Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave G
It was really great comparing my diggity car to Mike Haynes Darkside car. The cars are very similar as far as battery layout but there are quite a few differences. Mike tqed over me this past weekend by 2 tenths, it was great to have the inline cars in the top spots at the local track. These inline batt cars are going to be the future. Good luck with everything ERIC, you have a great product that is gaining popularity where ever it goes!
Thanks Dave.

-E
Old 01-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by M2_Driver
I have been running the Spektrum PRO rec. in my Mx2 and havent had one glitch..(knocks on wood)
It's starting to look like the antenna wire in my Spektrum module was routed improperly which I have heard can cause problems. I've corrected that and hope to test soon to see if that fixed the problem.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Well while I try and figure out what is wrong with my Spektrum system I decided it was time to redo the electronics in the car. In the last race I glitched into a curb and broke the ear off the servo. SoI pulled the servo out and very carefully dremeled a hole to clear the Kimbro small servo saver and Shoe Goo'd the servo into place on the chassis to get it as low as possible. Now if only the owner of a the LHS I visit would get back from vacation I'll be able to get me some more 16awg wire.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Hey everyone i just got my Darkside in the mail yeteday and was wondering if anyone has any tips for building or any little secrets i shud try.

I am very happy with the kit so far

Thanks
ACE
Old 01-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Make sure you put the side links on so the small screws don't hit anything, and have the larger ballcup on the rear pod end so it can move freely without hitting the chassis, i suggest also putting your electronics back next to the links if you can fit them there.

As for the side springs you want just enough tension for the rear pod to center, and please make sure everything is symmetrical left to right..it just erks me when stuff isn't..lol
Old 01-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Suspended

cool iv done all that already so i shud b good to go

thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
Hey everyone i just got my Darkside in the mail yeteday and was wondering if anyone has any tips for building or any little secrets i shud try.

I am very happy with the kit so far

Thanks
ACE
I'll second the location of the screws for the ball links. I used a little dremmel to allow the screws to be on the same side. I also did a little work on the bottom motor plate and the pivot to allow the motor to move back and use a 38 tooth pinion with a 96 spur if needed.

My own stupid move was to not have the same amount of washers on the pivot ball, football and side links. Built it over several days and lost track
Old 01-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hope to meet some darkside drivers at the birds, realy considering making the move from oval to onroad, looks like a ton of fun. driving my o07 for the first time at the birds, just hope -E is ready for my questions, I promise to make it intresting, LOL I swear I will be good.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Recieved my Darkside 12th scale a week ago. Kit went together very smooth. Ran the car for the first time this past weekend at the Dakota Carpet Champs. Car was preaty much dialed out of the box. Put 7 or 8 practice packs through the car to work out the bugs and get the layout down. Car ran great. I could put it anywhere on the track and it would be smooth as silk. The first two qualifers i wasn't able to finish because some screws vibrated loose on the side links, so i added some locktite to those screws and the problem was fixed. I qualified 5th in the A-Main and finished 7th overall due to some operator error. The pinion wasnt tightened down and the gear mesh was tight. Overall the weekend was good and will continue to make the car faster and faster. The next big race it will be raced at is the HobbyPlex Race at the end of Feburary in Omaha, Nebraska.
Attached Thumbnails DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-img_0619.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-img_0620.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-img_0621.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-img_0622.jpg  
Old 01-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Suspended

what would b a good shock setup to start with for a really tight track

what weight oil and spring
Old 01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B&B Racing
Recieved my Darkside 12th scale a week ago. Kit went together very smooth. Ran the car for the first time this past weekend at the Dakota Carpet Champs. Car was preaty much dialed out of the box. Put 7 or 8 practice packs through the car to work out the bugs and get the layout down. Car ran great. I could put it anywhere on the track and it would be smooth as silk. The first two qualifers i wasn't able to finish because some screws vibrated loose on the side links, so i added some locktite to those screws and the problem was fixed. I qualified 5th in the A-Main and finished 7th overall due to some operator error. The pinion wasnt tightened down and the gear mesh was tight. Overall the weekend was good and will continue to make the car faster and faster. The next big race it will be raced at is the HobbyPlex Race at the end of Feburary in Omaha, Nebraska.
Hey look forward to meeting you. There will be 2 Darkside drivers coming from Colorado!!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

I always use 25wt with the durashock...either a blue or crc gold spring depending on traction, usually a blue these days.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Il see you guys at the Birds also
Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Suspended

thanks ill give it a try
Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I always use 25wt with the durashock...either a blue or crc gold spring depending on traction, usually a blue these days.
that worked for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.