Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

is tekin not selling 1s esc anymore?
Old 04-22-2024, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choisan
They are in stock at multiple online retailers? Search "Tekin RS Pro 1S Black Edition."
Old 04-22-2024, 11:01 AM
Team Tekin

When stock racing you have to use Spec mode with no timing so most of the settings are about feel more than max power. Maximizing power is more about the timing in the motor and the gearing. However the RSPro is the lowest resistance esc available which does help with the power.

Originally Posted by Sabin
Considering getting an RS pro for stock racing. Motor hits around 23-24000 rpm during a race. Still viable to get one, and what settings should I use to give the motor max power?
Old 04-22-2024, 11:03 AM
Team Tekin

We have had some component issues lately so not in stock on our cart, but should be available at one of our dealers or online resellers. We should have them back in stock on our cart in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by choisan
Old 04-22-2024, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
When stock racing you have to use Spec mode with no timing so most of the settings are about feel more than max power. Maximizing power is more about the timing in the motor and the gearing. However the RSPro is the lowest resistance esc available which does help with the power.
Yup.

I have my motor timed to where it's putting out as much horsepower it can. Temperature is great and I'm going through maybe a third of the 6000mah pack. but I'm just being outmotored on the straight.
Old 04-22-2024, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
We have had some component issues lately so not in stock on our cart, but should be available at one of our dealers or online resellers. We should have them back in stock on our cart in a few weeks.
Hope it's not any electronic components, if so why didn't you send me the part number(s) to see if you have avoided this.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any ETA on the black cases for the RX8 Gen3 ESC?
Old 04-22-2024, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkranz
Any ETA on the black cases for the RX8 Gen3 ESC?
Hopefully soon.
Old 04-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Yup.

I have my motor timed to where it's putting out as much horsepower it can. Temperature is great and I'm going through maybe a third of the 6000mah pack. but I'm just being outmotored on the straight.
What class is this you are running in and what motor?

Have you confirmed the configurations of the vehicles who are outmotoring you (ceramic bearings, weight, freeness of there drive line, tires, etc)?
Old 04-23-2024, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
What class is this you are running in and what motor?

Have you confirmed the configurations of the vehicles who are outmotoring you (ceramic bearings, weight, freeness of there drive line, tires, etc)?
USGT with open 21.5 motor.

most of the configurations are almost identical, but with either ORCA speedos, and all are running steel bearings. The car's been rebuilt with a fresh set of bearings. All have had a light oil treatment done to it and there is no binding anywhere. Motor temperature has an interior temperature of just over 70 degrees. Batteries are brand new. Only expended 1600mAh out of a 6000mAh pack and voltage sag is minimal. My race weight is 1505 grams - just a bit over minimum legal weight. I'm just being trounced by guys clocking 12.3's and my best average is 13.5's.

I did a reset and an update of my ESC's firmware, and I've loaded a new profile just now. Hopefully that will get me within two tenths.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

USGT with open 21.5 motor.

most of the configurations are almost identical, but with either ORCA speedos, and all are running steel bearings. The car's been rebuilt with a fresh set of bearings. All have had a light oil treatment done to it and there is no binding anywhere. Motor temperature has an interior temperature of just over 70 degrees. Batteries are brand new. Only expended 1600mAh out of a 6000mAh pack and voltage sag is minimal. My race weight is 1505 grams - just a bit over minimum legal weight. I'm just being trounced by guys clocking 12.3's and my best average is 13.5's.

I did a reset and an update of my ESC's firmware, and I've loaded a new profile just now. Hopefully that will get me within two tenths.
Have you tried swapping your stock car motor with your USGT? Your stock car looks like it has good power. Another thing is have Jason, Stephen or Eddie drive your car and see if they run similar lap times. You’re in the opposite situation as Eddie and Stephen, in their case it’s their USGT that is faster than their stock car.

About your ESC, totem? I have heard two people complain about them. I can’t remember specifics but it’s some how limiting the power it should be giving. Tekin rs pro BE is a good stock car ESC. I ran one earlier in Overgeared’s season. Extremely punchy and I like all the brake tuning options it has.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Both Chuck and Bok drove my car - they were getting times within a half second.

The ESC is a XR10 pro - I'm going to use a mod profile and kill all boost, turbo and softening features to see if there's a change. I've also updated the firmware. Once I get it on the dyno, I'll be able to compare the two and have a better idea.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Both Chuck and Bok drove my car - they were getting times within a half second.

The ESC is a XR10 pro - I'm going to use a mod profile and kill all boost, turbo and softening features to see if there's a change. I've also updated the firmware. Once I get it on the dyno, I'll be able to compare the two and have a better idea.
Too bad I wonít be back in Canada until next winter. i would have let you borrow a motor to compare. I would let you drive my car but several people, including edmond, say itís extreme difficult to drive.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Too bad I wonít be back in Canada until next winter. i would have let you borrow a motor to compare. I would let you drive my car but several people, including edmond, say itís extreme difficult to drive.
Does that mean youíll be coming to SeaTac anytime soon?
Old 04-24-2024, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by busman
Does that mean youíll be coming to SeaTac anytime soon?
Depends when I can get a trf421.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.