Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree73Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
I get that, but why not offer the motor, with the silver rotor, for the same price? If both rotors are $40, then both motors should be $110.
I dont know in what scenario the blue rotor would be used instead of the silver to be able to say that both motors should cost the same.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gotheframe
I dont know in what scenario the blue rotor would be used instead of the silver to be able to say that both motors should cost the same.

That's what I'm talking about. In what situation would anyone use the blue rotor? Tekin knows that, although the blue and silver costs exactly the same, they offer the same motor with the silver rotor for $10 more. That's the same thing as charging $10 more for a white painted car body over black painted body. Same amount of work, same cost in materials. The yellow rotor is $5 more than the silver and blue. So, if they charged $125 for motor with this rotor, then I would accept that. maybe they should sell the blue rotor for $30 instead of $40. Then it would make better sense on charging the $10 more for the Elite.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

the blue and silver costs exactly the same
costs us the same.

In the end, we're talking $10. Reducing Netflix to the $6.99 with ads for two months would more than cover the difference.
OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 01-09-2024, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

costs us the same.

In the end, we're talking $10. Reducing Netflix to the $6.99 with ads for two months would more than cover the difference.

LOL... $10 would get me a case of Dr Pepper.

I'm just saying. To some, $10 may not seem like a lot, but to others, it can be that last straw that puts it out of reach. The basic R2 is already $120, which is $20 more than the next competitive motor. I'm running test on them to see how they fair. I'll post the video when I'm done.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

it can be that last straw that puts it out of reach
To those less financially fortunate to afford the $10 difference, I'd recommend going with the standard blue rotor since they are already compromising on things like fresh tires, good batteries, paid practice runs, equipment, etc. Can't really even call it a compromise because the same person isn't going to be on the level to compete where they would even notice a difference between rotors. Plus it wouldn't matter with all the pipes in the way and slow marshals.
Old 01-10-2024, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

To those less financially fortunate to afford the $10 difference, I'd recommend going with the standard blue rotor since they are already compromising on things like fresh tires, good batteries, paid practice runs, equipment, etc. Can't really even call it a compromise because the same person isn't going to be on the level to compete where they would even notice a difference between rotors. Plus it wouldn't matter with all the pipes in the way and slow marshals.

I use to think the same. I would tell people to go cheap on the motor because it didn't matter. Then I realized that it doesn't take long, for many racers, to progress to the next level. So, I thought it wouldn't be wise to spend $80 on a mediocre motor then a couple months later, spend $100+ on a faster motor. Of course, you can avoid this issue by getting a $70 Surpass V6.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

I use to think the same. I would tell people to go cheap on the motor because it didn't matter. Then I realized that it doesn't take long, for many racers, to progress to the next level. So, I thought it wouldn't be wise to spend $80 on a mediocre motor then a couple months later, spend $100+ on a faster motor. Of course, you can avoid this issue by getting a $70 Surpass V6.
Ahh, there's the plug finally. Thought it was going to take forever to draw out with the nonsensical banter over $10. So if I got the angle of the pitch correctly, for the discerning individual that scrutinizes everything in their race program over costs, buy Surpass? Glad that could all be cleared up in the tekin products discussion thread instead of surpass discussion. :smugface lol
Old 01-10-2024, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Ahh, there's the plug finally. Thought it was going to take forever to draw out with the nonsensical banter over $10. So if I got the angle of the pitch correctly, for the discerning individual that scrutinizes everything in their race program over costs, buy Surpass? Glad that could all be cleared up in the tekin products discussion thread instead of surpass discussion. :smugface lol

Please don't do that! Don't spin things into some other narrative. If you take a look at the posts on why people are dropping out of RC racing, you will see that most of them are complaining about the cost of racing. Money does not come as easily as it used to. I brought up Surpass because that is what a lot of racers are commenting on about its cost and comparable performance to the much more expensive motors.

Obviously you are big fan of Tekin and will do and say whatever to protect the decisions they make. That's fine. I too am big Tekin fan. I have purchased all Tekin ESC since the 80's. I even purchased Tekin motors and ESC's just because they were a good deal and I have no intentions on using them. Heck, I just bought two Tekin motors for the only purpose of testing them. No other reason. The tracks in my area closed, so I won't be racing with them.

However, it is perfectly fine for me to question something they are doing. Is there a problem with that? Everyone else I have talked to feel the same way. I'm just the one who went and asked the question.
Old 01-12-2024, 06:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

complaining about the cost of racing.
So I was correct on the angle? Not sure what spin I could have been putting on the narrative that was inaccurate. You do have a financial interest in surpass, and plug it in other company's discussion threads and elsewhere for the purpose of marketing and also prompting your youtube channel.
I brought up Surpass because that is what a lot of racers are commenting..
Now that's a spin on a narrative. :shrug
Old 01-15-2024, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

So I was correct on the angle? Not sure what spin I could have been putting on the narrative that was inaccurate. You do have a financial interest in surpass, and plug it in other company's discussion threads and elsewhere for the purpose of marketing and also prompting your youtube channel.

Now that's a spin on a narrative. :shrug
LOL...
Whatever!!!

I wish I was making money off these motors. After shipping and import taxes, there isn't any profit at the price I'm selling them at. I also wish I wasn't losing my ass making these videos on these motors. I paid for all the motors I tested. I sell them when I'm done, but at a pretty large loss.

Last edited by OffRoadJunkie; 01-15-2024 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

I'm back to promote my channel and sell more motors.

Here's the video for the Tekin Gen4-R2 Elite motor test.

https://youtu.be/qK7tY1VcQTg
Old 01-19-2024, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice review.....I wonder how they managed to have a 1.1oz rotor vs 0.9oz for the other motors...I guess they used a tunsgten shaft or a higher concentration of magnet material...
OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 01-19-2024, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Nice review.....I wonder how they managed to have a 1.1oz rotor vs 0.9oz for the other motors...I guess they used a tunsgten shaft or a higher concentration of magnet material...
I believe it is due to the thicker shaft. The shaft is a bit thicker to allow a bigger front bearing.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok...Cool...
Old 04-20-2024, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Considering getting an RS pro for stock racing. Motor hits around 23-24000 rpm during a race. Still viable to get one, and what settings should I use to give the motor max power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.