' spec some time to prove that even the 'budget' tBang is the fastest out there.

Looking forward to your ventures into brushless

Jason Mardon
Hey Jason!

That's awesome man. Those X19 Type C's have quite a bit of rip! You guys are lucky too - that was the last of my current box of C-19 teardowns, and they've been on order since that shipment. Interior RC has got the only batch of them in the supply chain right now. Maybe that was a strategic ploy for the upcoming CORCS races.

Definitely let me know how the sport stacks up if you get one out there. They are quite a lot of bang for the buck - they go through a full tuning pass as well, so they should still be pretty strong out there. I think Doug was running them in his truck this summer.

A batch of T-Bang S-4200 EP Stick packs also headed out to the 'Loops this week. I've been really happy with those EP batts so far as well. I think they'll be the gold standard for indoor this fall.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

hey Trent, been reading about guys charging their lipo's at 2c, Have you tried this at all? I'll be getting some of your new lipo's soon and was just curious. Dan.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by danimal1965
hey Trent, been reading about guys charging their lipo's at 2c, Have you tried this at all? I'll be getting some of your new lipo's soon and was just curious. Dan.
Hey Dan - As long as you're on a good LiPo charger, the TrakPower 4900's should be able to handle the 2C charge. They are rated for 2C right on the packaging:

http://www.trakpower.com/

However, at the higher rates, I believe they recommend a balancing charger.

Personally, I have been charging mine at 1C. I have been finding that if I've got a few packs out to play, they have enough run time, and cool down fast enough that the charge rate isn't a huge factor.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the link Trent. Dan.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

so, are you coming out for central saanach days?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by more$thanbrains
so, are you coming out for central saanach days?

Grrrr.... They told us we were working the weekend on Monday.

Then on Friday, they said "Actually, we're looking good. Go home". So, I could have made it, but now I'm not really set up to go, so I'll have to miss this one. I hope you guys have a great race though!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It's building side of things that's causing the grief.

This is what we're wrapping up right now:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP/Ga...actical_Strike

(Shameless plug) Everyone should go buy copies of this game.

oooooo
I'm a HUGE PSP fan, although not a first person shooter fan. You couldn't do a racing game? jeez might have to check it out though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.