Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by hellangel
yah man... i was looking forward to carpet this weekend...

too bad....
Me too, 12th scale on carpet will REALLY rock!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i see the general view is to relax this weekend... maybe it's not too bad an idea...

something happened to me so i definitely can't race this weekend... injured my right foot so i can hardly even stand properly, let along walk or carry heavy stuff....

looks like i'll be quarantined at home until my foot gets better...
Old 06-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Nobody racing? Guess its bad timing for me to start racing this week. Think I better cncentrate on school work.

I was back at the rcs track the other day. After 7 months of meditation my powers improved.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey guys,
where do you guys run your 1/12? thats free for all, you know, no need for membership etc
.....coz i wanna see what my pan can do, but i'm not a racertype person thats for sure so signing up for membership is sumthin thats a long way off....
anywhere like that?
TIA
Old 06-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

overtki11: Why not try marina south hobby bug track? That is a smooth surface, will not damage your chassis. The RC speedway track i prefer the layouts there, but the bumpy track eats up carbon fibre chassis like no tommorrow. I've lost 1 414m lower deck there, and ozone has lost like a SP12G3 lower deck too! Worn till the screw holes!

Jimmyd: You have not seen my new 300rsr setup yet! The new roll centre adjustments I made plus my new, version 4 setup theory will hopefully put a sweat drop on your forehead kekekek
Old 06-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".

hey thanks Alvin.....marina is free for all? or do i need to be a customer?....sorry ah, idiotic Qs, but better to know than to go there blur blur...haha.

ouch, rc speedway sounds dangerous....more for TCs i guess?
Old 06-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

overtki11: MS and RCS are free....
Old 06-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

thanks ozone.....
Old 06-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

sigh. i hope the next cck race will be back to carpet. i long for the times when ep entries can exceed 50 people at cck indoor races..............don't like to see the series just die like that.

i understand there is a 'link' involved in this sunday's race also. (incl allowing bl or something). sigh.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Hey you guys really not joining the 1/12 race?
I get to play it only once a month. Really hope you guys can join.

Going to test my new setup this sunday. Thanks to Alvin's tip. Alvin race leh, by the way how did you do for your malaysia race?

ozone ask your brother who plays 1/12 to play leh. Want to challenge him again(more like losing to him again).

hellangel have a good rest at home. I will be taking video of the rest for this sunday. Will post it to my website after the race.

Jimmyd long time no see. Heard you very good at 1/12, hope you can make it this weekend too if you are free. By the way this is Jerry if you can't remember I lend you my pinion for 1/10 CCK race last year.

Really hope you guys who can make it go for the race.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tzer

Going to test my new setup this sunday. Thanks to Alvin's tip. Alvin race leh, by the way how did you do for your malaysia race?

ozone ask your brother who plays 1/12 to play leh. Want to challenge him again(more like losing to him again).

hellangel have a good rest at home. I will be taking video of the rest for this sunday. Will post it to my website after the race.

Jimmyd long time no see. Heard you very good at 1/12, hope you can make it this weekend too if you are free. By the way this is Jerry if you can't remember I lend you my pinion for 1/10 CCK race last year.

if the race was held at CCK indoor carpet... i would at least try to make the effort to race with a injured foot...

...but RM... dun really fancy the place...
Old 06-25-2003, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Tzer

Hi, long time. Always lend lend pinion wat how can I not remember? Actually my skill now really rusty after months of non racing. (the meditation crap is just to psycho alvin & ozone)

So how many will be going for 1/12? will try and make it for this sunday. The batts looked tempting. So how to go rm??? Anyone??

Yo Alvin, tell us about your v.4 setup theory. Hey if you think you got good setup, come and prove it man. You havent see my setup for 10L2.5 it will make you shiver!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Overkill, I still prefer rcspeedway for racing 1/12 and other pan cars. The latest layout quite good and the bumps are less severe. About the track gobbling up chasis it only happens if you run too soft and too low. I have no problem at all. The ms track is smooth but the boards are very deadly. there are many place that can snag your car and the handling very inconsistant there making it easy to get accidents.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Alright man Jimmyd. You running 4 or 6 cells?

Hopefully Alvin and ozone can make it too.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jimmyd
Overkill, I still prefer rcspeedway for racing 1/12 and other pan cars. The latest layout quite good and the bumps are less severe. About the track gobbling up chasis it only happens if you run too soft and too low. I have no problem at all. The ms track is smooth but the boards are very deadly. there are many place that can snag your car and the handling very inconsistant there making it easy to get accidents.
hey Jimmyd,

thanks for your opinion dude......i guess i'll just have to make it to these two places to see and try for myself. hopefully i won't destroy my precious pan in the process.haha.

Last edited by overtki11; 06-25-2003 at 06:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.